Llama

festina lente is the way to go.
I've never heard that phrase and had to google it...it will be my new motto :)
did really well at the gym but I came home super hungry and now after breakfast I just want to go back to sleep.
oh i hate those kind of mornings where I want to nap early on...i usually choose the nap over pushing through though. Good for you for getting on with the chores. I do hope you had a nice rest time before work though.

Well done, you! :)
Thank you! I forgot to praise myself so I'll do it now.
oh i hate those kind of mornings where I want to nap early on...i usually choose the nap over pushing through though.
I was kind of bummed I hadn't when I had to get up to go to work but after the first couple of patients everything was ok.

Forgot my yogurt mix in the fridge so I didn't have as much food as I wanted to but the cabbage casserole is very filling and my wraps had a LOT of roughage in them so it worked out alright. Yogurt can wait until tomorrow.

Plan:
- Bean wraps
- Yogurt with mango and speculoos
- Sushi
- Either chicken salad or lentil stew. Would be good if I made stew so as to have something ready to grab when I get home on Friday.
- Turkish. Forgot about it today so will do it now before passing out. Not perfect but better than not doing it.

Thanks Cate!

I can't tell you how tired I am right now. Thank Nuggan that shift is over and I can go get my sushi and put my feet up. Will go for a walk later today but I don't know if I'll manage jogging intervals. If not I'll do it tomorrow.

Nuggan was a Small God on the Discworld. Very petty and generally unpleasant to be around. His Holy Writ was not a book but a binder with regular additions, generally just more prohibitions. At some point he "died" - inasfar as gods can die - because people didn't really believe in him as an entity anymore, but since they did believe in the awful structure of his religion further additions kept appearing regularly and the country became more and more oppressive. I think it was in Monstrous Regiment.

Last edited:
I can't tell you how tired I am right now. Thank Nuggan that shift is over and I can go get my sushi and put my feet up. Will go for a walk later today but I don't know if I'll manage jogging intervals.
I hope you got a nice rest in. A walk sounds nice, but maybe the jogging intervals better saved for another day?

Yup, I'll try tomorrow if I feel better. Today I wanted to go for a walk before starting on that stew, realized I'd have to go grocery shopping as well, decided I didn't have the energy to do both so I just went shopping and that exhausted me so much I threw a small pizza into the oven instead of cooking. For snacks I had two eight-gram speculoos cookies in my yogurt and later 30 g of lentil chips as well as 50 g of grated chocolate. Within my daily allowance but my stomach is very unhappy about it. Although to be fair it was already unhappy after I had my sushi lunch, even though it was nice and fresh. And I'd come home aching all over anyway, so I guess my body is just not having a good day in general. Work was super stressful but really it went ok. Oh, and I just had a nosebleed while brushing my teeth. Yay. I'll just go to bed and hope tomorrow's better.

Thanks Cate and Vic: it is. Woke up with some pain (that'll probably pass completely within a day or two) which finally prompted me to make a gyno check-up appointment. (Insert rant about how awful most gynecologists are and why it's no wonder it's impossible to get an appointment with one of the white ravens.) Other than that I'm just a little tired still. Got home unmotivated to eat even though I was hungry but we know how that story ends so I made a super simple meal anyway and actually enjoyed it.

Glad you are having a better day and good for you making that meal even when you weren't really feeling like eating.

Thanks Liza and Cate! I was kind of proud of myself :)
1.1 kg down from 12 days ago and 25€ in my frivolities fund* thanks to the 10€ for not binging. If I can lose 2 kg a month for a while that'll be awesome.

Now to fold laundry, get the bell peppers I bought prepped and airfried before family exercise, and clean the floor and I'll be reasonably caught up with the chores I can do during the weekend.

*Most weeks won't add that much of course. I think it'll be closer to 15€/week once I get caught up with unnecessarily procrastinated things and that's ok: as Floater pointed out I'm the parent as well as the kid here so I don't want my spending to get out of hand

That is awesome, Llama :)
I'm so happy about it! Ate a little too much yesterday though so I still have to keep an eye on things.
Oh you sound so nice and organized! Lovely.
Only for the one day :D Today I started out by revising Turkish though, so I can cross that off my list already. Also started a handwritten list of useful words and phrases because I'm never going to use my new knowledge at work otherwise and I really want to be able to.

Also started a handwritten list of useful words and phrases because I'm never going to use my new knowledge at work otherwise and I really want to be able to.
That's so great. I think that will be so rewarding being able to use some of your Turkish phrases and will make those patients feel extra happy!

Honestly apart from being able to communicate better the few words I can say always makes the older ladies smile and they get so enthusiastic it has to increase the placebo effect of whatever we're doing. And while what you do in a medical setting should be better than placebo to begin with that doesn't mean it isn't sensible to also make good use of the extra 10 or 15% you can get out of the placebo effect. Only reason I agree to wear white :rotflmao:

Also: making people who are in pain and may feel self-conscious (about not being able to communicate effectively, if nothing else) smile is fun.

I was in the process of typing that I did nothing today except eat but I'm not going to because it isn't really true and I should try and give myself some credit. I did some chores, made three healthy meals, and made a start on organizing my LEGOs (now my fingertips hurt from taking apart all the fiddly bits). And I didn't binge, even though I was very graze-y today. I did have some extra lentil chips (100g total) and too much Pepsi (probably a liter... :eek: ) but my only sweets were 16 g of speculoos and 20 g of chocolate toffee with my fruit and yogurt. And I'm happy with that.

I think it's lovely that you are learning Turkish & being able to brighten up someone's day by using their language. I know that in the countries we have travelled to where I tried to speak their language, but often fell well short, especially with pronunciation, my attempts were mostly appreciated. Sometimes they could barely contain their amusement.
Giving yourself credit is so important, Llama. It's so easy to beat ourselves up, that we must try to concentrate on our good points.
Out of curiosity, how do you organise your Leggos? I have a bucket of people parts, another of car parts and keep the pirate stuff separate... I think I might sort them into colours before our next littlies visit, but I'm curious to know what other people do. I also have a lot of space lego & C has his Minecraft lego here.

Back