12 stone down just 1 more to go!

K4ts

Hi all.
I thought I would share my weight loss with you all. Firstly I want to say a huge well done to all who are and have lost weight, I know more then anyone how hard it is. I’ve spent many years following different diets, yes I would loss a little weight only to gain more back. That’s when I stood back and thought I can’t go on a diet because as soon as that diet ends I’m going to put weight on again. So I completely changed my lifestyle, I just eat healthy and I move more lol. So far in the last 2 years I have gone from 25 stone to just under 13 stone. I have always been on the bigger size and I have never liked my photos being taken, even now I still struggle to take pictures. Here is my before and after photos.FC06D57B-BB31-4C54-BDE7-D9B390B3F50A.jpegC0451A98-EE24-449D-A30F-9872E5C53B12.jpegDEDDAADA-1C77-4CF4-B8E4-7E9AB9CC9848.jpeg908582E3-D599-4AE1-8885-3E304A5D8286.jpeg

Congratulations K4ts. You are an excellent role model for losing weight in a sensible way. You looked lovely before you started & now you look slim & lovely. Well done!

Hey K, thank you for the pictures!

You are a great inspiration to people like me who still have a lot of weight to lose. Please stick around and tell us your story. Knowing how you did it would be great. I'm sure you have an impressive story. No doubt it includes a lot of "Hard work & determination" but the details would be most appreciated.

I agree with Cate, you are a beautiful woman, and now a healthy and beautiful woman!

Hi there sorry I haven’t been around lately. I’m a support worker for individuals who have mental health issues, work has been very demanding lately.
Thank you for your lovely comments alligatorob very sweet of you. I was a bad yo-yo dieter for many years, I would loose a lot of weight but then it would soon creep back on again. I always weighed around 17 stone which did enable me to still be pretty active. Asa few years past I did begin to put on more and more weight before I knew it I was 25 stone and unable to walk up my stairs without having a rest for 20 mins after, then personal hygiene became difficult, but I brushed it under the carpet always saying to myself “I will diet tomorrow” I just didn’t have the willpower to stick to a diet. 2 years ago I started to get stomach pains, I was constantly vomiting, after 4 months of this and 3 stone weight loss I found out I had gallstones and I had to have surgery. I guess I’m lucky as loosing that 3 stone kicked my ass into gear to completely change the way I look at food and to change my diet. I have to say that another huge factor to my weight loss is working, I’m constantly on my feet most days I’m doing 14 hour shifts. This does help with maintaining my weight a great deal. I’m at the stage now where i would love to loose another stone but I’m not to fussed about it. I think the only issue I’m having now is no matter how much excises I do because of the amount of weight I’ve lost I do have areas of skin what do sag, so although I’ve done so well in loosing so much weight I still feel “fat” because of the sag!! Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey xx

Wow, what a stunning lady! It makes me so happy when you can see the beautiful face emerge. You are so pretty!

I am at the beginning of my journey. I have a lot to lose too. You are a stone away from your goal weight? How long have you been at this weight, and are you having any trouble keeping the weight off? Sorry so many questions!

My goal weight is a little over 9 stones. I picked that number based on my weight in my 20s and the old fashioned height weight charts. But I truthfully don’t know if the number is realistic. I might stop a stone higher than that myself. I need to lose about 7 stone overall.

Hey K, good to see you posting.

I know how hard losing 12 stone is, I have lost that much weight twice in life, and am trying to do it again. However what I found harder was keeping it off, I have never been able to do that. You seem to be successful in doing that so far, good for you! Look around the forum you will find people who have both lost weight and been successful in keeping it off for years, that may be of help to you. I am trying to learn from them, and others.

On the skin thing, you are a young woman, some of it will go away in time. Even if it doesn't think how much better off you are with a little sagging skin than with that skin full of fat.

Here in the US we don't use the stone weight, but I have always liked it. The one (and probably only) advantage of the Imperial system over metric is that many of the units of measures are more intuitive, tied to things we can understand. My yard is full of stones, some of which weigh 14 lbs, so the stone is easy to relate to.

10 years younger!

Back