sure! I did the 70.3 Ironman event last year in November. All proud of myself i bought the visor. i showed up at the ironman Spin class with it, and man did i ever catch hell. ""You can't wear that visor- you are not an IRONMAN!""

these guys are more hardcore than some guy harrassing you over a Harley shirt.

SO- One of them, Etsuardo, went to the front desk and got a sharpie and blacked out the top half of the logo. He told me i have the bottom half done, the easy part done.

a 70.3 is Ironman, but back in the day, they came out with the "double" which is 140.6, and that event was a major stretch and soon captured the "IRONMAN" label. But- in the 70.3 circuit it is not safe to go around calling those peeps 1/2 ironmen, hahahaha

70.3 = 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run
140.6 = 2.4 swim, 112 bike, and 26.2 run = the equivelent of a major distance event in each of the disciplines. Getter done within "course closure" (typically 17 hours) and you are an Ironman on the books. get it done within 24 hours, and whether the course is closed or not, there WILL BE Ironman athletes their to congradulate you. 24:00:01 and it's ""dang man, that sucks, see ya next event. hahhaha""" At this level of endurance athletics it is ALL about completion, then it's completion without medical tent visit. :)

detailed answer just for you tony- ouy of respect for your avie :eek:

FF

Back