30lbs in 3 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iagtbtgm10

I’m 18yo, 176cm(around 5’9). Long story short I have been chubby my whole life, there was one point in 2016 where I was in a better shape but to be honest I don’t know how I managed to get in it. Now let’s get to the straight point. Some personal stuff happened in the end of 2016/beginning of 2017 that put me in a really bad place in my life. I started gainging weight and never realized how fat I was getting. Short before the beginning of the summer I was 93kg(205lbs). I decided to get a gym membership and dropped to 89kg196lbs) for a month then went to a holiday with my family and never joined the gym back. I tried getting back to the gym multiple times but it never worked out. By the end of February 2019 I was 113kg(250lbs). I never realized how fat I had gotten. I decided to get things in hands and started working out and eating healthy, I had some ups and downs, lost weight then gained it and currently I’m 95kg(210lbs). I told myself the begging of 2020 that it’s going to be my year and my goal for this summer is to go from 95kg to 82kg(180lbs). I have my workout and diet plans setup, 4 times in the gym per week, the rest 3 days I’m going to run every morning (around 6 miles) + walking through the day and a diet plan with 1700-1800cal intake per day. What I want to know is do you think it’s possible. I know a lot of people will tell me it’s gonna be unhealty or that I’m going to gain the weight back but that’s not what I want to know. Do you think it’s possible to lose 30lbs in 3 months with strictly working out and eating healthy? Also if someone has managed to do it or has managed to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time feel free to share your story!

that rate of loss is certainly achievable, it works out to be around 2.5 lb per week, however, diet will have the most impact on your fat loss. The exercise is great and needed for general health however no amount of exercise will overcome a poor diet.

I would suggest you start a thread in the diary section to keep track of food and exercise, and where you will receive support from other members who are going though the same weight loss journey.

I agree that it can be done - although it will be hard work and it WILL be hard to keep the weight off afterwards but it always is - and 1800 kcal/day would give you enough room to get some proper nutrition in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back