Bella's diary

Hi, Bella. Are you on my side of the planet( Australia) now? You can pm me if you are. I put on weight in the last year too & it’s sitting very uncomfortably on my body. I am increasing my walking as I heal from an injury. Can you get a walk in during the day sometime?
Hi Cate! I just sent you a message :)
I have to start walking everyday too! I do intend to go for a walk but I wake up way later than before each morning and have to go straight to the computer and work. I have to figure out the mechanism behind getting lazy and try to fix it... Do you have any ideas?
How long do you walk these days?
I hope you recover completely very soon :cheers2:

Hi, Bella. I just read your pm. Maybe one day :)
I walk about 5km every day, but I now have a little dog who is an added incentive. My knee is healing well thank you.
You can start by just walking whenever you can, taking some stairs, instead of the lift etc. It all helps. If you are too busy with work it's hard to fit that in. What we eat & drink is much more important for weight-loss, but walking makes me feel better.

mental strength is indeed a blessing. I feel tired most of the times. I don't even try to care about what I am eating, today I started eating by having junk food and then again more junk food and now a big bowl of ice cream. I wanna tell myself I am strong and that I can change but I don't even do that. I need to do atleast one positive thing for myself in the morning so I would feel less of being a loser.
sometimes flashes of my life before pandemic passes before my eyes, I was alone back then but my mind was strong. I would study productively 10 hours a day without having enough money to eat much, but I had a strong mind. I need my strong mind back.

mental strength is indeed a blessing. I feel tired most of the times. I don't even try to care about what I am eating, today I started eating by having junk food and then again more junk food and now a big bowl of ice cream. I wanna tell myself I am strong and that I can change but I don't even do that. I need to do atleast one positive thing for myself in the morning so I would feel less of being a loser.
sometimes flashes of my life before pandemic passes before my eyes, I was alone back then but my mind was strong. I would study productively 10 hours a day without having enough money to eat much, but I had a strong mind. I need my strong mind back.

Don't give up,you can do this.

You are stronger than you think, Bella & you can do this. You are not a loser. Please try to stop thinking that way. I think we are all worthy of love & self-respect. I could throw every cliche under the sun at you but I really do think you deserve to be looked after, not fed junk food & negative self-talk. Be kind to yourself, hon, please :grouphug:

You are stronger than you think, Bella & you can do this. You are not a loser. Please try to stop thinking that way. I think we are all worthy of love & self-respect. I could throw every cliche under the sun at you but I really do think you deserve to be looked after, not fed junk food & negative self-talk. Be kind to yourself, hon, please :grouphug:
Thank you so much for your kind words dear Cate. You are right, we all deserve to be looked after :grouphug:

April 11th 2021 574

sugar withdrawal symptoms. it is simple, just stay away from sugar. it is simple.
today so far: a bowl of salad (beans, avocado, chicken, lettuce, tomato), lots of coffee, cashew nuts, some water after I woke up
dunno why my water consumption has reduced so much.

April 20th 2021 571
feeling dizzy everyday, it might be because of the stress.
+ point of the day, short yoga stretch

Try to do something nice for yourself every morning, even if it's just some deep breathing, preferably outside. Find yourself a space wherever you are where you can close your eyes for just a few minutes & breathe deeply. If you keep getting dizzy please go see a doctor :grouphug:

As cate suggested, deep breathing is good to spend time doing, even better if it is diaphragmatic breathing which not only helps with staying calm but also help to ensure proper breathing function and starts the process of activating your core muscles required for spine health during everyday activities.

Dizzy is never good and again I agree with cate, go and talk to your doctor.

the network effect

last 10 days been a bad memory of consuming sugar and junk food. why? just because of friends. I find myself not thinking when I'm in a group of friends. that's sad. now the result is my body's allergic reaction to all the sugar and junk food. I wish I could go back in time and say no to all the ice cream, sweets, pizzas, fries, … but I have a feeling that even if I could go back I didn't have a better option. I must have sat down and watched others eating which is not perceived that well.
anyhow, network effect is powerful.

June 2nd 2021 564

I've been fasting for 13 hours so far, going for 18 hours today (until 5 pm).

Started meal-prepping yesterday. It looks good so far, I have boiled eggs, oatmeal, salad, grilled vegetables and grilled salmon ready in the fridge. Tossed out any salad sauces (one had 12 gr of sugar per serving o_O ).

Let's say I need 1700 calories per day and I eat only 700 for seven days. 7*1000 = 7000 approximately what I need to lose 1 kg of fat.
boiled oat 100 gr = 63 calories
grilled salmon 100 gr = 140 calories
grilled broccoli 100 gr = 35 calories
boiled eggs 2 = 156 calories
almonds & walnut = ?
fruits

... Let's say I need 1700 calories per day and I eat only 700 for seven days. 7*1000 = 7000 approximately what I need to lose 1 kg of fat. ...

you'd think, but there are other considerations.
the type of calories and the timing of your meals can both impact that equation.

July 6th 2021

Fasting is going excellent so far. I have managed to fast successfully every day for 16 - 19 hours. When I start eating I would have half a plate of raw fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, ... and the rest is salad, a couple of walnuts, oatmeal, salmon or some other home cooked white meat. reminds me this evening I better go buy some fresh herbs :auto:

July 7th 2021 562 19hr

I feel calm today. Fasting and meal-prepping is going well so far. I just need to practice mindfulness more. If controlling the eating windows is not so difficult, why controlling mindfulness appears to be a bit difficult. to be more present in "my" present.

July 13th 2021 572

Concentration is important. To always be mindful of why we choose to eat healthy.

I need to add more fruits daily. apple stays fresh in the fridge for a long time, what else can I add that has less sugar and more nutrition... maybe frozen berries...

physical activity other than house chores been zero for four days.

Back