5x5 Deadlifts!

Putting this in language I understand

Select Count(*)
from FootballFans FF
join People P on P.PeopleID = FF.PeopleID
where P.IQ > P.ShoeSize

No results found

Australia doesn't adhere to the spacetime continuum just cus the cool kids are doing it.

we+sportsed+pretty+hard+_be1187f88986746eb9082b9fb5a5218b.jpg

So, here's the Squat/Wide Grip version of Dips and Deads...

Superset:
Squat/Wide Grip Pull
145x3x6/BWx3x2
165x3x5/BWx3x2
185x3x3/BWx3x2
205x3/BWx2

Military Press
115x5x5

Military Press/Barbell Curl
75x3x9/75x3x5

Barbell Curl
55x3x9

The Squat/Pullup version seemed to work fairly well. I could have gone about 10lbs heaver on all the sets of squats, but not having done this variation before, I wasn't sure how soon I would get fatigued. I probably could have done 3 pulls per set as well, but having a history of not being able to do wide grips very well, I'll take it slow so I don't get discouraged. I wish I had two barbells so I could have supersetted(yeah) all of the military presses and barbell curls, but such it life. Still got it all done in about 40 minutes. Between the Dips/Deads and now this, I think I'll stick with this for a while. Seems like a pretty complete full body session with a bit more emphasis on biceps. Feel free to tell me if I'm forgetting something.

I watch American Football, like most all other American men, but I'm more of a hockey nut than anything.

Then your season has just come to an end... friend of mine was complaining she had too much time on her hands now that there was no hockey to watch.

I'm not a sports fan, but get seriously desperate for my MIL to send the next recording of American Ninja Warrior...

Much of the nights of my sons first four months have been him and I watching hockey on the couch. He gets memorized by the fast players on the white background. It's made me love hockey that much more.

Classic thing with children and what is safe for them to watch. First year having my son, no effect at all was just a sound and light show for him, as he became aware that had to stop, now we are able to show him more as he gets older.
My brother has been told by his wife he is not going to be allowed to watch football in the house when they have children. When not doing this he is an intelligent and decent human being, game comes on he becomes a genuinely scary a hole. When his wife saw the way my son became scared from the next room she said he would have to watch these at the pub when they had children.
I never understand that sort of thing. When I was involved in my main competitive sport it was literally life and death but mine not those watching. I still say what I did must have been one of the most boring sports in the world to watch but there were plenty who travelled distances to watch.

I get into my sports, but with the kids around, my infant son now especially, I don't yell at the tv and throw fits like some guys do. My girls do, however, like to mock me and walk around saying "C'MON MAN!" because that's my go-to saying for something sports related that I don't like. It's quite cute actually. When I'm doing something and something messes up and one them happens to be around they say "C'MON MAN!". A good example was a week ago I opened the refrigerator door and the light blew and my 8 year old was sitting at the table and she yelled "C'MON MAN!". I couldn't help but laugh about it.

So, I'm pretty sure I strained an abdominal muscle Saturday. I'll get to that in a minute..

Dips/Wide Grip Pulls
BWx6x6/BWx6x3
Incline Push Ups
3x6
Hammer Curls
50x3x12

With the exception of the hammer curls, I did all body weight stuff last night. Saturday, I was outside working all day, yard work, pool work, moving stuff, things like that. After I was done I came in and hopped in the shower. Shortly after I got in, Kara threw my son in with me because he needed to be washed up. I was using a small cup to rinse his hair and dropped it, so I bent over backwards while picking up the cup with my foot and suddenly felt this sharp burning on my lower abdominal region. Ever since then, the muscle has been twitchy and tender to the touch. I didn't want to use any weight last night to see how I would feel, and I got in a couple good ab stretches hanging from my power tower, and iced my stomach up when I was done. It's not agonizing pain, just annoying. Guess I'll have to stay away from my squats and deads for a couple weeks. I swear, if it's not one thing with me, it's another.

It's always the safe stuff where we harm ourselves most. When we train doing insanely risky things we are ready for disaster, showering the little one and we get complacent.
Get well soon.

I've never hurt myself deadlifting a heavy weight, but I did tear my rectus femoris bending over to pick up a piece of paper once.

Well, I've been out for two weeks. Last week I was on vacation and this week I finally had enough and quit my job. I couldn't take anymore of that drug abusing a**hole I worked for. I got a new job offer for more money within 24 hours. It seems like a good place. No more 10\11 hour days with no lunch breaks. No more being belittled and talked down to daily. I also go in an hour later(8), so I'm going to try to get back into training in the morning like I used to years ago.

Haven't trained since the 23 of June because of my stomach. It was pretty bad at the beginning of last week, but feels 100% now. Still not going to jump into anything crazy though. I'd hate to set myself back.

The saying is always darkest before the dawn, this in itself is total bull of course but the meaning shows your time recently.
In fairness I was gradually coming to hate where I was prior to getting my current role. Went to a job working purely to my strengths in a company that appreciates that to do my job properly I need to be told what is required in detail and that changing the details means delays and isn't my fault. They don't like the delays of course and the words 'Sorry we know you gave us what we asked for' are always followed by 'but we need this urgently. How long will it take.' But I don't mind that, it's part of working life.
The team here is brilliant. Our team were the 'obvious' choice to me moved a few hundred yards down the road when head office started running out of space. Standard situation is if we are having a conversation that isn't work related that shouldn't have you marched to HR in any respectable company you are probably in the wrong office. We have all male team and more flirting than you would see in a condom commercial office, which is very bizarre among purely hetero men and totally hilarious. Insecurities and inadequacies are abused relentlessly by others and ourselves, which means the times we are just solidly working, which are most of it, seem to pass so much faster.

Break yourself back in properly. I hate moderation but it has its place and you are at it.

Good to have you back anyway, you were missed.

Break yourself back in properly. I hate moderation but it has its place and you are at it.

Good to have you back anyway, you were missed.

I'll second this. I'm glad you are back, and really hope the new job is a better and healthier situation for you.

Thanks! It was a much needed time of "clarification" for me. The job I had prior to the one that I just quit was perfect, up until the end. I had a great schedule, a good work routine, a great training routine, then it all started going down hill when we moved and our contract went out for bid, then I got smooth talked into the job that I just left and from there everything spiraled to the seventh circle of hell. My training was a mess, my home life was a mess, I gained some weight, I was getting headaches daily and I was just miserable all the time. People say to "just forget about it when you get home at night", but they are usually the people who are happy in life. You can't just "forget" having an abusive addict of a boss who runs you into the ground 5 days a week and tells you that you're useless every day. You can't just turn that off when you get home at night. You know that you'll be right back there tomorrow. I've been pumping myself full of St.Johns Wort for months trying to fight off depression, and it just wasn't working any more. Hopefully, my new position will be my "karmic reward" for putting up with all the terrible things that I have over the last 9 months.

And yes, as much as I hate moderation as well, it will have to be my friend for a while.

Having hurt myself again, I will be lucky to manage moderation for a while now.
It appears I must step away from the max deadlift for a while.

Sorry for the leave of absence again. Getting acclimated to my new job which involves a ton of walking. I work less hours, but I am also outside a lot. Still haven't trained yet. Stomach felt a little "tweaky" last weekend when I was doing yard work. My new hours are 8-5 though, so this should give me the opportunity to train in the morning like I used to, which I am excited about. Trying to train at night between taking care of the kids and get ready for the next day is a pain.

It takes time to get over a stressful experience and it sounds as if you last job had become hellish. Even a new better situation is stressful, but I certainly hopes this proves to be a good move for you. Give yourself time, then when you are ready, you will make a strong comeback. Good to hear from you no matter what.

Back