Cate's Diary

Thanks, Em.
We had a good day with a few good outcomes. I found a pair of golf shoes that fit well & look good. I found the identical glasses frame & have ordered new glasses, we visited A & M & he's doing well, we shopped for ourselves, G's vets' tournament & our social golf group & Arch went with us & had a lovely day. Also, I have been trying to buy some lozenges that really help reduce my reactions to perfumes for 2 months & have been getting worried that I won't be able to get any more. Our local pharmacist has sourced a new supplier & bought me a box of them which he allowed me to buy all of them. Normally they are restricted to 2 packets. He said to let him know when I'm down to my last 2 packets & he'll order me a new box. This is such a relief.
All in all, a very good day. I'm tired but not exhausted & managed to have a day where I didn't have a major reaction. YAY!

I'm tired but not exhausted & managed to have a day where I didn't have a major reaction. YAY!
:party: Great outcome for a day that didn't look good up front.
Our local pharmacist has sourced a new supplier & bought me a box of them which he allowed me to buy all of them. Normally they are restricted to 2 packets. He said to let him know when I'm down to my last 2 packets & he'll order me a new box. This is such a relief.
How lovely! Sure: it's easy profit for him, but it's also very helpful.

Also, I have been trying to buy some lozenges that really help reduce my reactions to perfumes for 2 months & have been getting worried that I won't be able to get any more. Our local pharmacist has sourced a new supplier & bought me a box of them which he allowed me to buy all of them. Normally they are restricted to 2 packets. He said to let him know when I'm down to my last 2 packets & he'll order me a new box. This is such a relief.
oh yes I can imagine what a relief. When you find something that works it would be so stressful to imagine you might not be able to access it any more! So good he would go out of his way to find a new supplier...the beauty of having a local pharmacist that really cares :)

Glad you had a good day all round!

Thanks, Llama & Liza. The day worked out really well & I'm still tired today but OK. There's not much profit in my lozenges, Llama. A box of 6 packets is <$70, but this particular pharmacist does go out of his way to be helpful. He has offered to open an account for me before & said that I could ring & they would bring my scripts outside to me, rather than me having to go into the store where there are many perfumes & other smelly stuff. His FIL owns the business. There are quite a few pharmacists who work there & they are all pleasant & helpful. We're lucky.

He has offered to open an account for me before & said that I could ring & they would bring my scripts outside to me, rather than me having to go into the store where there are many perfumes & other smelly stuff.
That's lovely. Thankfully there's a lot of good people out there

He has offered to open an account for me before & said that I could ring & they would bring my scripts outside to me, rather than me having to go into the store where there are many perfumes & other smelly stuff. His FIL owns the business. There are quite a few pharmacists who work there & they are all pleasant & helpful. We're lucky.
I love places like that. We have businesses like that around here too where they will really go out of their way for people and be so kind and considerate. It just makes life so much better!

I love places like that. We have businesses like that around here too where they will really go out of their way for people and be so kind and considerate. It just makes life so much better!
It sure does, Liza. Businesses like that deserve to be supported.
On that note, I am having my haircut this morning, in our local town, rather than in the city 60 km away that I normally go to. She used to cut my hair decades ago & sold her business. She has reopened & has a walk-in shop now, but you can book. I'm hoping that it doesn't have any strong smells in there. She says it should be ok. 🤞 I have let my hair grow as long as I could so she has something to work with. I want my hair short, but uneven, but also not so thin that my scalp shows too much. G took a photo of Arch curled up against my back in bed & I looked bald :eek: That was after a razor cut. I have lots of hair, but it's quite fine. I hope we can steer clear of anything controversial to talk about as I know she has some very whacky views (anti-vax etc). I really hope I can get a good cut on a regular basis, without having to travel so far each time.
We are meeting up with a friend, K at 12 for lunch & also S & H. It should be nice. S & H travelled with K & her husband years ago & we were all really good friends. It will be great to catch up.

I hope we can steer clear of anything controversial to talk about as I know she has some very whacky views (anti-vax etc).

It can be challenging to have a conversation sometimes without all the conspiracy theories popping into the conversation, especially when the other person is trapped deep inside some of them. I am still scratching my head about a new one I saw in a poultry group yesterday about how chook food imported from America has a chemical in it to deliberately stop chickens laying lol.

Best of luck with the haircut Cate. At least it might be an interesting conversation, if nothing else! ;)
I am so happy with the haircut, Em & will continue to get my hair cut there regularly now. We did have some good conversations, but nothing very controversial.
It can be challenging to have a conversation sometimes without all the conspiracy theories popping into the conversation, especially when the other person is trapped deep inside some of them. I am still scratching my head about a new one I saw in a poultry group yesterday about how chook food imported from America has a chemical in it to deliberately stop chickens laying lol.
That's hilarious, Tru. You wonder where some people are coming from really. Being aware that she has some whacky theories is good as I knew which subjects not to talk about. I actually do like her. I think she knows not to start on religion with me. I'm really pleased I gave her a try. It's so convenient & I am going to try harder to get things done locally, even if they are a little bit more expensive often. It's worth it.

We had a lovely catch-up with our friends & K loved that we made the effort to catch up with her. She gets very lonely. When we left the cafe, which was very noisy, K went home & we went to the pub for one drink & a quiet chat with just S & K. It was a pleasant day.

Great to hear you had a successful haircut with no allergy side effects and no conspiracy trouble as well as a lovely catch-up.

Glad the haircut and conversation there worked out so nicely. Yes-- so good when we can support our local businesses and of course also great for us when we don't need to travel so far for goods and services!
Thanks, Llama. It was a really good day & I feel really good tonight.
so good to hear :)

Thanks, Liza :grouphug:
I had considered going to the market today but it's raining & quite cold. Feb is usually our warmest month, with an average high of only 21oC, but it's only 11oC & I'm sitting here with a rug on my lap. We are not going to light the fire in February! :svengo: We have a cover on the chimney to stop rain from coming down onto the wood heater. So much for Summer. I'm not a big fan of high heat, but a few more days of Summer would be nice.
I love my new haircut. I will hardly have to touch it & it wasn't super flat when I woke. Yay :)

Oh wow, I didn't realise Tasmania doesn't get that hot. That would entice me to visit more than anything. I actually am not a big sun fan. Springtime has begun here and it is just the best weather for my skin and my constitution.

Congrats on a great haircut! I'm sure you look dazzling. :)

We occasionally have a warmer Summer, but not this year. I don't know about dazzling, Em, but I do like my haircut & having a good haircut really lifts my mood. I'm so glad I gave her a try again after all these years.

Yay for a low-maintenance haircut that makes you feel good!
An average high of 21°C sounds wonderful but 11°C is indeed quite chilly for the height of summer!

Yay for a low-maintenance haircut that makes you feel good!
Yay indeed, Llama. A good haircut can really make a difference in how you see yourself.
I must say I agree that not having a really hot summer suits me too, but 11oC is a bit on the chilly side. I have kept my light jacket on all day.
I have had a bit of a lazy day & just did a bit of housework, some reading & not much else. I did attempt a repair job that we both thought was beyond us & I succeeded in fixing a hinge. That gave me a sense of achievement. G was impressed when he got home from golf. Neither of us is very handy in that regard.

Your present summer sounds like the summer we had here last year. Cold and wet throughout and the heat-loving veggies did not do well at all. I too enjoy a cooler summer and way prefer that over those horrendous heat waves we've had in previous years, but yeah it threw me off to have such a cold summer and i was saddened by the lack of beans and tomatoes.
I did attempt a repair job that we both thought was beyond us & I succeeded in fixing a hinge.
oh nice work! I am not at all handy either so I can imagine that extra sense of accomplishment!

Back