Cheap cardio workout for small space?

Hello!

I'm considering my options for a good cardio workout in my apartment. Ideally, it will have the following elements:

- doesn't take up much space
- quiet (I don't want complaints from the apartment below me)
- cheap! (I'm on a tight budget)
- will help me tone up, and burn my fat stores rather than glycogen stores

I've heard good things about the Urban Rebounder. Anyone here with any experience with this product? Or do you have a different recommendation?

I'm very receptive to suggestions! :)

Last edited:
Jump rope? Hula? The urban rebounder?

Holy dump... Is that your picture in the avatar?? You ROCK! Just keep doin' what you been doin' girl!

Dayum!

-Rip

LOL... yes, that's me. :blush:

And my tee says "Got Guns?" (it's from the movie Lord of War - yes, I have a very demented/ironic sense of humor.)

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone! I've been definitely thinking of giving pilates or yoga a try... I just wasn't sure how effective they were at burning fat stores... but I guess they both work well in that regard (I'm assuming they keep you at about 60 - 70% maximum heart rate).

Nice I got Big Guns ; ).
Btw I<3 that movie. Best i've seen in awhile. If you need anymore help, feel free to IM me on champr23.

Get on ebay and buy a used NordicTrack ski machine. They fold up, roll away, last forever, can be had for under $150, and give as good a workout as you will get from any cardio equipment.

While not nessarily cheap Id say get yourself a bicycle. Think of it more as an investment, and its multi-purpose. Not just a workout machine but transportation too. Then you could get a trainer or rollers if you didnt feel like biking outside. Otherwise you could get a stationary bike, eliptical machine,both Im sure could be boughten used or on ebay for failry cheap. they dont have very big footprints. While I do like yoga and pilates, I wouldnt consider that a cardio workout.

"Lord of War" was actually alot more enlightening then I would of thought, 2 thumbs up!

Brett

theleip said:
I would really like to back up the jump rope here, it kicks your ass.

There are folks living in the apartment below her, so the jump rope is out, unfortunately.

Personally, looking at her avatar, I would have guessed she gets plenty of cardio running away from all the guys that must be chasing her. :eek:

Russian Kettlebell training

Get yourself a kettlebell and learn how to use it. Combine this with jump rope and some body weight exercises. This is the best training you can do, hands down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip! I've done some reading on kettlebells, and they sound really promising... what's the best place to purchase some? Is there a starting weight you'd recommend for a relaively fit female in her mid-20s?

:)

I have to disagree with the jump roping in an apartment. Don't jump rope in your apartment if there's someone under you. Someone did that when I was staying in a hotel once and it felt like the ceiling was about to come crashing down.

Saphron Girl,

I usually workout in my home when I am short of time because of my daily job. I recorded my home workouts - they are 20 minutes videos - they are exercises for female problematic zones and all exrcise are done in very energetic manner, so your whole body will persperate - persperation is the right sign that you burn fat.

If you want try them here [removed]
these exercises and cardio work really good for me.

Keep us informed for your progress :)

Last edited by a moderator:
jump ropes have worked best for me in my apartment

as for the folks downstairs;
why not ask them if they mind the noise ;)

Save a horse, ride Saphron Girl

hahaaha i forget wat that phrase is from. It's usually save a horse ride a cowboy but ppl changed it around.

What you could do is go workout at the ROOF of the apartment.
Think about it. It's nice weather now that it's summer time.
You get fresh air, get to see the stars, it's pretyt quiet up there too.
You can do jump ropes, run around, WHATEVER!!

hehe

get some decent weight dumbells and do some weight exercises and some body lifting. Even for a woman as petite as yourself a bit of muscle definition can still be good. That and the extra muscle will help burn more calories everyday.
Then in the mornings go for a brisk walk before you have your breakfast, so you target fat loss

Last edited:
Azn_Drag0n said:
Save a horse, ride Saphron Girl

hahaaha i forget wat that phrase is from. It's usually save a horse ride a cowboy but ppl changed it around.

What you could do is go workout at the ROOF of the apartment.
Think about it. It's nice weather now that it's summer time.
You get fresh air, get to see the stars, it's pretyt quiet up there too.
You can do jump ropes, run around, WHATEVER!!

hehe

Country Song by Big and Rich, no I don't listen to country, I just happen to live in a place that its popular ... but it was a catchy tune.

Back