Club 200-250

LOL I think that they all go from "great to get into (and out of the one above)" to "can't wait to get out of (and into the one below)" :)

:D I sincerely hope there´ll be one you want to stay in though!

Thanks Xena. I'm still in this club - but testing the boundary... Hopefully I'll be out of it soon.

200.25 today...

I've got the next club in my sights.....

Hello, everyone. I have been quiet on here for a while. My job schedule changed from 5 to 6 days and I have been exhausted an unable to take care of my health. So I am sure that my weight has gone up. But I have been too afraid to check it. As a result of all this, I started praying about it.

I started listening to Allison Armstrong, a marriage counselor of sorts. She focuses on making deals between partners, and I thought that it was the right solution for my weight loss problem. The solution was that I needed to make some deals with my wife about sleeping and eating. Here are the deals.

1. Sleep. Since I need to wake up at 3:30 AM for work, I need to be in bed by 8:00 PM at the latest. That way I can get enough sleep to not be a voracious zombie the next day.
2. Eating (this is the tricky one in my opinion). I asked my wife to stop offering me food altogether. I want her to prepare the meals for our family but to have no expectation on how much I will eat. That way I am free to eat less or not at all when I feel necessary. I also asked her to stop thanking me when I eat a lot. Making food for me is her way of expressing love. Most of all I asked her to never show sadness when I don't want to eat because that is the most discouraging thing she can do. It makes me afraid to say no. She said she will do her best but she might slip up sometimes. I said I can handle slipups as long as she never shows sadness or disapproval. That is the only unbearable thing for me.

I expect that getting more sleep and being completely free to control my meals will help me get back on track with weight loss. I am HOPING that this will help me make much more stable progress than I was in the past. I HOPE to be down to 200 by the end of the year. That would be a dream come true for me.

Working 6 days a week with that kind of schedule sounds rough. I hope you'll be able to get more sleep and feel better!

Hey Kyle, welcome back. I was just thinking about you.

The problem with food and the wife is a familiar one, it has caused me some tension. My wife does less cooking for me than she used to, but still does fix dinners some times. She tries, but often adds more calories than I can eat, when I don't eat something it can be a bit stressful. I have found that trying to explain what my diet plan is and how the food does or does not fit into it impacts me helps. I will often tell her that if I eat that I will have to go without something else later in the day. I also eat a small portion of things just to please her, always within my calorie goals. For example yesterday she baked a loaf of bread, and I knew she would not be happy if I did not have some of it. So I ate one smallish slice (it was delicious), and then explained to her that it would mean that I could not eat a big peach. It kind of helped. Not that my solutions would work for you, they don't always work for me. I just wanted to know you are not alone in this.

I think you can make 200 lbs by year's end. I have seen you lose a lot of weight when you were determined, you can do it again.

Hi, Kyle. It is really complicated when your partner is such a nurturer. My husband is too. It must be really hard working 6 days a week & with such difficult hours. Do the best you can & hopefully you will get into a healthy routine. Take care :grouphug:

Its great to meet you Kyle. We haven't met - but I am another person that is apt to leave the forum for a while... You do have an exhaustive work schedule there.

I think that the sleep commitment will help you with the eating commitment... None of us can hope to control our eating if we are feeling sleep deprived...

I think that many of us can tell a tale of food temptation coming from inter-personal relationships at home... I know that on my big project - I was trying to be good with my food for over a month before my husband realised it... My husband has long been very cuddly... We were two very cuddly people together... We used to have a drawer full of bars of chocolate and chocolate sweets... He used to go to the drawer several times an evening and bring us both bars of chocolate... I'd just leave mine to one side and (either when he wasn't looking or at the end of the night) put my bars of chocolate into another drawer... Eventually I told him what I was doing - but that had happened for over a month first...

I had to separate my weight loss from his - as in previous projects we'd dieted together and failed gloriously together as we both failed when the first one wanted to cave in. We spent decades leading each other astray... Over the years I have probably led him astray just as often as he has led me astray... It is naturally lovely when you can both eat healthily together. When I did my big project - he was not in the right place to deal with his weight - but he was proud of me when I did lose weight.

I was wondering whether your wife is cuddly... If she is - it could colour how she feels about you losing weight.

Its great to meet you Kyle. We haven't met - but I am another person that is apt to leave the forum for a while... You do have an exhaustive work schedule there.

I think that the sleep commitment will help you with the eating commitment... None of us can hope to control our eating if we are feeling sleep deprived...

I think that many of us can tell a tale of food temptation coming from inter-personal relationships at home... I know that on my big project - I was trying to be good with my food for over a month before my husband realised it... My husband has long been very cuddly... We were two very cuddly people together... We used to have a drawer full of bars of chocolate and chocolate sweets... He used to go to the drawer several times an evening and bring us both bars of chocolate... I'd just leave mine to one side and (either when he wasn't looking or at the end of the night) put my bars of chocolate into another drawer... Eventually I told him what I was doing - but that had happened for over a month first...

I had to separate my weight loss from his - as in previous projects we'd dieted together and failed gloriously together as we both failed when the first one wanted to cave in. We spent decades leading each other astray... Over the years I have probably led him astray just as often as he has led me astray... It is naturally lovely when you can both eat healthily together. When I did my big project - he was not in the right place to deal with his weight - but he was proud of me when I did lose weight.

I was wondering whether your wife is cuddly... If she is - it could colour how she feels about you losing weight.

I like that term "cuddly". Actually my wife is petite and rather trim, which fortunately makes it easier for both of us when I try to lose weight. I am grateful for her being that way. It has helped our two sons be healthy eaters too because their mom eats healthy and cooks healthy.

Hi, Kyle. It is really complicated when your partner is such a nurturer. My husband is too. It must be really hard working 6 days a week & with such difficult hours. Do the best you can & hopefully you will get into a healthy routine. Take care :grouphug:
Hi, Cate. I checked my weight today, and I was happy that it only went up to 241.6 in the last few weeks. So I am hopeful that with the extra 1 - 1.5 hours of sleep and permission to skip meals, I can get to where I want to be.

Hey Kyle, welcome back. I was just thinking about you.

The problem with food and the wife is a familiar one, it has caused me some tension. My wife does less cooking for me than she used to, but still does fix dinners some times. She tries, but often adds more calories than I can eat, when I don't eat something it can be a bit stressful. I have found that trying to explain what my diet plan is and how the food does or does not fit into it impacts me helps. I will often tell her that if I eat that I will have to go without something else later in the day. I also eat a small portion of things just to please her, always within my calorie goals. For example yesterday she baked a loaf of bread, and I knew she would not be happy if I did not have some of it. So I ate one smallish slice (it was delicious), and then explained to her that it would mean that I could not eat a big peach. It kind of helped. Not that my solutions would work for you, they don't always work for me. I just wanted to know you are not alone in this.

I think you can make 200 lbs by year's end. I have seen you lose a lot of weight when you were determined, you can do it again.
Hey, Rob. Thinking of you always motivates me. About my wife, she actually cooks very healthy, and eating her food would be completely fine if I wasn't trying to lose weight. The problem isn't eating her food, it's the lack of freedom to say no which is really demoralizing. I just can't stand being forced to eat things when I am trying to lose weight, even if they are good things. Also it is very hard for me to just eat a little. It's easier not to eat. If I eat at all, I always end up eating more. But if I abstain, then it's a lot easier. And I can still eat her food the next day for lunch.

Last edited:
Hello. Been quiet around here. I guess I missed the party. Just kidding.

So I have been sleeping 7.5 hours the last couple days and it feels so much better. I decided that I am going to do one week of extreme intermittent fasting. 20 hours fasting and 4 hours eating. It's a little crazy, but I want to try something crazy.

Back