~Breakfast: Coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and splenda
Special K with berries & nonfat milk

~Snack: Water

~Lunch: Chicken salad w/ low carb ranch dressing and water

~Snack: Carb Safe (Carb & Sugar free) white chocolate bar & water

~Snack: 2 Celery sticks w/ ranch dressing and water
1 Celery stick w/ tbsp peanut butter

~Dinner: Smoked Salmon, green salad, green beans, Diet Rite soda

~Exercises.....Not today! But I dream of being able to once again successfully complete my cardio & continue my crunches w/ the good, old exercise ball!!! :)

Angel's doing great!!!!!

Way to go Angel!!!!!! This is agreat start.....the only complaint I have is just water for a snack ......have a protein bar - they come in a variety of flavours, or a boiled egg - and a glass of water - don't forget - do not starve ...this is the worst thing you can do ...if you feel full you won't feel ripped off......

A great start.....congratulations!

Weezy:p

HI Angel,

congrats on starting your diary - that's a step in the right direction. This way we are able to support and motivate to help you reach your goal. One question - the water you noted as a 'snack' (btw I agree with Weezy) is that all you drank all day?? If so, that's not enough. You should be drinking water throughout the day. Have a water bottle with you at all times - really helps - and make it a goal to fill it x amount of times, depending on the size.

Hello Angel,

how are your plans coming along. Did you start your walking on the tracks? Your eating plan looks really great - do you eat like that all the time? I wish I would be dreamng about cardio and ball exercises - yes I actually own one of them as well...but I keep forgetting :(..

Oh my gosh Lisa...I LOVE using my exercise ball. It gives me such a vigorous workout! It's awesome!!! As for my "eating habits", I totally screwed up this week. I need to get out of the mindset of, "just because I'm working out, it does not give me an excuse to eat pizza". That's my downfall...I LOVE PIZZA!!! :( What's a girl to do?

So, I guess the answer to your question, "Do you eat like that all the time", well...that would be a no! It's really hard to maintain the Atkins diet. As a matter of fact, I am now calling it "The Rich Man's Diet"!!! It gets pretty darn expensive w/ the price of meat, cheese & eggs going up here in Cali.

Anyhow, I hope you're doing better than I, Ms. Lisa!

Have a great day/night!

HEY WEEZY...THANKS FOR THE SOUND ADVICE! I WAS IN TO ALL OF THOSE PROTEIN BARS/ LOW CARB. BARS, BUT I AM JUST SO DARN SICK & TIRED OF PUTTING WHAT TASTES LIKE CARDBOARD IN MY MOUTH! YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN? I WISH THEY'D COME OUT WITH SOMETHING, IN THE FORM OF A TWINKIE THAT HAS ZERO CARBS. HOWEVER, THEY HAVE COME OUT WITH THE ATKINS ICE CREAM WHICH ONLY HAS 3 GRAMS OF CARBS! THAT STUFF IS VERY DELICIOUS!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU WEEZY...HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! :)

Price of protein....

Originally posted by angelfly
Oh my gosh Lisa...I LOVE using my exercise ball. It gives me such a vigorous workout! It's awesome!!! As for my "eating habits", I totally screwed up this week. I need to get out of the mindset of, "just because I'm working out, it does not give me an excuse to eat pizza". That's my downfall...I LOVE PIZZA!!! :( What's a girl to do?

Good morning, it's snowing here in good old Canada ......:mad:

Oh boy can I relate to the "I'm working out so I can eat pizza" thing! We live less than 5 minutes from the best Pizza place in Canada and it's pure hell to drive past and not stop.:confused: :mad:

I'm somewhat fortunate however, that I seem to have an intolerance to gluten, so if I indulge in ordinary pizza, I get feeling extremely rotten. that helps no end in curtailing cravings.;)

So, I guess the answer to your question, "Do you eat like that all the time", well...that would be a no! It's really hard to maintain the Atkins diet. As a matter of fact, I am now calling it "The Rich Man's Diet"!!! It gets pretty darn expensive w/ the price of meat, cheese & eggs going up here in Cali.

And the cost of proteins in Canada (especially if one wants to go organic) is pretty steep. 1 dozen certified organic eggs cost $5.00 (regular eggs are $2.50) ...and it pretty much works out the same cost ratio for everything else - except fish. As long as I pick what's in season, I can get some decent fresh fish for a reasonable price.

What's fish like in CA? I would hope that you'd be able to get that at a fairly reasonable cost, considering that you have a nice ocean not too far away.

Also, what about things like soy based protein, like soy chunks and stuff?

Beans (like Black eyed peas, garbanzos, red kidney beans, white beans and so on) are really good for you and supply protein.

I have some amazing recipes for the "alternate" protein sources, so if you want some, just shout and I'll post.

Cheers

Weezy:D

Attachments

• lou15.jpg
    lou15.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 68
soy protein is not very good, tho. From what I've heard, it's the lowest form of protein and doesn't do a lot of good for your body compared to whey protein, for example. I suppose it's better than carbs, but I wouldn't count that too much as being part of your daily protein intake.

Hey Weezy...From what I hear, soy protein doesn't really do your body justice. I have never really been into the whole "soy" gig. But thanks! :)

Angels diet for 3/20/04

Breakfast~37.5 mg. of phentermine, Hard-boiled egg, Low-carb bread (toasted) with butter, 1 tomato, 1 cup coffee with half & half and splenda

Snack~1 Grande Vanilla Chai (OUCH...MAJOR SCREW-UP), 8 oz. of water

Lunch~Low-carb turkey wrap (from Subway), Diet Rite soda, 8 oz. of water, 1 Atkins choc. covered ice-cream bar (3 grams of carbs.)

Dinner~Chicken breast, salad, green beans, 2 servings of water (8 oz ea)

Snack~Water, water, water

CARDIO~~~SHOPPING!!!

Monday 3/22/04

Breakfast~eggs, bacon, low-carb toast w/ butter, coffee with half & half and splenda.

Snack~2 ricecakes, water

Lunch~chicken salad w/ low-carb ranch dressing, water w/ lemon

snack~high protein zero carb. bar, water, diet rite, 1 piece of extra gum

Dinner~1 breast of seasoned chicken and greenbeans.

Angel, this looks GREAT.......

Monday 3/22/04

Breakfast~eggs, bacon, low-carb toast w/ butter, coffee with half & half and splenda.

Snack~2 ricecakes, water

Lunch~chicken salad w/ low-carb ranch dressing, water w/ lemon

snack~high protein zero carb. bar, water, diet rite, 1 piece of extra gum

Dinner~1 breast of seasoned chicken and greenbeans.

Excellent, you look like you are doing everything right here.

Weezy:cool:

Hey...Thank you Weezy-my-dear! I appreciate the encouragement!!!

3/23/04

Breakfast~1 cup of tea with 2 packets of splenda, 2 thinly sliced pieces of havarti cheese, 2 pieces of low carb bread, 1 whole tomatoe w/ salt

Snack~Atkins bar & sugar free vanilla chai

Lunch~Turkey wrap, water, Atkins endulge chocolate ice cream bar

snack~Beef jerky, water, raw almonds

dinner~crab, fish, brocolli, salad, water & a strawberry pina coloda

Looking better and better.....

Hey...Thank you Weezy-my-dear! I appreciate the encouragement!!!

3/23/04

Breakfast~1 cup of tea with 2 packets of splenda, 2 thinly sliced pieces of havarti cheese, 2 pieces of low carb bread, 1 whole tomatoe w/ salt

Snack~Atkins bar & sugar free vanilla chai

Lunch~Turkey wrap, water, Atkins endulge chocolate ice cream bar

snack~Beef jerky, water, raw almonds

dinner~crab, fish, brocolli, salad, water & a strawberry pina coloda

Angel, aren't those Atkins things just too great? I tried one of the endulge candy bars the other day and, my oh my, whoa!!!!!

Where do you get Beef Jerky? Sounds like a really intriguing snack!

At the rate you're going you're going to lose wieght like mad AND eat like a queen!

Cheers

Weezy (Now jealous over Beef Jerky)

Your sooooo FUNNY Weezy...I love ya....:)You're pretty darn Awesome!

Beef Jerkey...Get it anywhere...supermarket, local convenience store, gas station...wherever it's sold...that's one thing we Atkinettes are "allowed" to have!

The endulge bars aren't so bad. I guess you can adapt to them. You have to try the endulge ice-cream...OH MY YUM< YUM< YUM!!! Try them Weezy...They're GREAT :)

HI Angel,

noticed that I haven't posted here at all yet, but you are doing so great. Your eating plan sounds excellent and those icecream bars sound so tempting...I have to try them some day.
Keep up the good work!!!

HI Angel,

it's been a long time since we heard from you - how is it going? Are you still on track? Hope so as you were doing really great...love to hear from you again

Back