Weight-Loss Big Money Challenge 4/1-4/30

Weight-Loss

Korrie

Ok, ladies and gentlemen...this is the sign up thread for the big money challenge!!

This is how it works....I will divide you all up into groups as always. BUT there will be only 1 winner, not a group. The winner of the challenge recieves $5 from each participating member of the challenge. Please do not join the challenge if you can't give the $5.

We are running this challenge on a trust basis. Please be honest about your weight loss. It has been decided (w/ input from other members) that only members that have been part of the weight loss forum for a full month as of April 1 may join.

I would like everyone to weigh in (final weigh in) on MAY 1st...not the 2nd or 3rd, if at all possible. If you are going to be on vacation, or what have you during the weigh in day, please dont' sign up.

Also, if you are sick and have to be hospitalized, we cannot count your weight loss. I'm trying to make this as fair as possible.

I think b/c its such a long challenge, we should do the mini challenges too. Just to keep the momentum going. Remember we did those at christmas time? One week will be like, most excersize, then most water, ect. What do you think?

Now, there is another 2 wks till the challenge starts so if anyone has any suggestions or what have you, please speak up!

Last edited:
Naturally, I'm in ;)

I'm in! But, I have a question, I assume you meant we should all weigh in April 1st, not March 1st correct?

Well, both..i meant for the final weigh in. W/ alot of challenges we've had people reporting their loss up to 3 or 4 dys after the challenge. I just dont' want that to happen this time.

So weigh in for the start is on april 1st...weigh in to end the challenge is March 1st.

Ok. I getcha now!! :) One more nagging question for you. Has anyone done the challenge wins by "percentage loss" instead of "pounds loss" ? The reason I ask.. and I"m not sure how much difference this will make, but some of us have a lot less to lose than others. Then there are those crazy men who lose weight like mad!! (No offense Tempest!!) :) Just wondered.. but I do NOT want to complicate things for anyone!!

Yep, its only $5 but if enough people are in, it'll add up to alot of money!

Send it directly to the winner at the end of the challenge :D

Can I get in?

I hope that I can get in on the challenge, I believe on or before April 1 I will have been on the forum for a month.. If not then I wish you all the best of luck.. BTW Newbride a good way to determine if someone has really lost the weight is to let them use their web cam if they have and you can judge the before and after of them, what do you think? I say this because I was on a forum before I got pregnant and had my son, and I did notice that alot of people were losing alot of weight and really super fast, so obviously we didnt believe them.. I know we all have trust here.. Let me know if I can get in on the challenge or not because I plan to do my best in April so that I can meet my half way goal by June..

JM...you've been here long enough, thats fine. I am just more conserned about someone comming across the site and deciding to sign up on the site, just to get the money..u know?

The camera thing might be a good idea, but I can't really do that. Reason being is one, I just dont have the time, lol, sorry...but some people might not have cameras and I can really only tell weight about maybe 20 pds, I mean, if you've lost 7 or 10, 12 pds, I can't really tell, i'm just not that good at it..you know?

We all are a family here and I trust everyone will be honest :D

Im in. Sounds fun...and maybe profitable! So are we doing this by total weight or %? I like the % idea, I know I lose faster than most of you ladies, so it would seem an unfair advantage. If I won, I would want to win fairly. :cool:

i think this is a great idea! i'm in australia though, and so $US5 is about $8 of our dollars so i might give it a miss - best of luck to everyone!

I'm in, too!! :D I really like the % idea :D I don't have a web cam so that part is out for me :D Like the idea of mini challenges too :D

I'd like to join....if you all will have my fat butt back. I needed to head out of weight loss for a bit. I gained, but I'm feeling refreshed and looking to actually lose some weight. I have an idea about the money. Someone well trusted on the board can open a paypal account. We all put our $5 in and then whoever owns the account can send money to whoever the winner is.

oooh....I like the paypal idea, that way everyone could put their money in before hand. If you dont put your money in by a certain time your disqualified. Good idea. :cool:

Back