Cate's Diary

Thanks, Liza, Llama & Vic.
I seem to have found my sweet spot with golf. 9 holes pushing a cart around leaves me feeling good the next day. I have no extra pain. If I could do that twice a week it would be ideal.
:) Nice that you got your share of berries before the birds got them all!
I'm hoping the birds eat the berries & leave our walnuts alone. They got the lot last year.

Fantastic that you have found the sweet spot with the golf. Well done Cate.

Thanks, Llama, Em & Liza.
I think the golf shoes I bought in town are a bit big, plus they are just too bright for me. I really don't like white shoes. I wanted black ones & bought white ones as they didn't have any black ones wide enough for me. I'll walk around in the snooker room (carpeted) with them on & see how I feel about them. I do have black Krotens that I think I could get away with wearing on the golf course which are super comfortable. I really hate shopping & bought these shoes quickly instead of walking around the shop in them. Such a big mistake. I shouldn't have any trouble returning them but it will entail a trip to town (120 km return).

Shoe shopping is a pain. Returns are a pain, especially over that distance. Having to return shoes AND find new ones would be a double pain, but still better than wearing uncomfortable shoes when you're walking a lot.

They are definitely too big for me, Llama. I should have been more careful. I'll ring the store tomorrow & let them know & maybe I can get someone else to return them for me. My friend, T works in town a couple of days a week & G is playing golf with her husband & another friend who also lives there on Tuesday. I could get a store credit easily, but would probably rather have a refund. They are staying together tomorrow night as the tournament they are playing in is a few hours drive each way & it's a much better idea than driving before & after the game. I booked them into a pub.

That's too bad about the shoes. I hope it works out to have your friend return them...
It should be fine, Liza. They know us both so it shouldn't be a problem. There isn't even a speck of dust on them.

G has gone away for the night & will enjoy himself. I don't mind a night or 2 on my own. I can choose to watch whatever I like on TV or just leave it off. G always has to watch news & current affairs & I am happy to tune out for an evening. I'll maybe just watch the news.

I have already taken Arch for a walk & am back in my chair with a pot of peppermint tea. I'm not sure what I'll do today. More plant maintenance & general gardening I think.

It wasn't Llama, unfortunately.
I think it's best I come back tomorrow morning & try to explain how my day went.

Thanks, Llama & Liza :grouphug:
I thought everything would look better in the morning & it does. I got 8 hours of sleep, & only woke once to go to the loo. I had Arch curled up right next to me all night.
I was worried about R after a call from him in the morning, asking me for help with something. I rang him back in the afternoon after doing hours of research & let him know that I think he needs to find someone professional who deals with this sort of thing all the time & that I get too overwhelmed because of our personal relationship. He needs an advocate, but one who is detached. He has really good friends who are involved with social welfare in one way or another & they will know of someone or some organisation who will be helpful. He needs to overcome his feelings of shame. No matter how many times I tell him that mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of, he still has trouble letting anyone else know that he needs help.
I do feel much better this morning.
That husband of mine is such a gem. He is only away for one night, but he rang me last night to tell me about his day.
I don't think I'll go anywhere today either but will go for a short drive up the other end of our road to take Arch for a nice walk. I really wish I could walk him around our property without him getting covered in what we call bidgies or buzzies. I can't find their real name. I would love to get rid of them, but it's a herculean task with 50 acres. They are also alongside the road.

For future reference. If anyone goes off searching for info & then comes back to find their post has disappeared, click on refresh & it usually reappears. Phew!

I hope R gets the professional support he deserves and realizes that it's ok to not always be ok and that's nothing to be ashamed of.
I really wish I could walk him around our property without him getting covered in what we call bidgies or buzzies. I can't find their real name.
Are they plant seed pods with microscopic hooks on them that make them stick to clothes and fur?

I rang him back in the afternoon after doing hours of research & let him know that I think he needs to find someone professional who deals with this sort of thing all the time
So good to redirect him to that. Not only will it be less stressful for you but those professional advocates know their way around the system so should be able to navigate it with less stress anyhow.
That husband of mine is such a gem. He is only away for one night, but he rang me last night to tell me about his day.
I love the sound of your relationship always. One in a million I think!
without him getting covered in what we call bidgies or buzzies. I can't find their real name.
i think maybe we call them burs?

Thanks, Llama & Liza :grouphug:
This is the plant- Acaena novae-zelandiae & this is what they look like-
1676410944586.png
They stick to everything & every flower head has a squillion little pieces. Arch gets them on his paws & then chews them off & then they get stuck to his mush & he won't let me get them off...*sigh*

I saw from R's GF FB page that they went on a hike yesterday with their 2 dogs & they both looked so happy. Hopefully, he will find a professional advocate. I can be lots of things for him, but in this instance, he is much better off with someone who knows how the system works.
I love the sound of your relationship always. One in a million I think!
Thanks, Liza. That's sweet.

I'm going out later to play 9 holes of golf with the women today & then will stay for a little while to be sociable as I'm not going to their lunch on Friday.
When I drove down to the highway last night to meet G & bring him home, I asked G's buddy, C if he was going into the golf shop soon(he often does to buy golf balls & vouchers for a social golf group he runs). He asked me why & then volunteered to go in especially to return the shoes for me. He's a darling. It was his partner who gave me my golf clubs. We have made some really good friends through golf.

i think maybe we call them burs?
This is the plant- Acaena novae-zelandiae & this is what they look like-
I think you'd call the seed pods burs regardless of the species. I remember a weeding summer when I'd get a tiny version into my hair sometimes: super annoying!
I saw from R's GF FB page that they went on a hike yesterday with their 2 dogs & they both looked so happy.
❤️ That must've been a balm for your soul. It's good to know your limits and when to send people to the pros.
When I drove down to the highway last night to meet G & bring him home, I asked G's buddy, C if he was going into the golf shop soon(he often does to buy golf balls & vouchers for a social golf group he runs). He asked me why & then volunteered to go in especially to return the shoes for me. He's a darling.
As you sow, so you reap, at least in an ideal world :grouphug:

❤️ That must've been a balm for your soul. It's good to know your limits and when to send people to the pros.
Thanks, Llama. I know that I can't do it all.
As you sow, so you reap, at least in an ideal world :grouphug:
You would hope so. I'm glad I tend to see the good in others, but neither G nor I are good at asking for favours. I knew he would not mind. He really is a lovely guy.

Most people are only good at one of the two: giving OR taking. Guess it would be good for both to learn a little from the other side.

When I drove down to the highway last night to meet G & bring him home, I asked G's buddy, C if he was going into the golf shop soon(he often does to buy golf balls & vouchers for a social golf group he runs). He asked me why & then volunteered to go in especially to return the shoes for me. He's a darling. It was his partner who gave me my golf clubs. We have made some really good friends through golf.
That's nice that worked out so you don't have to make a special trip. Always good to ask! I hate to ask favors too but often people are more than happy to do things like that especially when it isn't super difficult or anything.
I'm going out later to play 9 holes of golf with the women today & then will stay for a little while to be sociable as I'm not going to their lunch on Friday.
I hope you had a nice time with the golf and the socializing!

Back