Club 200 Plus

J

jennifuffa

:rolleyes: Hi

I just thought that maybe some of you feel the same way as I do about the long journey that we have ahead of us. I know that loosing weight is a struggle no matter how little or how much you have to loose but I thought that those of us in the 200's might have a little something in common.

So if anyone is interested I would like to start a club for us.

Great Idea

jennifuffa, Great Idea I'd like to participate.

Chip

Sorry, don't mean to sound rude, but there is already a club for those of us in the 200s that are trying to get out of them. Maybe we could all get together on us and provide each other support. The other thread is "heading 4 and reaching the 100s."

although that is a good idea... can't we still have both? there's lots of challenges going simultaneously. another 200-club wouldn't hurt.... i guess cause i like the idea of a new thread especially for newbies like myself.

I did notice the other thread but when I checked it out it appeared that most of you are really close to getting out of the 200's. I like the thought of having a second thread for those who are just starting out. I agree with initial C. It couldn't hurt to have another thread.

I really didn't mean to imply that you all couldn't do this, I just didn't know if you had seen the other thread or not. I guess a lot of the ones posting in the other thread are getting close to being out of the 200s. I think this thread is a great idea if that's what yall want. :D

Good luck everyone!!

welp, Jenn's the head honcho in this thread then. :)

How's everyone doing?
It's been a bad week for me right now. I see to have plateau-ed at around 280. *pouts*

Plateu's are so difficult. I noticed there was a thread where someone had said they plateaued and there were lots of good ideas. One that I have never though of before was to increase your calories for a couple of days and then go back to your usual caloric intake. I can't remember where exactly that thread was but it might be worth checking out.

So should we start up a little challenge to kick us into gear? Any ideas?

hmm... i'll try to do a lil search for it. thanks for the tip. :)

sure, i'm up for a challenge.
we can have different challenges every month or so... Like...

a water challenge.
a biggest loser challenge.
a club walking goal (ie: we pick a "destination" we begin at, and an "end destination" and we count the miles we walk and combine/add to it to get to our "destination").
a eating challenge (less than a certain amount of calories/fat/sodium/sugar).
an exercise challenge.

um... well, that's the end of my list. what do you all think?

I like it. I was thinking about a sugar challenge. I use the weight watchers plan so I dont' count calories but points instead. I have such an issue with sugar. Maybe we can cut out sugar for a given time.

I really like the walking to a destination. My mom actually belongs to this website called C2C fit and you can walk across Canada, U.S. Australia you name it. It is kinda cool to see how far you walked. So maybe we could start with that one.

Now to pick a destination. Lets start on Monday May 15th and go for a month until June 15. What do you think about that?

What if we chose a nice island to walk across or around. Something like Jamacia or Cozumel, or Cuba. We could find out how many miles and km's (for me, I'm Canadian) and track our progress here.

Good idea? Not so good?

Let me know what ya thing.

Last edited:
I'm Canadian too. Hmm. Wanna do a trek this month from Vancouver to I dunno... Let's say... Banff or Jasper. And as more people join up, we'll make the distance further?

So which city do you wanna go to first? ;)
Jasper is 536km away (333 miles).
Banff is 579km away (360 miles).

And one of these we'll try to be our end destination by mid-June. :)

Sounds Great I like both. I've been to Banff beautiful tryly beautiful. When you don't get to see those beautiful mountains in your own backyard you surely do find them amazing. So if you don't mind either way then lets start with Banff.

Vancouver _ :D _______________________________________Banff

Start counting today!

Last edited:
okay... not much for me today. i got 1 km down!
it's a slow start but it's something. :D

so...
579km - 1km = 578km to go!

Last edited:
Banff or Bust!

Ok I did a lot of walking over the last couple of days which makes a grand total of 5kms for me.

So our total is now 6 kms 554kms to go.

Vancouver ___:D _____________________Banff

Last edited:
My workout this last week....

Eliptical - 1 mile (1.61 km)
Bike - 2 miles (3.22 km)
Walking - 1 km

That's 5.83 km. That's 566.17 km left. (Sorry about the mile thing but the eliptical machine and the bike only read in miles. >_< )

And I'd have done more but I've been awfully sore this past week with back pain. Gah. I dunno if I slept badly or my bed is crappy or what... but ow. It's only slightly better today. I'm too young to have back pain. ;_____;

BTW, where's all the other members in this club? Did they all quit already? o___o?

Last edited:
Back