Alligatorob's Diary

Well I did an hour and a half in the gym, 50 minutes of weight training and some cycling and warm ups. It felt fine, not tired at all. Got home and cleared some snow and still feel good.
Glad you're taking it slowly.
I will, no classes this week, except maybe cycling Saturday morning if I feel up to it. Might start classes next week, if I keep feeling ok. Right now other than a bit more sinus congestion than I am used to the Covid symptoms seem gone.

Glad to hear it! Health is so important.

Your fitness (& vaccinations) has obviously helped build up some resistance to bugs, including covid. I'm glad you enjoyed the gym, Rob. Good to see you back in the 170s.

It was a good day, could have done a little better this evening but in the end my calories were ok. And getting back to the gym felt good.
Health is so important.
Thanks Llama, it is, it's pretty much everything.
Your fitness (& vaccinations) has obviously helped build up some resistance to bugs, including covid. I'm glad you enjoyed the gym, Rob. Good to see you back in the 170s.
Thanks Cate, and I am pretty sure the vaccinations helped. And it is good not to have to change the signature, not today anyway.
Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal_Page_1.jpgFree Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal_Page_2.jpg

Today was a good day, ate well, exercised and feel good tonight. Did an hour and a half in the gym in the morning and the same in PT in the afternoon, no more tired than usual. Pretty sure the Covid is not gone. Under Utah guidelines I still need to wear a mask until tomorrow, I am but its not comfortable in the gym or PT, will be glad to be done with it.
Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal_Page_1.jpgFree Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal_Page_2.jpg

Tell me about it: I still wear an FFP2 mask at work... I understand why and I'm glad they're careful but it's still exhausting!

I think I'm going to have to keep wearing masks in enclosed spaces for the rest of my life to avoid reactions to fragrance. :eek:
I hope you get better soon, Rob xo

Just got home from the gym, was there an hour and a half. Did some working out with bands and weights, but mostly in a cycling class. I was able to stand more and cycle a bit harder than before, it felt good. A sign my Covid really is gone. Before knee surgery if I tried to stand much at all my knees hurt a lot, for days afterwards. Now I can stand 30 to 40% of the time my knees hurt a little while doing it but they don't afterwards. Makes me feel better about my knees.

Today I am suspect I may struggle a bit. Seeing the 3 lb gain won't encourage me to eat right, but intellectually I know its not fat so will keep trying to remember that.
Tell me about it: I still wear an FFP2 mask at work...
Masking is pretty rare here, even during the post Covid quarantine period. I suspect I am in the minority sticking with it. I have never seen a physical therapist here wearing a mask... And I am sure I could have taken mine off without complaints, but I don't want to give Covid to anyone else.
I think I'm going to have to keep wearing masks in enclosed spaces for the rest of my life to avoid reactions to fragrance.
I hope not, but if it helps you should. I don't like most artificial fragrances. Never really understood perfumes and the like, clean people smell fine, and it doesn't cover up body odor or other smells in a dirty one. The one I react to is lavender, it chokes me up...

Yesterday was an ok food day. I did pretty well until evening, then I had a kind of low fat yogurt binge, a very small one for me. Calories worked out ok though. Exercise was good and other than some post Christmas shopping tired I felt good.
Great to hear your knees are doing so much better!
It sounds like your knees are going well.
Thanks Llama and Cate.

They are a lot better than a few weeks ago and I am beginning to find ways they are better than before surgery. Some things still hurt, mostly involving trying to bend them deeply. I have the flexion if I force it, but using it still hurts. Going down stairs and trying to stand without hand pushing still hurts. But less than it did. I know it will keep getting better.

Attachments

• Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal.jpg
    Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 1
With full flexion and extension our ligaments are doing things they haven't done in years. Ligaments/tendons take around 6 months for one full cycle of repair/replacement (compared to ~6 weeks for bones and I think 3 weeks for skin) so that would be the minimum amount of time you'd physically need to get used to your current mobility. I think you're halfway there now? So far you're doing great!

Food about the same as yesterday, probably a few more calories... Oh well, it could have been worse, much worse. No exercise but I did work on projects around the house most of the day, so I was somewhat active. Sunday is my no exercise day.
With full flexion and extension our ligaments are doing things they haven't done in years. Ligaments/tendons take around 6 months for one full cycle of repair/replacement (compared to ~6 weeks for bones and I think 3 weeks for skin) so that would be the minimum amount of time you'd physically need to get used to your current mobility. I think you're halfway there now?
Thank you Llama, that is consistent with what my therapists have been saying, but much clearer and more understandable. You must be very good with your clients! I am sure it is exactly what is happening.

Halfway...? Maybe, kind of hard to measure it. I did notice today when I was doing some shelf building that required a fair amount of bending, stooping, and climbing that I am not back yet. However I did figure out how to get it done safely, just a bit more slowly than I would have liked. But that's always the case, LOL
I know what you mean though. It's more about your state of mind when you eat that way.
Yeah, did the same tonight. If it isn't every day and doesn't lead to worse I suppose its alright, just not comfortable...
Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal.jpg

:grouphug: Glad to have you back either way.
:iagree: with Llama :grouphug:

Back