Weight-Loss 5-a-day food challenge

Weight-Loss
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday all got my 5-a-day and then some... Doing quite well with it - including quite a few veg :)

For the past week I've managed this really well. I've been eating more bought salads and trying different products... For instance on Saturday I tried a mock couscous made from cauliflower, carrot and beetroot - all grated up... (Tescos)... I cannot say that I was impressed or plan on having it again - but I tried it and ate it all and that is the main thing...

Working on today's 5-a-day...
I had a quorn spiced chickpea and lentil bowl that has to surely count towards this...

For my portion of tonight's meal I have put in:
1.5 onions
0.5 red pepper
0.5 yellow pepper
1 courgette

supper
1 banana
1 pear

Last edited:
Things have gone ok on my 5-a-day since I last posted. Hot weather is great as we just want to eat salad with protein.

I had 1 banana and 1 pear each day

Wednesday
at lunchtime there was onions, pepper and courgette as there were some left overs from previous batch
at evening we had tomato, cucumber and red onion

Thursday
lunchtime was salad with tomatoes and cucumber
evening was salad with tomatoes, cucumber and red onion.

Friday
lunchtime had nothing to count for this
evening was a cooked meal which included onions, red pepper, green pepper and courgette. Also the jar of sauce was labelled that each portion contained one of 5-a-day

I'm not great at posting things yet....

Saturday
lunchtime: tomato, cucumber and red onion
evening: quorn "fish" (which is a vegetarian protein so might count) and baked beans
a banana and a pear

Sunday
lunchtime: tomato, cucumber and onion
evening: baked beans
a pear

Monday
lunchtime: 0
evening: baked beans
2 pears

Monday was a fail mainly because we ran out of salad... We get our new grocery deliveries on a Tuesday and have ordered more for next week...
The warm weather a few days earlier upset the calculations as we wanted salads for both lunch and evening some days...

I've been ok every day since I last posted as I have had a minimum of 1 salad a day.
Each salad contains cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, red onion and beetroot... Sometimes peppers too....

Yesterday (Monday) was my first fail in ages...
Weetabix
Weetabix
Roast pork, potatoes, carrots, red onion, apple sauce...

Do you have the beetroot cooked/raw/marinated? I quite like it but find it kind of hard to combine.

Ah ok, that does sound good. I can only get steamed OR pickled and it always ends up being limp.

chili (again...!)
onion
black beans
red kidney beans

13 strawberries
1 orange

Back