20 or under years old.

hiya everyone im new too! im rach 17 from england. iv just started slimfast but struggling. its nice to have support so hopefullyI will see this through! If anyone has msn and wants to chat id love to?!
xxx

Hate to admit it--But I'm 19 too.

I tried slimfast too a few months ago but i wouldn't reccomend it. You feel hungry constantly and can't really take your mind off of it. Plus when you go off it (because you have to) you gain the weight you lost back, even if you eat healthy.

Here's hoping to lose some weight when I get home!

-N-

I wish I'd noticed this thread earlier! My names Ella and I'm Eighteen. I also live in London. I'm 5'5" and a British size ten now. About nine weeks ago I was a twelve so something must be working! I admit I had a bit of a panic the other week when it was so hot and lets just say I'm not exactly ready for my bikini! But then England being England it got freezing again and I'm starting to relax.

Ideally I'd like to be around 8 stone 11 lbs(around 125lbs I think...?) and I'm currently 9 stone 8lbs (136lbs)- (when I started I was eleven stone!). I just can't seem to shift these last few pounds! Anyway, it's reassuring to see so many young people feel the same way I do. And I really hope everyone reaches the goals they've set themselves.

Hey guys
im Laura 18 at the mo, 19 in a few months.
I am 5"6
started training about 3 weeks ago and have toned up mainly. lost 6lb though.
Since January i have losta stone and a half. i am currently 178lb and aiming for 140lb.
not being at school helps now as all i got was stick for my size.

*BUMP*

So this morning I weighed in at 170.4 and was excited about being in the 160s club by tomorrow, but doesn't look like that's going to happen since I caved in today and bought a hamburger and fries at a restaurant!! Oh well, I'm not feeling too bad since I haven't eaten a single really fatty thing in about two weeks. :D

I'm glad everyone is getting healthy now..I'm so glad I started when I was 15...
Advice for anyone still in school- PACK YOUR LUNCHES! The pounds will drop off.!! School lunches are very unhealthy, and another thing- dont bring money to school with you if you can help it. Whenever I'd take money to school I'd find myself buying the little snacks that tempted me..but whenever I packed my lunch (I know....a little embarrassing), and didnt carry money, my weigh ins were so much better that week.
=)
Good luck to everyone!!

I couldn't agree more! Especially on college campus, where at mine there's like...at least 5 different places to buy food. I'd always cave in the morning after skipping breakfast and buy a pizza pocket. I probably gained about 10lbs because of that alone.

I'm going to have to work something out to stop my temptations. Maybe I'll get a fruit smoothie for breakfast instead of a latte and pizza pocket :leaving:

hey :)
im 14 lol im 5'9 and 184 pounds :[ it sucks, i carry my weight well and i look okay, but teasing in middle school really made me the mental wreck i am today lol and i have barely any willpower because depression makes me want to just stuff my face with muffins and kfc lol. i was wondering if anyone had a story of some type of inspiration, just to help a litte since no one really helps me with this :[

hey everyone, my name is emily im 18 1/2, 5'5 and currently 137 pounds. My problem is self-discipline, i just cant stay on a healthy diet and change of life style for more than a week. I have a really small frame and i once weighed about 110 or so and looked very healthy. I have major "love handles" and my arms are a lil chunky, but oddly enough my legs are really skinny, as is my face. I have no problem with motivation or exercising, its just so hard to resist temptation. Lots of people tell me i look just fine, but they dont see me naked, they dont see my stomach or anything, i carry my weight well. Anyway, does anyone else have this self-discipline problem??

Last edited:
hey everyone, my name is emily im 18 1/2, 5'6 and currently 138 pounds. My problem is self-discipline, i just cant stay on a healthy diet and change of life style for more than a week. I have a really small frame and i once weighed about 115 or so and looked very healthy. I have major "love handles" and my arms are a lil chunky, but oddly enough my legs are really skinny, as is my face. I have no problem with motivation or exercising, its just so hard to resist temptation. Lots of people tell me i look just fine, but they dont see me naked, they dont see my stomach or anything, i carry my weight well. Anyway, does anyone else have this self-discipline problem??

okay emily. i cant say that im the say body proportions as you. im 184 pounds and 5'9. BUT me and you have the same problem :). the longest ive stayed on a diet is two weeks and right now i am starting weight watchers and im staying on it until i get down to 150. and i get the same thing, i look okay with clothes on but when im naked, i look, uhm, not so good lol resisting temptation for me is a HUGE challenge and ive struggled with it every day of the 14 years of my life, and i completely understand you :) just take it slow and weight watchers is a good plan for those who have this problem because you get to eat alot of food everyday. so look into it. and good luck!!

Ah ha I feel so weird for posting on here, but you know what time to suck up some pride. Well I just hit my 18th b-day like 3 days ago and its making me think I really need to do something. I as well am one of those people who can carry my weight well. I think that staggers my weight loss more though. I'm about 5'8 (Yeah I'm short) and I've hit about 180-185lb like I'm really broad so everyone thinks I"m built...but I'm like...Ok well I havn't gone swimming with friends in like the past 4 years because I'm scared to let anyone see me without my shirt on and find out...Last year I hit an all time low of 155lb and I was very happy with myself...My typical weight has been 165 for the past say 4 years but it shot up over the past few months and its terrible! I'm happy I found people around my age that are concerned with this...I didn't bother to read through all the posts I just skimmed...but from what I can tell there are others in my situation, My goal weight is 140 so its like about 40-45 pounds which is doable, its just I'm very poorly self motivated. On the flip side I'm very very competative and If I could find someone who was also looking to lose weight and would want to compete like week to week with me I think it would really help. Its not so much I don't know how to lose weight, I do...I have not been exercising and I eat terribly I just need motivation....so if there is anyone around like ages 20-15 that is kinda around the same amount of weight lose and would be willing to kinda correspond weekly I think it could be great to help lose weight, cause I'm really sick of feeling unconfortable in my own skin and I want to be in shape. Oh my name is Daniel and I live in Canada...and ummm I think that it so pce :D

Wow, this thread is awesome!

Hi all! My name is Hank and I just graduated high school and am turning 18 in August. I am 5'6" and weigh ~140lbs. My goal is to get down to 130. I used to weigh 160 and was a couple inches shorter than I am now (I was quite the chunker in elementary school), so I'm happy to have slimmed a little bit. My goal this summer is to get a 6-pack or at least some definition.

Me:

002.jpg

0042.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya thought i would join the club (pun intended lol) My name is Sean, im 5'6" and weigh 140-141 lbs. My main goal is not to lose weight but rather get into shape and hopefully lose some weight along the way. I do have a small belly but i am not fat anywhere else.

Good luck everyone

hey :)
im 14 lol im 5'9 and 184 pounds :[ it sucks, i carry my weight well and i look okay, but teasing in middle school really made me the mental wreck i am today lol and i have barely any willpower because depression makes me want to just stuff my face with muffins and kfc lol. i was wondering if anyone had a story of some type of inspiration, just to help a litte since no one really helps me with this :[

Oh dear I know what you mean. I am going into 11th grade this year. In middle school, my weight peeked at 214, and I was a size 14. Kids were SO cruel. In 9th grade I came back to school at 180 pounds and a size 12. Not that much of a size loss I know but I looked a lot different even so. The picking went down that year...I even got my first boyfriend haha. 10th grade, I came back to school as 154 pounds, and a size 8. I felt so tiny and so much more confident. I can only think of one person that said I was "fat" and I thought you know what "f**k you I am NOT fat anymore. I found a new boyfriend in 10th grade and weve been together for 4 months and I've went up to 160 pounds because were always together and he eats a lot but has a perfect six pack body so he doesn't have to worry about it but I do!! I've stopped eatting like him and got back to my exercise regime. I'm doing well and hope to go back to 11th grade at least at 150. Thats 10 pounds in a month and a couple days. I think its doable. High school is a bitch I know that. I'm dreading going back. What grade are you going into this year?

hey im christina, im glad i found other people my age who are having these issues! im 17 and about to be a senior, and ive reached the highest weight ive ever been at 200 lbs.. my freshmen and sophmore years i was always around 130 and was really thin and looked good, but i moved away from all my friends for a year and gained ALOT of weight! then my family moved back and all my friends are shocked at my weight gain, its really embarassing because theyre all gorgeous and thin and eat whatever they want, i used to be able to do that but now i cant and i need help and motivation to lose the weight! i want to get down to 140 or 135 eventually but i know that will take a while, if anyone has lost this much weight or plans to please help me out and give me advice! im really not athletic and that was never really a problem until now lol im a horrible eater but ive been trying really hard lately.. i just want to know that its possible i guess? because right now im just depressed and feel like its such an overwhelming goal..

Wow, its great that its like other kids my age on here!
Whatsup, my name is Martin, I live in Manhattan and im going to the 11th grade this year. Im 16, turning 17 in November and am currently 5'10" and 260 lbs. Hopefully, I can get the motivation here to lose weight, as I have tried so many times since I was a little kid and seem to have gotten nowhere, hopefully I can make some new friends along the way too!

SOOO, all you teens and such out there, who is finding that summer is helping to votivate them? Honestly seeing all the pretty people is really making me want to get into shape. Lost a few pounds...so thats cool :D keep up the fight!

Wow, its great that its like other kids my age on here!
Whatsup, my name is Martin, I live in Manhattan and im going to the 11th grade this year. Im 16, turning 17 in November and am currently 5'10" and 260 lbs. Hopefully, I can get the motivation here to lose weight, as I have tried so many times since I was a little kid and seem to have gotten nowhere, hopefully I can make some new friends along the way too!

Hi Martin, welcome aboard. I know it's incredibly hard being an overweight teen, trust me, but with a little determination and hard work it's easily doable. I hope you stay and be active on the forums. :)

Back