Big T & MMW: To Keep Lean & Stay Mean ;)

Well well well, i've been keeping a journal...not on here. But since this forum is much more active i'm going to start it back here. MMW, would be good to see you posting back ;)

UPDATE:

5 1/2 weeks ago i had crept up in weight to be 236.25lbs (the heaviest i've ever been!) Did gain some mass and strength but bf% was way too high for my liking.

I had attempted fat loss diets before and failed, but i was so determined to do it this time.

Today i am weighing in at 219.25lbs which is a 17lb weight loss! I have lost strength and maybe some size BUT i feel/look so much better. (abs are becoming visible now! :D

Target is hopefully to get down to 210lbs, and i don't think i'd like to go much lower than that otherwise i may start looking skinny.

Diet has just been my usual 6-7 high protein meals, but very low carbs, and kcals. I've still allowed for binge eating at the weekend and even getting drunk and still lost fat. I have also been doing between 20-40 minutes cardio most evenings to help.

NEXT...
I want to get down to my desired weight (hopefully the 210lbs) and then i'm going to bulk like a *****er. Not going to overdo it with kcals as i don't want to get fat again!

Current Routine is a 5 days split consisting of Shoulder/Back/Legs/Chest/Arms. However it will be changing very soon.

-Think i've covered everything :jump1::jump1::jump1:

Last edited:
Nice job, Tom! Post pics!

I've sorta hit a plateau, stuck at 219lbs. I'm not dissappointed tbh, i'm actually thinking of bulking back up to 224lbs (ish) but the leanest bulk i can possible do!

I'm steadily increasing calories, not overdoing it on carbs either., and will keep up the cardio. I will try up protein to about 250-300g a day which i hope should help.

I was just sick of my strength loss, and i may only bulk for 8 weeks or so, ill just see how it goes.

I'm excited to get some f**king strength back! I'll start posting workouts again soon enough...

BigT, it is summer time. I vote stay slim and in good shape for the beach, sports and the ladies. Plenty of time for a bulk this winter.

BigT, it is summer time. I vote stay slim and in good shape for the beach, sports and the ladies. Plenty of time for a bulk this winter.

Yea J, i've thought about this mate, but at the moment i'm happy with my bf% i don't look fat at all, i could ideally be a bit leaner but i'm not too bothered yet. Thing is i now know how fast i can drop fat now, so if i feel like i am putting too much fat on i can easily lose it.

I just wanna look good for my holiday at the end of August :D

Cheers mate!

Well my new routine is structured as follows:

Lifting

W/O 1
BB OH Press
Flat/Incline DB Press
Chest Flys
Calf Raises

W/O 2
Deadlifts
Ham Curls
DB/BB Rows
Cable/Machine Rows
Biceps

W/O 3
Flat Bench Press
DB/Machine OH Press
Upright Rows
Lateral Raises
Shrugs

W/O 4
Front Squats/Leg Press
Lunges/ Leg Press
Pullups/Chinups
Triceps

Abs will be after a workout and/or on off days as per usual

Cardio/Fitness

Mondays i play 5 a side football - so its more like HIIT
Days off lifting ill be doing cardio as per usual

-Job Done :D

Last edited:
Yesterday was: W/O 2

Deadlifts
1x20 (143lbs)
2x10 (220lbs)

Nice and light, haven't done them for a while, they felt good.

Seated Ham Curls
4 Sets - supersetted between the deadlifts

Pulldowns
3 sets of 10
1 drop set

BB BOR's
2x15 (121lbs)
1x3 (198lbs)

Think i've got my posture/form on these now, the 198 lift was a bit heavy to keep good form so i stopped. I'll be up to repping 220lbs with these in no time though ;)

Biceps
Supersetted some hammer curls & EZ bar curls to finish off.

-Tonight i'll be doing abs and going for a run

W/O 3:

Flat Bench
2x10 (132lbs)
1x10 (176lbs)
2x4 (220lbs)
DROP SET 1x(242lbs) - 1x(220lbs) - 2x(198lbs) - 2x(176lbs) - 3x(132lbs)

-As you can see, i have lost a LOT of strength. About 9 months ago i was benching 5x5 @ 231lbs. Nowhere near that at the moment.

DB OH Press
2x12 (55lbs) -each arm
1x5 (66lbs) - each arm
Did a couple of light kettlebells also.

Also did some Upright Rows, Shrugs, and some Front Lateral Raises.

-Finshed with 30mins cardio

W/O 4:

Leg Press Supersetted with Static Lunges
1x30 (264lbs) 1x10 (77lbs)
1x20 (352lbs) 1x10 (88lbs)
1x10 (440lbs) 1x8 (99lbs)
1x6 (616lbs)

This was a killer, thought i was going to have heart failure.

Chinups
1x10 (8)
1x10 (5)

Pullups
2x8 (4,4)

Finished with some Tricep work.

Weight: remains at 219lbs

BIG binge at the weekend, since its the world cup. Drunk a LOT on Saturday, and ate a lot of SH1T yesterday.

-Diet back on as usual today, will have to up cals again if i don't gain this week.

-Football tonight (HIIT), no lifting.

What about women?

Haha :D Since you asked g8....

Pulled a few lasses on the night out (just kissed though), nearly got sex but not quite.

Me and my mate went back to this girls house with her mate....we were gonna hammer them both BUT my gf rang asking where i was (crying) telling me to come home......so i had to really. Yes i did the right thing. I am a good boy..

Until next time..

- Played football Monday....lost 5-1 :(

Yesterday was W/O 2:

BB OH Press
2x10 (143lbs)
1x100000000000 (99lbs)

Calf Raises
Various sets of seated & standing machine raises

Flat DB Press
1x20 (88lbs)
1x12 (132lbs)
1x8 (176lbs)
1x7 (176lbs) 1x8 (110lbs) 1x8 (66lbs)

I knew i'd lost a lot of strength on these since i hadn't been doing them for a while. Did better than last week though, ill be pressing the 110lb db's in no time ;)

Chest Flys
2 sets on cables
2 sets on machine

Abs
Few sets of various situps

-No cardio

Yesterday was W/O 2:

Deadlifts
1x20 (143lbs)
2x10 (231lbs)

Felt a bit of pressure on lower back, may have to check form next time. Dont wanna **** my back again!

Seated Ham Curls
4 sets supersetted between deadlifts

Pulldowns
4 Sets

Seated Cable rows
3 Sets

Biceps
Supersetted DB Hammer Curls and EZ Bar Curls (3 sets)

Cardio
Only had time for 10 minutes on the cross trainer - better than nothing

-Cardio session tonight

I don't know if I can get used to your moniker.

I'm sure you can g8 :D

Anyway Johnny - i think you may of been right, a couple of more weeks of cutting won't do any harm lol so thats what i'm doing.

It's a bit shi1t though because i've likely put on a few lbs now, i can definately tell, but will weigh myself tomorrow and start from there to drop again.

I will do a bulk soon enough though, i just don't think i was quite there with my bf% - i think losing strength made me rush in to bulking.

Hey bitch, good to see you're still lifting!

I've lost way too much strength and you'd kick my arse right now so I'd better get abck bulking. Bought 4kg of chicken breasts last night so getting myself armed :D

Hey bitch, good to see you're still lifting!

I've lost way too much strength and you'd kick my arse right now so I'd better get abck bulking. Bought 4kg of chicken breasts last night so getting myself armed :D

Good girl....i wanna see you become a 220lb machine :action10:

Yesterday i did a FBW, i want to save my new routine until i start bulking again - could be a week or 2...

Also had football, we lost 2-1, wankers!!

Back