Aliens

Do you believe aliens know of our existance

• No, we are the only life.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • No, but they are out there

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • They have some sort of clue of us - incapable of distant space travel. (like us)

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Yes, but we weren't worth there time.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Yes, and they have visitied us or come in promixity.

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
I believe other life almost defenitely exists, around the high 90's..

Maybe the new advanced giant telescope set for the next decade will indicate that life is closer than we think with the discovery of many earth like planets. :eek:

If Life can spontaneously arise in the right conditions, then imagine how many other worlds could be out there like ours, 10's, hundreds, thousands, millions..... Even if this were by chance the universe allows us for such high figures of improbability.

Whether we're the only ones in our universe/multiverse, either thought is frightening :eek:

yup they exist...If there where aliens on 1 of every 1 billion planets then there would still be millions and millions of aliens ;) Remember reading somewhere that scientists think it takes very very special circumstances for intelligent life to be created. its so crazy how small we are when you think about it.

Last edited:
Surely their must be incredibly intelligent life, thousands maybe millions or years ahead of us. They could be sending messages or signals to others right past our solar system and we wouldnt even know.

i wouldnt want to find intelligent life anyway, not if they were smarter than us - that would be really dangerous :0. Something like the dinosours of something would be pretty awesome :p

Its possible. You could say that they got rid of the dinosours by directing an asteroid to earth and then laid down our seeds, and have been watching us development ever since :p

haha yeah but what created them :confused: I still beleave there is a god tho :) We have no contact and nothing to do with him.

Last edited:
It was just wishfull speculation, i didnt mean to imply that they solve the riddle of life :p

If anyones interested should check out Kaku, he's a legen haha. Just a quick video in relation to the poll.

With how large the universe is, and the hundreds of earth like planets in our galaxy alone that can sustain life, it is impossible for there NOT to be some sort of life form.

It's tough to say... there's no way of knowing.

But, where does the universe end? It doesn't, it's just endless space. It's so hard to imagine that, yet I can't imagine there just being a black wall that cuts it off somewhere either.

So with that being said, all that infinite space, there could very well be other life, other civilizations, so much could be out there but we will never know in our lifetimes.

Thinking about this kind of stuff just makes me realize how tiny we all are in the grand scheme of things. So much we don't know, and never will...

To tell you the truth I dont really care haha

+1. I'll go on about it for hours until even the most interested person tells me to shut up, but honestly, what does it really matter? Does it make any functional difference in our lives as they are now? I would say "no". :)

+1. I'll go on about it for hours until even the most interested person tells me to shut up, but honestly, what does it really matter? Does it make any functional difference in our lives as they are now? I would say "no". :)

How do you know? There may have been a being manipulating your functional thoughts as you typed that above post to keep us all in doubt. :)

Chillen

How do you know? There may have been a being manipulating your functional thoughts as you typed that above post to keep us all in doubt. :)

Chillen

Doesn't matter whether or not I know. If what you say is true, it actually reinforces my point. What difference? If something is able to manipulate my conscious thought or even my actions without my "awareness", then the subjective valuations that form the basis for my decisions are even less valid, and the question of others even less relevant.

A functional difference is not the same as a difference in function. ;)

What does it matter? Because if we knew other life did exist it would be the biggest revolution in the history of our time. We could discover that the universe is plentifull of life and learn the differences and similarities to ourselves which would make us aware of ourselves so much more.

And realworksucks, there is a way of knowing (although we cant at this moment). Scientists dont really believe in the universe anymore - but a multiverse, a megaverse! And to put thinngs into perspective, they think their our about 60 billion plants just in our solar system (so id imagine there would be much more the "hundreds" of earth like planets". And there are billions of other solar systems in our universe, you cant even comprehend how many planets that is, let alone in other universes too :D

Our own universe is expanding, and they believe that we are just one bubble or many other universes, perhaps thousands, millions or billions. And that big bangs could be happening as we speak.

Essentially, scientists, like theists, like to make up stuff that isn't relevant to anything but is founded on wild conjecture that suits their purposes in some way.

wow. That is one of the worst posts i have ever read on the internet.

Clearly you have no idea or understanding of what it is to be a scientist and their work.

Suits their purpose? Maybe instead it is because they are interested and passionate about what they do. Those that study the immune system for example, thats one of the hardest work and they get payed squat, but their achivements have have given millions the gift and quaility of life.

your a disgrace buddy

wow. That is one of the worst posts i have ever read on the internet.

Clearly you have no idea or understanding of what it is to be a scientist and their work.

Suits their purpose? Maybe instead it is because they are interested and passionate about what they do. Those that study the immune system for example, thats one of the hardest work and they get payed squat, but their achivements have have given millions the gift and quaility of life.

your a disgrace buddy

Negative rep for an off-topic post? Lol. XD

Read what you just wrote and see if you can maybe see how many logical errors you have made in arriving at your conclusions. Then see if you can maybe wrap your head around how much you are behaving like one of the religious fundamentalists your kind so despises, right now. If you manage to do that and feel like apologizing afterwards, I'll try not to hold it against you in the future. :)

Or, if you insist on attempting to argue with me, we can do that. But you'll find it an extremely arduous process, as we will have to make numerous side trips to establish the semantics of, and qualify, nearly everything you take on faith and are so quick to resort to hostility to defend. On the plus side, your knowledge of semantics, epistemology, and deductive logic will be vastly improved. What exactly will be in it for me, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
What are you? some sort of sublime sententious old man ;)

Back