Llama

The goal is mostly size (1-nub, 2 nubs, larger single-wide, larger double-wide, planks, plates, leaves, figures and animals, and other) but I don't have enough containers for all categories yet. I did make a start on breaking down some of my builds, hence the painful fingertips. I don't think I'll sort by color because while building it's easier to quickly pick stuff out of a container by color than by subtly different shapes. Of course the real die-hards have small drawer-chests or large containers that fan out into smaller ones when you open them where every brick has its own subdivision. I may find a small one of those to keep track of the myriad decorative flat one-nubs.

I'm already freaking out about my upcoming gyno visit and it's still two weeks away :banghead:

And while what you do in a medical setting should be better than placebo to begin with that doesn't mean it isn't sensible to also make good use of the extra 10 or 15% you can get out of the placebo effect.
Absolutely. And any way to make a visit to address health issues more pleasant is just such a good idea, both for the patient and the caregiver!
I did some chores, made three healthy meals, and made a start on organizing my LEGOs (now my fingertips hurt from taking apart all the fiddly bits). And I didn't binge, even though I was very graze-y today. I did have some extra lentil chips (100g total) and too much Pepsi (probably a liter... :eek: ) but my only sweets were 16 g of speculoos and 20 g of chocolate toffee with my fruit and yogurt. And I'm happy with that.
That does sound like a good day. Some days it's nice to stay at home and get a bunch of chores done.

(I love the discussion on how to organize lego! something I would have never thought about. I seem to remember as a kid just having a big jumble of lego pieces all mixed together and searching through for the perfect piece and being so happy when one was found--i don't think anyone ever thought to organize it...)

I'm already freaking out about my upcoming gyno visit and it's still two weeks away
hate that feeling. Hope you can put it out if your mind.

I seem to remember as a kid just having a big jumble of lego pieces all mixed together and searching through for the perfect piece and being so happy when one was found--i don't think anyone ever thought to organize it...
Our stash was in a giant drawer (maybe 1.20 m wide and 60 cm deep?) And I loved digging through it but when Dad was home we couldn't because it was too loud. Of course when you actually want to build something specific it's better when you can just grab the right piece...

I am very tired.

I'll find a cheaper, non-branded version for now, but there are some cool options out there!

I slept well and feel a lot better today. Glad I put in the work yesterday to at least prep breakfast for this morning (I had salami and crackers for lunch and dinner...) and I'll make sure to get a walk/run in this afternoon. Lunch... I didn't prepare anything so I might repeat the bean/cream cheese/egg/pasta thing with some added greens.

Thanks Liza. Had a reasonably good day today but I'm still cravy and out of sorts. Period's coming up so that's probably to blame but even when you know why it's still super annoying. Everything's just blah, I'm not motivated to do anything, and things just aren't fun when I do them anyway. I know it won't last, but... ugh! I kept my sweets under control (46 g or 5 pieces of chocolate toffee) but I did have 100 g of lentil chips, 3 cups of Pepsi Max, and dinner was (a moderate portion of airfried) cevapcici and fries. Because ugh.

If I needed an explanation for my overweight here it is: I don't want to feel all these feelings. They're irrational and I know it but they still hurt and it's much easier to hide in the cotton wool world of a sugar coma. Fucking hell, I feel like I'm 13 all over again and it sucks.

They do indeed. Had fries and cevapcici for breakfast as well but at least I added veggies this time and I prepped healthy food for work (spätzle with onion, brown lentils, bacon bits, cabbage, and a diced pickle for lunch, salami and cream cheese wraps with airfryer bell pepper and endive for dinner, and 2% Greek yogurt with mango, black grapes, and crumbled speculoos for a snack). Am I drinking too much Pepsi Max? Yes, totally, but it's good enough for this time of the month.

Everything's just blah, I'm not motivated to do anything, and things just aren't fun when I do them anyway. I know it won't last, but... ugh! I kept my sweets under control
congrats on keeping your sweets under control in a struggling time!
Fucking hell, I feel like I'm 13 all over again and it sucks.
:grouphug:
I prepped healthy food for work (spätzle with onion, brown lentils, bacon bits, cabbage, and a diced pickle for lunch, salami and cream cheese wraps with airfryer bell pepper and endive for dinner, and 2% Greek yogurt with mango, black grapes, and crumbled speculoos for a snack).
NIce job on including lots of healthy things!

Thanks Liza. I'm kind of proud of not derailing further. Will happily accept one week each month without scale losses if it means no more binges.

Bought yogurt on my way home, prepped breakfast for tomorrow (butter bean/bell pepper cream cheese mash with airfryer bell pepper and endive) and a snack (some of said yogurt with mango and grapes), and measured my shelves so I can go to the hardware store after work tomorrow to look at some sorting systems made for screws and such that might work well for LEGO.
Lunch will be sushi. Dinner... Haven't thought about dinner yet but I have more spätzle so I might have those with... something. Oh, I have some fancy mackerel that was on special offer so maybe I'll have those instead.

The emotional part is over at least. Bracing for the physical part but that I can mostly deal with. Very hungry this morning: fingers crossed my first 4 patients come and go quickly and easily so I can have breakfast soon.

Had a patient earlier who wore a shirt that said "weekend forecast" and then a pic of a slightly misshapen sun. Could've sworn it was an egg cell surrounded by sperm. Turned out to be a golf ball surrounded by clubs 🙈

Very hungry this morning: fingers crossed my first 4 patients come and go quickly and easily so I can have breakfast soon.
You don't have breakfast first thing before work? I don't think I could function at all like that...
measured my shelves so I can go to the hardware store after work tomorrow to look at some sorting systems made for screws and such that might work well for LEGO.
:) That sounds fun. Hope you figure out a good system.

You don't have breakfast first thing before work? I don't think I could function at all like that...
I leave the house at 5:50. If I had to eat before that the time until lunch would be way too long, plus I'd have to get up even earlier. So I squeeze in half my breakfast between patients around 8 am and the other half generally happens somewhere between 9 and 10. It's not perfect but it works.
:) That sounds fun. Hope you figure out a good system.
I found such a nice storage rack! The produce drawer is on top for size comparison. 20230202_213240.jpg
If I could have the same thing again but with only the medium and large drawers for larger blocks that would be perfect but this store didn't have that option. I may check their competitor's website tomorrow. For now I think I'll just get a couple of cardboard boxes (maybe shoe cartons) for the larger blocks and keep those relatively unsorted. It's mostly the tiny ones you can never find anyway. I made a solid start but it'll be a while until I have my whole collection sorted. It's so satisfying though!

Plan for tomorrow:
- Same butter bean and cream cheese wraps as today.
- Yogurt with mango and speculoos crumbles
- No idea
- Stop by shoestore to ask for a couple of empty boxes
- Something eggy. Maybe another casserole? I'm in LEGO mode, not food plan mode.

Ended up having the last of the airfryer fries for dinner, with green peas and a tablespoon of bacon bits. Not nearly enough protein but it'll have to do. Finally got the timing right on them (the box said 10 minutes after preheating and they were only mostly done after 16 minutes plus preheating) but I'm probably making my own again next time: better flavor and less grease.

That storage system is wonderful, Llama :)
Home-made almost anything is nicer than bought. We have a shortage of potatoes in Australia at the moment & they are so expensive when you can get them.

I use similar storage for my miniatures and terrain building bits, I will take a look and see if there is a brand name on the ones I have with just the big drawers but I get mine from the hardware store.

Back