Weight-Loss "admit those big sins" challenge

Weight-Loss

Omega

We all know about the really sinful stuff, the chocolate, sweets, cakes, pastries, crisps, high calorie soda...
Stuff that a lot of people allow themselves in moderation - but some of us (like me) find really difficult to resist - and when we do - it can be hard to claim that it is in moderation and appropriate for someone that accepts that their weight is something that they should be working on...

Well I'm going to post about the really sinful stuff that I have here... Hopefully the public accountability will make me think twice before I eat some of the things... If it makes me be a little bit better than I have been it will be worth it.

Join me here if you want to keep an eye on your junk food.

Sunday 26th March I had a 120g bag of yorkie buttons... That is over 600 calories that I should have resisted.

This challenge is really working for me - no chocolate or similar things either Monday 27th March or Tuesday 28th March.
Both days I sat while Rod had chocolate sweets and I didnt have any. :party:

Wednesday 29th was another good day with me resisting chocolate when Rod ate - but I've slipped up already today Thursday 30th and it is still afternoon. I had a bag of crisps as part pf my Tesco's meal deal at lunchtime...

I'm going to have to pull my socks up there - the lunch in total was 650 calories which really is too much if I want to get this done!!! I can feel another challenge coming on...

No more naughty things after the crisps though - even when Rod ate a bag of chocolate at night. I has said that he will try to stop buying chocolate which would be great for him too...

Last edited:
The only naughty thing over the weekend was that on Saturday lunchtime I had a portion of chips with my lamb kofte pita at the Greek restaurant as my main meal on Saturday.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday were free of normal naughty things - but I'm certainly being punished for three bread rolls that I had as my main meal on Thursday... It was pretty naughty to have them......

The only naughty thing that I had over the weekend was that I did gave some of the shared bread when we ate out on Saturday night.
Bread is swiftly turning into a naughty thing for me...

Since then the only naughty things were that we went out for an Indian meal and I had about half a popadom with pickles and a peshwari nan.

I cannot have potato chips in the house. I could eat a whole family size bag for a meal if I get started. My new goal is to not buy so much junk food. If it's not in the house it is unlikely I will make a special trip to the store to buy it.

Keeping junk out of the house is a brilliant move...

A friend came over from Spain this week and brought some lovely Spanish chocolates for us... Rod opened the first box last night and had half... The open half box is sitting here looking at me.......

Restraint at keeping the naughty thing at a controlled level is something to celebrate. :hurray:

I had a good Thursday - I was out all day but took cottages cheese, a spoon, chicken and washed fruit all in a bag which little bottles of water from my allocation out with me and ate that on the go instead of shop bought meal deals which often include bread in one form or another - which always is my downfall...

A Thursday with no naughty things :hurray:

My Friday had a naughty thing....
We visited a friend on her birthday - and she offered us birthday cake... I couldn't resist... I just had a small bit - but was good otherwise...

The value of this thread is that you see that you CAN have even treats like this IN MODERATION...
Some people try to live on little more than lettuce leaves and consider the diet OVER if they succumb to birthday cake or have a meal out with a peshwari nan....

I've been good all week apart from 2 restaurant meals which were not exactly "diet innocent" plus birthday cake and still lost weight this week compared to last Saturday...

I'm pleased with myself. Its after 10pm on Easter Monday - and it looks like I'll manage a chocolate free Easter...

I have sinned a little... I had potatoes and parsnips roasted in the meat juices on both Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.
Not perfect - but not bad at all.

For a wedding and a weekend away over the past week since I last posted - I am pleased with my restraint...
The naughty things were as follows:
- a triangle of pizza
- a party pastry stuffed with cheese at the wedding buffet
- a small thin piece of chocolate - someone broke up an easter egg and it was therefore thin and about the size of a square of chocolate

Monday and Tuesday were good.
Wednesday was abysmal - sandwich, 1.5 small cheese scones, carrot cake
Thursday - 2 pizza triangles

Going to admit my sinful behaviour here...

Yesterday, I had 4 chocolate biscuits... They are 86 calories each...
You could argue that it isn't the end of the world - but it isn't exactly going to help...

Tuesday had no sinful behaviour...

Wednesday was a bit sinful... As part of my lunch I had a tub of ice cream... Things could have been a lot worse... The entire tub was 285 calories and it was labelled "high protein" as it had 19g protein in it. It feels a bit of a stretch to try to convince myself that a tub of ice cream on a hot day was eating healthily.

Nothing naughty so far today...

Back