Weight-Loss April 2020 Challenge

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate

Long term member
Here is where we can gather together in one space to do our own personal monthly challenge.
My April challenge to myself is-
to lose at least 1 kg,
to do 2 walks outside every day & do a minimum of 5000 steps every day,
follow 5:2 every week (500 cals 2 days a week & < my TDEE the other 5)
This has been replaced by
eat mindfully & healthily &
to do 20 squats, 3 times a week &
ring a family member or friend every single day.
Edited "diet" & squats :blush5:

Last edited:
My personal physical self-care challenge for April:
  • To get to the second "reward" point on my weight loss chart (I haven't thought up the reward yet!)
  • To do at least one set of tai chi every day.
  • To work on balance and core strengthening every day.
  • As soon as I'm out of isolation, to walk every day, and report in my diary on something seen.
  • To have only two "goes" of starchy carbs a day.
  • To be in bed with lights out by eleven every night - preferably earlier, but I don't want to set unachievable goals.

I am in:
  • Eat well everyday, target 1,200 to 1,300 calories a day.
  • Keep close track of my food, as I have been doing.
  • No bingeing.
  • Regular exercise. Walking, biking, any good exercise will do.
  • Make significant progress towards the 30 BMI mark. For me that's 191 lbs, 15 lbs below where I am now. I doubt I can do all that in April, but it would sure be nice to see it for my 1 year anniversary on May 15. Even getting close would make me happy.
Ok, this is a break from my rule so far of no longer term goals, hope it isn't bad luck.

Thanks for starting this Cate!

Thanks Cate this is great . I will join in . I like all of your goals

mine are :
To lose 4lbs this month
To walk a minimum of 5 days per week , 4km a day which is my just about allowed in our brief exercise remit
To stick to my slimming world plan 90 per cent time . Have a dessert on a sunday
To not allow work to stress me so much
To write here and don’t bite .
To walk around the garden 5 times a day .

April 1
  • Eat well everyday, target 1,200 to 1,300 calories a day. Yes, 1221 calories
  • Keep close track of my food, as I have been doing. Yes
  • No bingeing. Yes!
  • Regular exercise. Walking, biking, any good exercise will do. Both a walk and a short workout.
  • Make significant progress towards the 30 BMI mark. For me that's 191 lbs, 15 lbs below where I am now. I doubt I can do all that in April, but it would sure be nice to see it for my 1 year anniversary on May 15. Even getting close would make me happy. Working on it!

April 1
My April challenge to myself is-
to lose at least 1 kg,
to do 2 walks outside every day & do a minimum of 5000 steps every day, 3 walks, 5024 steps (made it- just!)
follow 5:2 every week (500 cals 2 days a week & < my TDEE the other 5) TDEE
to do 20 squats min. every day & 25
ring a family member or friend every single day. 2 family members

April 2
  • Eat well everyday, target 1,200 to 1,300 calories a day. Yes, 1282 calories
  • No bingeing. Yes!
  • Regular exercise. Walking, biking, any good exercise will do. Yes, same as yesterday, both a walk and a short workout.
  • Make significant progress towards the 30 BMI mark. For me that's 191 lbs, 15 lbs below where I am now. I doubt I can do all that in April, but it would sure be nice to see it for my 1 year anniversary on May 15. Even getting close would make me happy. Working on it!

As I mainly post from my phone I am sorry I can’t give the detail as I be here all day and my eyes are not up for it lol .
Yesterday I did my walk , stuck to my plan . I didn’t do 5 rounds of the garden and I did stress . Room to improve I think .

As I mainly post from my phone I am sorry I can’t give the detail as I be here all day and my eyes are not up for it lol
Matters not how often or how much you post, only that you are in!

April 3
  • Eat well everyday, target 1,200 to 1,300 calories a day. Yes, 1,255 calories
  • No bingeing. Yes!
  • Regular exercise. Walking, biking, any good exercise will do. Yes, same as yesterday, both a walk and a short workout. I did a few extra squats for Cate.

April 4, I think I am ok. My calorie total was 1,333, the highest I have had in a long time, but not bad, though 33 over my goal. Otherwise I am fine.

Doing well with the walking . And not too bad with the plan . A little over eating yesterday. Noting too major . Also doing the squats !!!
Well done all

Amended my April 2020 goals to read "eat mindfully & healthily" instead of 5:2.
Did well with the walking, squats, phone call, eating healthy.
Well done everyone :)

April 6 and I am on track. I exercised but did not get a walk in. The waterline work continued up to about 7:30 pm, it was getting dark and I was too tired to do a walk.

Still walking and loving it . No inroads though on losing that 4lb , a little dip yesterday but was gone again today . I will get there

I see I missed posting yesterday, but am on track! Squats and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back