Weight-Loss CHaTAM Challenge, take 2

Weight-Loss

Little John

CHaTAM* = Change a Habit Twice A Month. The idea is to figure out what bad habits you want to drop and what new ones you want to add to your routine. Doesn't have to be a daily habit, either, just try to improve your routines a bit at a time.

I'm going to score myself based on daily monitoring, with a percentage score tracking how well I do (or don't do). Not all changes have to be a daily habit, either, could be something like "Be a vegetarian two full days a week" or "Have a fruit or vegetable with 2 meals each day"

The first Challenge for myself is to stop eating after 8pm every night, starting today, March 4. On March 13, I'll come up with something else to change (e.g. daily exercise, water quantities, etc.).

Since it's a challenge, I'm open to ideas on how a winner is selected - best percentage per week or month? Open to ideas. If it's just me, I'm the default winner, and you'll all have to live with that.

Alright, first two days of my own challenge were a fail. I should have known, so I added a caveat starting on Sunday that on the weekend (Fri and Sat night), 9 pm is the shutoff. But I missed the 8 pm cutoff before the caveat, so I take the hits. My current success percentage is 71%.

A few folks were asking how I'm tracking the score. Here's an example where make-believe me started on Feb 20. This isn't my actual tracker, I'll add those when I start tracking more data.

View attachment 23590

Here are the formulas I used, I'll add more as I find them useful:
View attachment 23591

Back