377lb to 215lb

Thank you all so much for the lovely responses!
smile.gif

It's so wonderful to get little reminders of how helpful my journey has been for some people. It's all I can hope for to help inspire and motivate others to fix what's broken in their lives, as they say on the Biggest Loser.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ithfifi

Thats truely inspiring, Theres a sparkle in your eyes in the newest pick that makes it seem unreal from the SW picture; That must surely come with the proudness you must feel from seeing all your hard work pay off! :)

:biggrin:

Certainly a lot more to smile about nowadays, Ithfifi! It's great to see results, for sure!
smile.gif

Thanks for the nice comment!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SparkErosion

Frogged, hope your doing well.I'm still inspired by you and your positive attitude! Keep it up and remember how awesome you are! And trust me I know how it is to feel self concios and ackward around women! Best wishes from your friend kevin

Heya Kev!

Yeah, everything is going pretty good! I still have some rough days here and there, but I just keep on going as usual
smile.gif

I can definitely be described as 'shy and quiet' around women still, but it's improving! I'm getting better at maintaining eye contact (usually), and just today I even complimented someone on her shoes (they were bright pink), haha :p

Thanks for the well wishes, Kev! Hope everything is going good in your part of the world as well!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by astronomydomine

Champion. That is all. Inside and out. You look fantastic and you certainly deserve it, you've worked so hard and come so far. :)

-Sarah

Well thank you, Sarah!
smile.gif

I hope to go even further as the months go by! I've still got a significant amount of weight to lose, and I'll get there! Soon, the NY pics will fall into the 'Before' section too! haha :biggrin:

I'll try not to get too thin, but I'm certainly not finished yet.
smile.gif

Thanks for the post, Sarah!

Originally Posted by musicalgirl

Thank you so much for having the courage to post your story. It really touched me. I'm so glad you were able to overcome and triumph over your past. You have such strength and courage. :hurray:

I've lost 40 pounds, but still have 80 to go, and it's easy to feel overwhelmed. Stories like yours help me feel grounded and determined! Thanks!

P.S. You look FANTASTIC! I saw your after photos and did one of these ----> :eek: I'm hoping I have a super hottie under all this fat, too! You look like a different person!!

Hi musical!
smile.gif

Honestly, it was really scary for me to start this thread. I've never been one to open up and put myself out there like that, especially on the internet and to complete strangers. However, it's been a decision that I haven't regretted once! I've read so many positive responses where it's helped push others to succeed and/or get back on track. I've also met some truly amazing people and established some incredible friendships!

Suffice to say, I've never had too many friends growing up as I kept myself pretty confined. My only interaction was through online video games, but even then, I didn't really reveal too many details about myself.

Anyway, all that has changed now! :biggrin:

Congrats on your 40lb loss, musical! That's phenomenal! :hurray: You're well on your way!!

hehe, and thank you for the lovely words about my photos! You wouldn't think it with all the pics I've put up here over the last year, but I'm still pretty shy about uploading myself. I put that feeling aside though if I can find good pictures to really show the difference between how I was then and how I am now.

I'll post more as I continue on though! I can't wait to get into the 160's! :biggrin: hehe

Thank you all again for the wonderful comments! I really appreciate it and it just reinforces my focus!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Frogged

Nice, nlguy! 7 days a week is pretty intense for sure. If you feel the need to rest, please make sure you do. To be honest, sometimes I have trouble listening to myself some days, but you really have to in order to avoid injury.

I know exactly what you mean about looking fine clothed, but when nude.. yeah, not so much. I dread having that conversation with any future women I meet - especially if they have no experience with someone who used to be overweight and/or no idea how it can effect the human body. Let's be honest: it looks scary. Like a mutant, just without the super powers (lol).

Seriously though, it is a big hurdle for those of us who have lost significant weight. There are options, of course, but I know I'll never have a 'normal' looking body. Even if/when I get contour surgery and all the excess skin is removed and tightened, I'll still have scarring from that as well as the stretch marks.

So, yeah. Just have to take it one day at a time and hope for the best I guess.

Originally Posted by nlguy

My main problem now is that I look great when I am clothed but not so much naked. Especially when I have a new girlfriend I need to explain my whole story first, to not freak her out. I will see if I can even find any fat pictures of myself. I did not like when people wanted to take pictures of me.

Guy's I totally understand where you are coming from, I also have loose skin & stretch marks, I also sometimes think about how I will never have a "normal" looking body.

The only thing I can say to you is that...

Any person that we get involved with in the future is gonna have to accept us and our bodies for what they are (whether it be loose skin or the scarring after surgery) and to be honest I would rather be with someone who is going to be happy and applaud me for losing so much weight rather than ridicule me for the excess skin/stretch marks or scarring that I may have, believe me guy's It will take a very special person to really understand what we have been through but they will come along and love us and our imperfections :biggrin:

I know that if I was to meet a guy that has loose skin or scarring, It wouldn't bother me at all, but then I am not a shallow person and as corny as it may sound, I really do care more about what is inside than out.

Unfortunately we are likely to face someone that is going to look and think "ew" but then that is their loss haha

I can add yet another reason to love this site...people really do understand what you are up against.

I've not met anyone with loose skin but I will be sure to let you know of any procedures that give the best and most "normal" looking results.

Well done everyone :hurray: whether you have lost 1lb or 100lbs We are all awesome and should be very proud of each other.

-Minimee

I can relate to that too definitely...although I guess mine isn't all bad as (sometimes) I think it is.

I think it may be tighening up somewhat. Something I noticed was the loose skin on the chest, oddly enough, covers alot of the abdomen definition. As soon as I lift that up, things are more visible. I don't mean to sound vane or anything, it's just for some stupid reason, having a "six pack" was my goal...and although I wish I never chose that goal (as it did more mental harm than good, but I'm happy most of the time now, would much rather be thinner than fatter, it was effecting my breathing, health in numberous bad ways) now that I've achieved it ...it's hard to accept. Its almost like I can't accept my new body.

It's a strange feeling, probably the feeling many of that still feel "fat" after they lost so much. I wish I could keep my head up and stay as postive as you Frogged, you're an inspiration. That's my problem, I'm too hard and negaive, self critical on myself, and people hate that, it makes me very depressed, and drives everyone else away, including my friends.

But I'm working on it. I like your new avatar Frogged. That helmet reminds of me you, being a hero for what you did. You truly are a hero. Inside and out, like others have said. You are such a caring, compassionate person, and you look fantastic now. Well done.

Cheers to my friend Frogged!
Kevin

Originally Posted by minimee

Guy's I totally understand where you are coming from, I also have loose skin & stretch marks, I also sometimes think about how I will never have a "normal" looking body.

The only thing I can say to you is that...

Any person that we get involved with in the future is gonna have to accept us and our bodies for what they are (whether it be loose skin or the scarring after surgery) and to be honest I would rather be with someone who is going to be happy and applaud me for losing so much weight rather than ridicule me for the excess skin/stretch marks or scarring that I may have, believe me guy's It will take a very special person to really understand what we have been through but they will come along and love us and our imperfections :biggrin:

I know that if I was to meet a guy that has loose skin or scarring, It wouldn't bother me at all, but then I am not a shallow person and as corny as it may sound, I really do care more about what is inside than out.

Unfortunately we are likely to face someone that is going to look and think "ew" but then that is their loss haha
smile.gif

I can add yet another reason to love this site...people really do understand what you are up against.

I've not met anyone with loose skin but I will be sure to let you know of any procedures that give the best and most "normal" looking results.

Well done everyone :hurray: whether you have lost 1lb or 100lbs We are all awesome and should be very proud of each other.

-Minimee

Hi mini! :)

I know. It's just difficult to accept that fact when my body has accumulated so much damage over the years. It will take a very special person. It's one of those situations where the only way someone can truly understand what you went through is if they want through it themselves. Sharing that common bond can really connect you to someone and create a much deeper relationship than most others. That may be one of the few upsides to growing up this way because it certainly didn't provide much benefit in most other areas of my life.

People on this website are fantastic. We may not know the exact particulars of why you gained weight, but we can definitely relate to your feelings of being overweight and wanting to change for the better. It can be done.

Any weight loss should be celebrated as well! It only brings you that much closer to your goal and to a better life :)

I am proud and grateful to be amongst such wonderful and compassionate people! :)

Thanks for your wonderful support, mini! :)

I can relate to that too definitely...although I guess mine isn't all bad as (sometimes) I think it is.

I think it may be tighening up somewhat. Something I noticed was the loose skin on the chest, oddly enough, covers alot of the abdomen definition. As soon as I lift that up, things are more visible. I don't mean to sound vane or anything, it's just for some stupid reason, having a "six pack" was my goal...and although I wish I never chose that goal (as it did more mental harm than good, but I'm happy most of the time now, would much rather be thinner than fatter, it was effecting my breathing, health in numberous bad ways) now that I've achieved it ...it's hard to accept. Its almost like I can't accept my new body.

It's a strange feeling, probably the feeling many of that still feel "fat" after they lost so much. I wish I could keep my head up and stay as postive as you Frogged, you're an inspiration. That's my problem, I'm too hard and negaive, self critical on myself, and people hate that, it makes me very depressed, and drives everyone else away, including my friends.

But I'm working on it. I like your new avatar Frogged. That helmet reminds of me you, being a hero for what you did. You truly are a hero. Inside and out, like others have said. You are such a caring, compassionate person, and you look fantastic now. Well done.

Cheers to my friend Frogged!
Kevin

Heya Kev :)

I know what you mean about not wanting to sound vane. Don't worry, you're not. You've done so much hard work to achieve what you want in life, it's ok to talk about yourself in a positive light. It may seem foreign to many of us who grew up thinking we don't deserve that kind of thing, but trust me, you do.

That "fat" feeling is something I still struggle with, for sure. It doesn't help that I can manage to put on 10+ pounds of water weight on myself with a single day of lax eating. I can actually feel my belly protruding more than usual and my pants fit much snugger than before. It's crazy how quickly the body can adapt and change to certain things.

As far as an inspiration, you have been one of mine, Kev! I appreciate your kind words, but there's been so many elements involved with my success, and your story had certainly been one of them! :) This entire forum is just bursting with motivation and inspiration.

Also, don't be too hard on yourself. I'm the same exact way. In fact, I just recently posted some things in my diary to that affect. I'm in a bit of a rough patch right now trying to balance out my regimen due to some over-training, but I'm getting there. It's a struggle every day, but I always do my best to remain as positive as I can. I guess some of my insecurities are just another drawback from how we grew up.. believing we were not good enough for the basic pleasures in life (relationships, friendships, etc) because of our weight. It sucks, but at least now we're accomplishing our goals and entering a new stage in life where we can come to terms with those feelings and find those elements in life that we were missing out on.

Thank you for the compliments on my avatar :) It was drawn by someone very special to me :) She has drawn a few of me actually and I cherish each one.

I don't consider myself a hero. I think of myself as another soldier in this struggle to fix what's broken. I'm nothing special. I just hope in the end that I can show everyone that great things can be accomplished with just some perseverance and support. If there's any advice I can offer, it's just to not give up. Even if the results you want don't come as soon as you expected, they will.. as long as you keep going!

I think it's safe to say I have more bad days than good, but I don't stop. I continue my exercise and do my best to monitor my food intake. It works and eventually conforms into a maintainable lifestyle.

Anyway, Kev. I always appreciate your wonderful support and comments :) I trust you're doing well and will continue to do so :)

How did I miss this!

Well, obviously you know what I think about your journey already! And I still stand by what I said - I genuinely think you're hot as hell!

You don't have much further to go to reach your final goal, you little progress-monkey! We're all behind you!

Dude you did so well. I am so happy you overcame what you had to go through. Ghandi once said be the change you wanna see in the world. This is a principle I live by but I came up with another part and that is "be the change you want to see in your life". You my friend truly are an example of both. You were the change you needed in your life. And just by showing people what you can achieve you are a change in the world. So many men want to do great things but few ever try. You tried and succeded. I am proud of you :)

I'm going to get internet next month for sure, I need to get internet to help out others more. A cell phone data plan doesn't cut it. :(

Originally Posted by ryansonebelt

Dude you did so well. I am so happy you overcame what you had to go through. Ghandi once said be the change you wanna see in the world. This is a principle I live by but I came up with another part and that is "be the change you want to see in your life". You my friend truly are an example of both. You were the change you needed in your life. And just by showing people what you can achieve you are a change in the world. So many men want to do great things but few ever try. You tried and succeded. I am proud of you :)

I really don't know what to say to such a kind comment, Ryan :)

For sure though, one of the greatest feelings I get from this whole experience is seeing the beneficial impact it can have on others wanting to fix what's broken in their lives. To give them encouragement, no matter how significant, to take charge and realize that there is a better way to live is something I always strive for :)

Thank you again for your wonderful words, Ryan! It really means a lot and it never fails to make me want to push farther and do better in every aspect of this journey :)

I'm going to get internet next month for sure, I need to get internet to help out others more. A cell phone data plan doesn't cut it. :(

Heya Kev!

I hope you get it all sorted out soon and get yourself back on here asap! :)

You've tackled so many obstacles already in life - access to reliable internet is a rather insignificant ordeal for you to deal with in my humble opinion :p

Nice to hear from ya, bud :) Internet issues aside, I hope all is well in your part of the world :)

OK, so when's your book coming out? Your story is amazing and very moving! Stunning, just stunning!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Book? :p

Well, haven't really thought of doing anything like that atm. Still a bit too focused on reaching my goals, but it's something to think about for sure :) I am going to try my hand at entering the People Magazine's 'Half Their Size' segment when it comes out next year, so stay tuned for that I guess :)

Thank you for the lovely comments, Uwi and sunshine :) I always appreciate them and I hope to continue to inspire as best I can! :)

Wow Frogged thank you so much for sharing just read the first post so very sorry to hear of what you have been through and want to say how amazing you have done! That took a huge amount of courage and fight you look fantastic and are an inspiration hugs Anne

I loooove the fact that from the bottom pic up you can just seeing the confidence growing in your face! good job!

Back