Bodyweight and Kettlebell Log

Getting ready for finals and working on making the move from Chino to Phoenix, so not much time lately.

12/9
Kettlebell snatches; 50 reps per arm with the 53iber (sets of 5's).

12/10
3 mini sessions; 3 sets of 10 reps of burpees each session.

12/12
Kettlebell clean and push presses; 50 reps per arm with the 53iber (sets of 5's).

12/14

Kettlebell snatches; 60 reps per arm (12 sets of 5).
Kettlebell snatch and overhead squat; 3 sets of 5 reps each arm.

12/15

Burpees; 5 sets of 12 reps.
Handstand push-ups; 5 sets of 5 reps.

12-18

Rock power clean and presses 10 sets of 2 reps.No idea how heavy this rock was but I'm guessing around 120 pounds and cumbersome as hell.

12-20

Kettlebell swings 4 sets of 10 reps per arm (53ib bell)
-alternated with-
Pull-ups 4 sets of 10 reps

12-21

Grease the Groove-
3 sessions, spaced about 2 1/2 hours apart, of handstand push-ups and pistols.1 ladder of 1,2,3,4 reps each session.

12-22

Grease the Groove-
3 sessions, spaced 3 hours apart, of kettlebell snatches with the 44-pounder.Each session was 5 reps of 5 reps per arm and 30-second rest intervals.

Static core work.

Out of curiousity, how's the physique coming along with this dinosaur training? Looks really good and fun...I bet the rock was interesting, I know using the keg always makes for a humbling experience.

I know Dan John has a movement that's like the caber...takes a heavy stone, runs with it, stops, jumps, and throws like you would a caber.

Ev-That rock lifting is awesome.Talk about a posterior chain workout!

Re the physique, I actually noticed an increase in size in my thighs, traps and shoulders in the past three months after recently looking for a suit to attend a wedding.The measurements I use to wear were too tight this time, so I am assuming I am getting a bit bigger.

From all the years of working heavy manual labor jobs in addition to many years of boxing training I have been able to stay relatively trim with a fairly low amount of bodyfat and now that I am not doing either of those activities, I am finding it easy to put on weight.Pretty soon my ass will look like two bulldogs in a bag, fighting.

Back