Binging

Status
Not open for further replies.

April H

I binge most days of the week. I know people say "binging is from being bored, having negatibe emotions, etc, try to find the root of the problem" WELL I cant seem to! Im not really bored cause I have plently to do, ive at balanced all day, ive sorted out my emotions, yet im drawn to the fridge or pantry or freezer, mostly at night, because food is so darn tasty!!!!! I love eating. And i cant keep certain foods out of the houde like sweets because i live with my osrents and they refuse to give it up. I think maybe the reason i binge is cause in the past i havr gone very restricted, so i went crazy and binged most days of the week..the problem is not that im eating a healthy amount of clean food i still have the binging habit and no matter what i try i cant stop..especially with sweets! But even healthier food ill eat till my gut hurts just cause im addicted to eating. Should i talk to a doc or counsellor?? Help! Any tups TO STOP BINGING?????

The foods you are binging on at night, are you completely restricting yourself from them at other times? If so, perhaps you could reintroduce them but in smaller portions? That way you don't feel deprived of these wonderful treats and end up binging at night.

I think a lot of people have the bad habit of late night snacking, perhaps others on here would have other suggestions as well to keep those cravings at bay later in the evenings.

Living with your parents makes it harder to keep the evil treats out of the house. Perhaps you could ask that they keep them out of your reach, like in their own room for example? You would think being that they are your parents they would at least try to work with you on your journey to weight loss and a better life. It would be great if they joined you in eating better, but that is something you cannot control. Perhaps they will agree to keep these sweets and snacks in their room so that you do not have access to it?

Hi April, I have been on this shake for a new weeks now and it has controlled my urge to eat junk food. Like before I had those times where i would "binge" but i dont feel like doing it anymore. mine would come from boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back