Cate's Diary

Hey there Cate! I don't think I have ever had a brand new car, and have been pretty lucky with the ones I have found that were a couple of years old. Your home does sound like heaven, just isolated enough to be peaceful, but close enough to town for grocery shopping and golf! I am sure the perfect car will come along, taking a bit of a break and relaxing is never a bad thing in my opinion! xo

Oh no, I'd never expect you to keep G from exercising! I meant to let him pamper you a bit as well but my brain didn't brain well..
I didn't think you did mean that. My brain isn't "braining" well at the moment either :svengo:
That's a big difference between the mechanic's estimate and reality :confused:
It sure is. He got our hopes up there..
Hey there Cate! I don't think I have ever had a brand new car, and have been pretty lucky with the ones I have found that were a couple of years old. Your home does sound like heaven, just isolated enough to be peaceful, but close enough to town for grocery shopping and golf! I am sure the perfect car will come along, taking a bit of a break and relaxing is never a bad thing in my opinion! xo
Hi there, Jen. We are lucky to live where we do, but it does necessitate having 2 cars. I'll start looking for a second car properly from now on. I would like to sell the old one. The wreckers would have been best. I don't want strangers coming up here. Our mechanic neighbour says it can sit in his yard for now.

Our mechanic sent G a message last night saying don't hand in the plates as someone is interested in the car but is doing their sums. Who knows? 🤞
Our son also sent a message late afternoon saying he assumed it was bad news about the car & I told him everything up until the late night message. He had offered to pay $2K to have it fixed so should still pay that. Hopefully, he will offer that after he has thought about it.
I had a nice day yesterday & G enjoyed his golf game. I didn't snack on anything at all & had a healthy lunch.

Fingers crossed you'll get a good bit more for it. Sure: it's only money, but life is a lot harder without enough money.

Thanks, Llama (& Vic). Life is harder without enough money, that's for sure. Fingers crossed for sure.
We had a good day again today. We went into town with Arch & did some shopping & took our gear back out to the golf club. I redid mine so it fits in the cart better.

There's a thick frost this morning & I'm rugged up. G's about to go to golf but I'm not going anywhere. I might start my felt hearts project today. I would like to make one each for C's twinnies first as we're staying in a few weeks.
I also would like to start decluttering the garage as it's getting very crowded. It's so cold in there though.
BF was 2 eggs & 1/2 an avocado on GF seeded toast.

Thanks, Liza, Em (& Vic).
I got one heart done & it's sweet. You can tell it's a beginner one though as my stitches are not regular. I cleaned the garage, decluttered paperwork & got some other housework done so it was a good day really. I'm about to head to golf so don't have time to get around the diaries this morning xo

Thanks, Liza, Em (& Vic).
I got one heart done & it's sweet. You can tell it's a beginner one though as my stitches are not regular. I cleaned the garage, decluttered paperwork & got some other housework done so it was a good day really. I'm about to head to golf so don't have time to get around the diaries this morning xo
Oh nice work on cleaning the garage and getting some decluttering done--that always feels so good!
Hope golf was good!
(I bet the heart looks extra sweet with the irregular stitches)

Thanks, Llama, Liza & Em (& Vic) :grouphug:
My golf day was enjoyable as I played with T & K, 2 of my favourites. My golf was fairly awful, but it was wet underfoot & very cold.
P brought along a small suitcase filled with offcuts of wool so there is no excuse now for not making lots of hearts.

Hi Cate! It sounds like you have been keeping busy and doing well, which is wonderful! I'm so glad that you are getting the car sorted! And taking time to be social and 'play' when you feel like it and also have a cozy chill day when you want to, sounds wonderful! I think you heart project is really neat, I really like hearts, I have several heart shaped pillows, like the one Chloe is laying on in my profile picture. Today was the first day of summer here, yet it is cold there with you. I think your cozy weather, doing craft projects sounds better to me! 💕

Glad you were able to get out and golf, I know you like it, and its good for you.

I have never been a golfer, when in college I worked part of a summer at a golf course. Set sprinklers and irrigated from 4 am to 8 am, then raked sand traps until noon. Not the greatest job. Closest I've ever gotten to golfing....

Lovely to have new crafting stash! You could make other little charms as well, maybe golf balls with some of the little divets picked out in single stitches.

Thanks, Llama, Liza & Em (& Vic) :grouphug:
My golf day was enjoyable as I played with T & K, 2 of my favourites. My golf was fairly awful, but it was wet underfoot & very cold.
P brought along a small suitcase filled with offcuts of wool so there is no excuse now for not making lots of hearts.
Glad you had a lovely golf day despite the conditions not being ideal!

Hi Cate! It sounds like you have been keeping busy and doing well, which is wonderful! I'm so glad that you are getting the car sorted! And taking time to be social and 'play' when you feel like it and also have a cozy chill day when you want to, sounds wonderful! I think you heart project is really neat, I really like hearts, I have several heart shaped pillows, like the one Chloe is laying on in my profile picture. Today was the first day of summer here, yet it is cold there with you. I think your cozy weather, doing craft projects sounds better to me! 💕
Thanks, Jen. It has been wet & cold here every day. G & I were going to go into town but the weather is miserable. We'll try for next Monday! I think I will do some hearts today.
Glad you were able to get out and golf, I know you like it, and its good for you.
I have never been a golfer, when in college I worked part of a summer at a golf course. Set sprinklers and irrigated from 4 am to 8 am, then raked sand traps until noon. Not the greatest job. Closest I've ever gotten to golfing....
I do love it, Rob but it's not much fun in this weather. We have had 5 inches of rain this month already.
Lovely to have new crafting stash!
It was sweet of her to pass it on. It had been earmarked for her Mum who died. I will definitely make a heart for P.
You could make other little charms as well, maybe golf balls with some of the little divets picked out in single stitches.
Haha. I'll stick to sewing up pre-cut hearts for now, Llama until I become even faintly proficient at them before I attempt anything too creative. Thanks for your vote of confidence though. I failed year 7 sewing (the only one to do so) as I could sew a straight line.
Glad you had a lovely golf day despite the conditions not being ideal!
Thanks, Liza xo
Nice to get a present of the wool. Happy heart-making!
It was nice, Em. Thank you xo

G & I had planned a trip to the Big Smoke today & the list kept growing. It has been raining steadily all night & is expected all day so we'll stay at home again. We have bulk food shopping to do at a wholesale store, Asian supermarket shopping, we need a new doona cover & a fitted sheet, my glasses need tightening......Oh, well. You can't help the weather.

Just popped in briefly (at 3.10 pm) to say I finished some more hearts & now have enough to give the twinnies a heart each (& one each for Mum to put away when they lose the first ones). They're very cute. I am going to make one to give to P as a thank-you for the wool remnants.
I have had a nice day. It cleared enough for us to take Arch for a walk, G called on our mechanic & he offered us some money for our wrecked car. He's going to fix it up for his grandson. Because we still have it registered, instead of handing in the plates & getting a refund he will get a new battery for our old ute so that we can use it around our land. I saved a little bit by cancelling the insurance on the wrecked car. It's not much but I'm trying to save money where I can. I might look at selling some stuff again.
Anyhow I feel ok about it all. D will pay us some money towards our next car. He was expecting to buy us one so is happy with the arrangement & we're feeling ok about it.

Back