Breast Implants

Agreed! I think that if a person looks (in cosmetic surgery) to find happiness or in some way to solve whatever problems/issues she or he has then obviously they are not good candidates.

A reputable doctor will not recommend a procedure on such a person, of course for the one who won't there are 10 who will. A good candidate is someone who is already happy and confident with themselves but has that 'one little thing' they wished could be improved--and can't be improved with natural means.

Like I said, more power to you if you've got the means-money wise-to afford plastic surgery and the mental state to know that it will not magically solve your problems.

and I have to agree with Nicolasd that capitalism is good and drives positive changes in the world economy....I never expected a European to be the one to agree with me though LOL

Hey not all Europeans are stupid! ;)

Great point CCR. If you want them and feel they will improve the quality of your life, then why should anyone ask for someone else's opinion. People are too worried about others that they dont do things for themselves, including improving their lives.

I recently read an exert that stated that 47% of men liked unaltered breasts, compared to 21% who liked em inflated.

To me, boobs are boobs. I prefer a handful, thats all I need.

That's what people SAY. What people DO, those numbers come out completely different.

Exactly, their girlfriends were probably standing there. I don't see anyone shying away from hot women with implants LOL. I would say if you have small, nicely shaped breasts, consider keeping them, but if you have lost a lot of weight or breast fed and you have loose skin, no exercise in the world is going to fix that.

C'mon people, bewbies should unite us, not divide us:)

ccr, we weren't asked to judge anyone in particular. i doubt many here would point at someone they like who got breast implants and say "you suck!"

Although you mentioned no specific person you did however say that they were a bain on our society.

My question is why are they a bain? In what way have they affected you or anyone you know in a negative way?

My girlfriend had a breast enlargement quite some time ago; she wasn't insecure and had no external pressure to enlarge them. She just thought she'd look more proportional with larger breasts and had the available cash.

And for those who want to critise them without bothering to research
1) They look and feel exactly like natural ones
2) There is no visible scar
3) She can breast feed normaly
4) She absolutely loves them

The women you see with zeplin boobs in mens mags would have requested them to look like that, natural shape implants are also available

Breast Implants = doin it wrong + fail at life.

The saddest thing are all the young girls in America whom feel forced to do it.
And yes, you are right (to whomever said that), that you live in the heart of capitalism, but that doesn't mean you have to be a sheep in a herd. Rather be the shepard, leading the sheep into the right path.

Also Above = IMO, I understand there are some legitimate reasons to get implants, however I think it is easily argued, that these account for approximately 0.01% of the surgeries.

And even with the 0.01%, it's not always necessary.

Last edited:
And even with the 0.01%, it's not at all necessary, the reasons are...insecurities. To me, that isn't a good enough reason.

LMAO, I'd love to know where you've pulled those figures from. And of course I'm assuming you've already spoken to many women about why they've had them done?

The majority of women in the Uk and US who have breast enlargement ops are in the 35 -50 age range. Do you think that these women are all little bimbo's getting zeplin t*ts to please the boys? It's more likely that gravity has taken its toll over the years or breast feeding has removed a lot of the 'fullness' from the breast and these women want their old shapes back

You've fallen into that category of people who have taken it upon themselves to judge to the actions and motivation of others

Last edited:
i didn't say breast implants in particular, i said society's attitude towards cosmetic surgery.

Well, you actually said that cosmetic surgery outside of reconstructive work was a bain on society, not society's attitude towards it.
If you'd said that our attitude towards surgery being a path to the body beautiful was a bain then I'd agree

You're right CCR. They look and feel like natural breasts. So many people have them without people actually even knowing. Those women who get them overly large and round, like what you see in magazines and tv, get them like that because it's part of what they have chosen for a job-for lack of a better word-and that is the selling of sex and it's image. And you know what? There's nothing wrong with that IMO. If that's what someone chooses, it doesn't affect me one bit-they're not hurting me or the people I love.

Like I said, it takes a completely secure and mentally stable person to get them knowing how people just hate and judge simply because they don't agree. I don't know why some people use their opinion as a measure of what is right and wrong in society.

To say that "breast implants = doing it wrong + fail at life" only shows how narrow minded and obtuse a person's thinking is. I mean, I'd love to hear how and what they are 'doing wrong' and exactly how they are 'failing at life'?

The concept that it is insecure people getting pressured into cosmetic surgery is just wrong. By far the majority are doing it for the same psychological reasons that people choose to spend a lot of time exercising. Because they want to look better. There are for most no pathologies or lack of self esteem or anything like that involved.

Overall, I actually think I'd classify those I know who got surgery as more succesful at life than average - happy people with a healthy attitude towards getting the most out of their lives.

And honestly, the pevious gf with breast implants I had, I doubt we'd been together if she hadn't had implants. Not that it's a criteria for me or anything, but I'm just not sure she'd be in the "looks range" for me without them. It really was very attractive.

And honestly, the pevious gf with breast implants I had, I doubt we'd been together if she hadn't had implants. Not that it's a criteria for me or anything, but I'm just not sure she'd be in the "looks range" for me without them. It really was very attractive.
:eek:
Aw man, prepare to get flamed to hell :yelrotflmao:

LOL CCR, at least he's being honest! He's saying he's a breast man--I'm not sure she'd like to hear that though!

Not to beat a dead horse but I just think that's it's a personal choice. If people don't believe in it then fine, be without it--doesn't mean you're right doesn't mean you're wrong.

In the end we do what's right for us individually. Personally, I do not shun plastic surgery, or judge the ones who've had it done.

And in conclusion, I would just like to say that breasts are attractive even when they're not very big LOL :yelrotflmao:

Like Roy Rogers once said: "I never met a breast I didn't like."...or something like that:)

..and strangely I've lived in the US all my 32 years and I've yet to meet someone who felt "forced" to get implants WTF?

I'm not a "breast man". You know how it is, a person's looks is determined by many things, face, body, how they present themselves, a lot of factors, and if the sum of those factors are high enough, you're attracted to them. That girl, it was probably her implants that carried it through. I'm just being honest, it's perfectly natural to have standards for how attractive we require our partners to be, we all have that, and that girl I'm just not sure would've passed the bar with only her natural attributes.

And of course a lot of other stuff have to be right too, it's not just about looks, and I'm really a nice guy, inner beauty is important too, and so on and so forth ;)

And my current gf through many years and probably coming wife is all natural, pretty, intelligent and a good person :D

I know girls for whom it was a very sound life decision. Surveys on post op breast implantees show pretty impressive raises in a lot of indicators for life quality. There are real advantages to getting it done.

There are also real risks. Some get their lives downright ruined because of complications. I wouldn't want my gf getting implants for this reason, as I stated earlier in here, the positives just don't outweight the risk for me.

People have to decide on the pros vs cons for themselves. There's a good chance of a nice reward, and a low risk of catastrophe. It's like an inverted lottery.

In my book, if we humans were good at risk evaluation, I don't think I'd view people getting cosmetic surgery as completely psychologically healthy. But the truth is, we suck at risk evaluation. Look at how many people drive without seatbelts, that's a HUGE risk for no benefit at all. Smoking, obesity, unprotected sex, all sorts of weird stuff we do with complete disregard for personal safety.

No. For all I care people can get tattoos, breast implants, or cut of their feet if that's their choice.

What I don't do is look down on people because their risk assesments are different than mine. In my book, driving without a seatbelt is insane. We all face a significant risk of getting into a car accident, and without a seat belt on you're in very serious trouble. That's my risk assesment of seat belts.

I believe that is a wrong conclusion if I based on that believed that people not wearing seat belts have psychological problems, a death wish, or something like that. That's certainly not what's going on in the heads of people not wearing seatbelts.

That's where I believe you're going wrong. You take your risk assesment regarding surgery, assume other people have the same view, and so you have to believe people have psychological problems if they go for cosmetic surgery.

In reality, people's risk assesments are close to arbitrary, and that's why insane decisions to you are completely right for another.

I have no idea where the objective reality lies, and neither does anyone else but the person making the decision. I went skydiving 8 times, there's a 1:50.000 risk of death each jump, each gave me under a minute of freefall fun. Is that insane or enjoying life?

Take the group of people who have had breast implant surgery, and look at the proportion who has died or had complications because of that.

Then take the group of people who drive without seatbelts, and look at the proportion that has died or been injured because of that.

I feel very assured that you'll find that the risks of death or debilitation is far, far higher in the latter group.

I'm also certain that the personal benefits of breast augmentation are much larger than those gained by not wearing a seatbelt.

If the comparison isn't sound, then it's because "having your body cut open and something shoved in it while you are chemically knocked out" is so much more sane than not wearing seatbelts.

I'm sorry my argumentation isn't up to your standards.

I don't believe you're right in your criticism though. I don't know what facts or figures I'm supposed to bring up on something that isn't a hard knowledge subject, and for that matter you're not introducing any either. And the reality we live in is that a lot of people are getting cosmetic surgery done, and the majority of them are getting the results they want and are happy about it, while a few suffer from complications.

With the large number of people getting cosmetic surgery, and my personal experience with both my own albeit small operation and people I know who have had stuff done, I just feel you're not right when you call it a bane on society and claim they're not ok with themselves, making unsound decisions, and doing it because of pressure from society. It sounds more like you're attempting to pressure your opinion on others by attacking their character.

Back