Alligatorob's Diary

I hope your trainer deals well with covid and didn't infect anyone else, least of all you. Fingers crossed you're only feeling off because of the nocebo effect.

Not a great day, I ate well enough but am pretty sure I have Covid... No positive test yet, but my symptoms are the same as some others from the gym. I'll test tomorrow and see. Not sure how much it matters at this point, Covid or flu, sick is sick. No exercise today.
I hope your trainer deals well with covid and didn't infect anyone else, least of all you. Fingers crossed you're only feeling off because of the nocebo effect.
Once she tested positive she stopped going to the gym, but maybe too late for me, or maybe I got it from someone else... who knows.

"Nocebo" a new word to me, had to look it up. I like it, may start using it. Llama maybe you should teach a course in English language for native speakers, LOL!
Great pic, Rob. You do look fit & happy & it does look like a torture rack
Thanks Cate, it is the most painful thing I have done in PT. However I know it helped a lot, really improved my flexion. But at this point I'm not sure how much longer I'll need it.
Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal.jpg

It sounds like it was too late for your trainer to take precautions & stay away from the gym. That sucks, Rob. I hope you get over it quickly & don't suffer long-term. No one here is taking any precautions, except in medical settings, so it's inevitable that it will keep spreading. Take care, Rob :)

Get well soon, Rob. Taking it easy while sick and for a good bit afterwards seems to be the best protection against long-term issues.

It sounds like it was too late for your trainer to take precautions & stay away from the gym.
Yes and if I count back from my first symptoms it was Monday she would have given it to me, the day before her first symptoms. I could have gotten it from someone else of course.
Get well soon, Rob. Taking it easy while sick and for a good bit afterwards seems to be the best protection against long-term issues.
Thanks Llama, and I will. I do still plan to do some of the PT leg stretches to keep my extension and flexion where they are. But that isn't a lot of work. Just have to keep my diet under control, so far so good.

And I did test positive this morning.
IMG_3280.jpg

Sorry to hear you got covid Rob...yes so much going around now between the flus and covid :(
Take care and rest well!

Bugger! I really hope you recover quickly, Rob. When I got it in June I didn't feel very sick, but my body was desperate to get rid of it & I went through so many tissues. Do you have aches & pains as well?

Yesterday did not go so well, despite having Covid I binged...

Today was better, did not eat the best of foods but no binge. I suspect the calories I recorded are lower than they should be, but still I don't think the day was awful. Now I see I left an apple off... oh well.
I hope your symptoms stay mild.
So far they have been, I am optimistic it won't last a lot longer, but we'll see.
Sorry to hear you got covid Rob...yes so much going around now between the flus and covid :(
Take care and rest well!
Thanks Liza, and I agree I seem to know a lot of sick people right now.
Do you have aches & pains as well?
Not too bad, fewer than when I've had the flu. However I understand the tissue use thing, LOL. None of my symptoms are as bad as I have had with some colds or flu. And no fever so far. Could be worse I guess.

Attachments

• Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 0
I'm glad you're not feeling too ill, Rob. It sounds similar to when we had it. I was very grateful that we had 4 vaccinations or I'm sure it would have been much worse.

Today was a reasonable food day. The Covid continues, tested positive again. My symptoms are getting less and less, except that I have no energy, feel exhausted all the time. When I do get up to do something exhaustion takes over pretty quickly. Hopefully this will pass soon.
Sucks about the binge: I hope it wasn't a big one.
All binges suck, it was too big, but only one day so its effects are passing now.
I'm glad you're not feeling too ill, Rob. It sounds similar to when we had it. I was very grateful that we had 4 vaccinations or I'm sure it would have been much worse.
I'd like to think the vaccinations helped, but who knows. My brother who has had no vaccination had a much worse case of it than I, if that means anything.

My brother who has had no vaccination had a much worse case of it than I, if that means anything.
It's an anecdote, not proof, but human brains react to anecdotes much more strongly than to statistics... In this case statistics agree with your anecdote though.

Please remember to keep taking it easy for a while after the exhaustion passes. Your body is still recovering from surgery and you don't want long covid added to the pile.

Today was a pretty good day, feeling a bit better and I ate well. Other than a little snow shoveling and plowing got no real exercise.
It's an anecdote, not proof, but human brains react to anecdotes much more strongly than to statistics... In this case statistics agree with your anecdote though.
Good point, even though I understand and believe the statistics on Covid it is easier to accept the anecdotes, if based on personal experience. Not always right though...
Please remember to keep taking it easy for a while after the exhaustion passes. Your body is still recovering from surgery and you don't want long covid added to the pile.
I will, and today the exhaustion seemed less, in fact getting out and doing the snow removal seemed to make me feel better. I may start trying to ease back into the gym, should be past the quarantine time now.
Glad your symptoms aren't too bad Rob. Exhaustion isn't fun though--hope it passes quickly!
Thanks Liza, and except for my sinuses and the occasional exhaustion my symptoms seem to be past now.
Just take it easy, Rob & give your body a chance to heal.
Thanks Cate, at this point I am starting to feel like I've been taking it too easy.

I think you should be taking it easy for another week if the exhaustion is just now lifting, but it's your body and taking it easy doesn't mean doing nothing at all.

Today was a good day, ate well and did a little PT. Feeling better. I plan to go to the gym in the morning, will try to keep it to around an hour. Feels good to be getting back to some normal.
I think you should be taking it easy for another week if the exhaustion is just now lifting, but it's your body and taking it easy doesn't mean doing nothing at all.
Thanks Llama, and I do plan to go easy starting back into the gym. I'll see how tomorrow feels.

Glad you're taking it slowly. And I see at least a little bit of veg!

Back