Cheap cardio workout for small space?

I have done p90x a couple times. in one of its plyometrics workouts it has you jumping for almost an hour and landing controlled and soft. so it is possible to do a hardcore HIIT workout that involves jumping if you control the landing. "like a cat on your toes" is what old Tony says anyways lol.

it makes for a more dificult workout with attention to your landing but worth a try. Also any type of punching, kicking karate/ kick boxing could be used. very qiuit in terms of floor noise.

Well here is my advice. You live in an upstairs apartment so you must have stairs. Go run up and down the stairs. It's a free "Stair climber machine".

Hello!
I'm considering my options for a good cardio workout in my apartment. Ideally, it will have the following elements:

- doesn't take up much space
- quiet (I don't want complaints from the apartment below me)
- cheap! (I'm on a tight budget)
- will help me tone up, and burn my fat stores rather than glycogen stores

You can do some killer small space workouts with zero $$

all you need is an area 3 ft wide x 6 ft long and your ready to go

Think about it -- prisoners and Navy SEALs workout using very small spaces and are some of the best all around "real world" athletes on the planet (think tough and who you want on your side if the stuff hits the fan).

here is a bomber list of exercises you can do to improve cardio and tone your body (and make your strong)

running in place
jumping jacks
pushups
situps
burpees
crunches
air squats
alligator pushups
V-ups
squat jumps
diamond pushups
star jumps

you do that circuit for 20 minutes (or more depending on your conditioning) and you will build cardio and muscle tone

tons of videos on YouTube -- check out SEALgrinderPT (Google search) for in depth look at the small space bodyweight workout

have fun and get creative - and if you have neighbors downstairs ask them to join you :)

Hi there, Pilates and Yoga are good if you get the right DVDs, but I have found that definitely the best way to burn fat fast is through interval training with cardio and light weights. I don't know if you have any hand weights? You can get a huge number of DVDs that are great for high intensity cardio intervals, followed by toning and strengthening work. The FIRM has an awesome selection, which are some of my favourites. Otherwise, The Hollywood Trainer series is also excellent. They definitely don't need a lot of space and minimal equipment, so budget wise they are great.
Hope that helps

Back