Brandon's Diary

Branc93

Hi everyone!

My stats and some things about myself first.

Height - 170cm
Age - 27
Starting Weight : 135.6kg
Current Weight : 118.9kg
Goal Weight 1 : 100kg
Goal Weight 2 : 85kg
Final Weight Goal : 73-75kg

So, about myself. Where do I begin hehe... at 19 years old I was still very lean and very fit, I was always around 60-62kg. Then at 20 I was diagnosed with severe depression and by 22 I was a massive 110kg. My weight just kept going up until I was 135kg at my heaviest, possibly even a bit more. I changed anti-depressants to reduce weight gain and apetite suppression.

I was getting out of breath just showering and going up 1 floor of stairs. At 27 years old! Last April, 21st something dawned on me and I was filled with motivation. So I started counting calories. I admit at first it was an aggressive calorie deficit, I was eating 1400 Kcal a day and weight was coming off so fast I lost 16kg in 2 months!

Now I'm eating 1,800 Kcal everyday, with 45% Carbs/25% Protein/30% Fat Macros.

Now to the now. I have a severe problem. Since 2 weeks ago I have been stuck in the dreaded 118.7-119.2KG weight bracket. I tried Calorie Cycling with 1,400 Kcal / 2,000 Kcal days. I tried a cheat day with 2,800 Kcal too. But nothing is helping me. I'm very very very stressed and depressed over it! I'm thinking I'm in a weight plateau. I also heard that it can even last 2 months! That would be horrible for me, I'm becoming demotivated...

Anyways any of you have had weight plateaus ? How did you go over them / how long did it took you to get out of them?

Hey Brandon, welcome!
any of you have had weight plateaus ?
A better question might be is there anyone here who has not, LOL! Its just part of the process, don't let it discourage you. And 2 weeks is not a very long plateau. It sounds like you are doing fine, if you can keep it up the plateau will end and you will lose weight.

Best of luck to you!

Welcome to the forum, Brandon. Rob's right: almost everyone plateaus for a while at some point. But if you stick to your calories and exercise the plateau will break at some point. 2 weeks are easily short enough that a bit of water weight could be masking your progress.

Hi, Brandon & welcome to the forum. Rob & LaMa are right. Stick to your 1800 cal plan & the weight will come off. Stressing about it actually makes it worse. We’ll done on your loss so far :)

Hey everyone I appreciate all the replies ^^ They eased my mind. Just to let you know I just weighed myself after a long nap and weighed myself, 117.8kg, almost a kilo down in one go!

A little update : I'm currently at 116.5kg so my weight loss is around 1.1kg a week right now. I'm doing a lot of sacrifices (for example tonight my family is dining out and due to diet I'm not going to go with them. I'm afraid to eat something I don't know the caloric value of). I wish I had a girlfriend or something too, been single for 3 years now, I would get a lot of support from her. As I stand, I live alone with my Yorkie dog, Troy and sometimes life is hard :/

I will keep you updated :)

Update : Weighed myself this morning and I'm at 114.8kg. Getting closer and closer to the 100 mark ^_^

Oh, well done Brandon! SO close!

Back