Cate's Diary

I hope so, Em. Wine is a killer for calories & weight. I love red wine & it's higher in calories than, say champagne. I'm not struggling with DJ but I wouldn't say that I'm enjoying it.
K9 & her parents I'm sure will bring some yummy bubbles this afternoon & I won't be having any 😢

Thanks for the explanation, Cate. I haven't been keeping up now that the Covid strains are a lot less lethal. It's great you can do dry July and take a week off of calorie counting. I am about to start counting again, and I must say, it's not my favorite thing, but definitely time for me to start up again! Nice to take advantage of the house being clean for company! I hope you have a lovely visit with them!!

Thanks, Marsia. It was a delightful visit! K9's Mum got a little bit sad when they left when she said "we probably won't see you again." That would be sad. I(K9's Mum) gave me a beautiful Dutch glass bowl. It is absolutely gorgeous & will live on the high bench between our kitchen & dining room. They also gave us a vase with colourful wooden tulips. It's very pretty & is now on the windowsill in our kitchen. We got talking about pottery & I showed them some of the pottery that R has given us over the years. I mentioned that I just loved the peacock bowl R gave K9 & she looked so excited & said she would give it to me. She's selling up her house in Tasmania & will be living in Mexico with her new BF. We had some lovely conversations & lots of laughs. She knows I love her & I think it's mutual. She seems really happy. I will stay in touch with her forever.
Our son D visited last night too, about an hour later, so we had a lovely Sunday.

Wow, it sounds like such a wonderful visit and friendship. Hopefully you can go visit her in Mexico one day! Sounds like you had a day packed with happiness!

Wow, it sounds like such a wonderful visit and friendship. Hopefully you can go visit her in Mexico one day! Sounds like you had a day packed with happiness!
It was so lovely!
It's wonderful how deeply you connect with people you've only met a couple of times ❤️
I had never thought about it that way, but it's a nice thought. I think I am an open person & I am open to friendship & love.

It's a bit of a miserable day today. I had planned on going into town with Archie today while G is at golf & I should really. There is a new pet shop in town apparently. I have a dog coat to drop off at someone's house that Archie does not like wearing. A woman I met walking one day last week told me about the new pet shop & I asked her if she'd like a coat for one of her dogs as I thought it would fit him. She sounded happy about that. I'm also expecting a couple of notifications about deliveries to come today so may need to go tomorrow instead.
I SO need a haircut! It's a 120 km return drive for a haircut. The local hairdresser's salons are small & way too smelly with perms & hair colouring & the one I go to only does cuts.

it is unfortunate you don't have a cut only hairdresser in your local town, the hairdresser I go to in town has been a friend for a long time before she opened her shop, no appointments just sit and wait, nothing fancy just hair cuts and no attempts to sell you products.

Wow, what a long way to go for a haircut! We cut each other's hair. I wonder if G would be good at it? I hope it turned out a good day!

Last edited:
It's natural to feel a little bit of a slump after a lovely gathering like you had with K and her parents. You should be fine today. ;)

it is unfortunate you don't have a cut only hairdresser in your local town, the hairdresser I go to in town has been a friend for a long time before she opened her shop, no appointments just sit and wait, nothing fancy just hair cuts and no attempts to sell you products.
We do now, but I haven't been in to have a cut with her yet. She used to cut my hair eons ago & uses lots of fragrance. She's also a bit of a right-wing, ant-vaxxer & I don't think I would handle listening to her. I wouldn't say I liked how she cut my hair back then. It was always longer than I wanted.
Wow, what a long way to go for a haircut! We cut each other's hair. I wonder if G would be good at it? I hope it turned out a good day!
He did it once during the lockdown, but it worried him a bit. I do his.
I hope you went out and feel better for it. Well enough to feel up to the 120 km haircut trip!
I did feel better LaMa but was really tired when I got home. I'm not sure when I'll tackle the trip to town.
It's natural to feel a little bit of a slump after a lovely gathering like you had with K and her parents. You should be fine today. ;)
That may have had something to do with it, Em. I think K9 is going to come up for another visit before she leaves. She said she might tee it up with R & come up together. I was really tired yesterday but slept for about 8 &1/2 hours & feel much better this morning. It's cold, but sunny today. Yay!

I am quite proud of myself this morning. I spent almost the whole day on my own with G at golf all day & then pool last night. The pantry was restocked with yummy dark chocolate, fresh molasses licorice & other goodies & there are small ice creams in the freezer & I resisted them all. I felt like a glass of wine, but I resisted. Actually, the wine wasn't a risk, but the chocolate & licorice was very tempting. I had an orange :Angel_anim:
Breakfast was one of my favourites- 1/4 avocado & 2 eggs on sourdough rye toast. Yum.
Lunch will be curried lamb (our own) chops & veg
Dinner will be chicken Pho.
There will be 2 dog walks.
There will be Tai Chi.
No alcohol for the month is a given.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were feeling down yesterday. I thought you were referencing rotten weather, so it didn't register. So glad you're feeling better!! It's so wonderful you are really back on track and resisting all the tempting snacks! Breakfast sounds delicious. I tried avocado toast for the first time here, and wow, is it good! I see why it's a thing!! Happy Tai Chi!

I wasn’t feeling down M & I was referencing the weather. 🥰 I did feel really tired when I got back home. I love avocado on toast. It’s just yummy & satisfying. I need to catch up with my Tai Chi instructor as I can’t remember how to do one of my favourites. I’ll Google it/ Warrior guards the mountain”
I took Arch for a 2.26 km walk this morning & he’s pooped!
Time for lunch!

Solid sleep is awesome. One of the good things about the colder, darker time of year. Food sounds delicious as always and tiring out your doggo can't be bad either!

Hope the haircut went well, and glad you are feeling good. So wonderful you are feeling so strong, you can wear out your dog on a walk! Sounds like a great idea getting back in touch with your Tai Chi teacher!!

Hope the haircut went well, and glad you are feeling good. So wonderful you are feeling so strong, you can wear out your dog on a walk! Sounds like a great idea getting back in touch with your Tai Chi teacher!!
Thanks, Marsia & Em. I really enjoyed having the haircut as it was a new hairdresser & he was sweet. He has only been there for 2 weeks, lived in Melbourne for 4 years & is from Southern India. Both his parents are hairdressers in India. We had a lovely chat. I think most customers talk about themselves & their problems, but I was interested in him & his circumstances. We talked about his family & their expectations (trying to find him a suitable wife) & I found it really interesting. I liked the haircut, but today my fringe is pretty wonky. I can fix it I think.
I'm about to head for an ap't with my GP. She has been sick.
G & I had a good day in town. We grabbed some sushi & visited A & M after doing a bit of shopping.
9 hours sleep last night!

Yay for solid sleep and a haircut! I hope you can fix that fringe.

Back