climbing

does anyone here climb? it's an awesome workout and i definitely don't go enough. it's fun b/c you can be a first timer, get your workout, and no one even knows. it's a laid back sport that i believe is made for all walks of life. try it out!

I have climbed quite a bit, but i haven't been in a while. There's actually a really nice indoor climbing gym with top roping, lead climbing and bouldering near me.

It's definitly a good workout, but can kill your tendons if you over do it. I took a break from climbing because of a tendon-related injury, and haven't gone since...

I went to an assault climber school while in the Marines, crazy stuff! Climbing and repelling off vertical cliffs in the dark with nothing but night vision goggles. Its a good workout, especially if you don't know what you are doing. A good climber uses his legs for 90% of the work, your hands should only be holding you to the wall, not holding your body weight.

I have tried indoor climbing twice. I sucked at it, but it was fun, and I'd definitely do it again. The gym has machines that auto-belay you on some climbs, so falling off the wall is fun too! :) And the muscles I didn't know I had... the next day I couldn't make a fist!

Climbing is great! It's gotten so popular too over the last decade, so there's loads of places to try it now. For those mentioning that they don't want to go alone, I would disagree. I go alone most weeks when my girlfriend doesn't want to tag along...as long as the community of your bouldering gym is supportive and friendly, you're bound to chat and make new friends with people there anyway. Tbh, finding the right bouldering gym for you is probably one of the attractions of the sport in the first place.

Back