Tic's Reflection

Sorry, I do not know how to break it up into multi-sections to answer.

1) I normally do the whole calorie flip on a macro scale. Normally, I severely cut back on carbs mostly while keeping my Protein intake the same if not more than before. Fat intake is about the same but I eat more almonds to help me stay full. This works out really well for me,

BUT my problems comes in when I workout nonstop for 3-4 hours and continue to eat very little carbs. After that long duration, I would eat a banana (potassium+carbs) and have a scope of protein shake. That would keep me full for about 1 hour and then I would get really hungry but I can manage. My issue is that after that long workout, my mind and it's reaction is slowed; the best remedy for it is to eat tons of fast carbs like fruits but then it feels like I would be putting on the calories back that I worked so hard to burn. Would be like a dog chasing his tail.

(2,34) I have tried to lower my carbs intake slightly only before but the body does not seem to shed the weight or at least as fast as I would like which is 0.75-1.5 lbs per week. I basically reduce my carbs intake by half to be effective. My body runs on carbs and I cannot cut it off completely or near complete otherwise I will always feel hunger and irriatably.

Overall my diet is effective (really effective), its just after a long (2.5 hrs+) training session where getting my HR even to 115 bpm is difficult (drops to below 110 even doing cardio), my mental capacity is awful for next hour or 2. As for over the duration of the day, i do catch myself making more "careless" mistakes that I do not normally make especially driving.

OKay then! :)

If I can assist you in some fashion, let me know.

I have some experience in low-carbing/adjusting calories, macro-nutrients, etc, and performing depletion workouts (for partial or full depletion), and can give some pointers on how to deal with various issues.

Wish you much success!

I will be watching and posting to your log from time to time to check on the brotha! :)

Chillen

Thanks a lot Chillen. What pointers or issues did you run into man?

On a sidenote, my right shoulder must have been injuried with the heavy lifting especially the couple times without a spotter for lift-off. Now, on my rest day; the right shoulder is really flaring up. I know that during rest is when we feel the pain especially from injury because when we workout, the workout dulls/suppress the pain. As "stressful" as this diet is, it was MUCH needed for my body to rest from all the heavy lifting especially the shoulder. Will continue to ease off the shoulder for next 4-5 days.

7/2 to 7/4

7/2 Thursday
Wt in morning = 171.0
Did leg workout for 1 hour, can't remember if I couple with cardio or not.

7/3 Friday​
Wt = 172.0
Did 20 minutes cardio and 30 minutes but had to leave early b/c cannot stand the instructor.

Chest workout with some tricep. Did cardio for 30-40 minutes on most ellyptical with about 10 minutes on rowing machine.

7/4 Saturday​
wt = 171.6

Went on a 4 hour hiking trip without much break times at all from 7:40 am to 11:40 am.

7/5 Sunday

wt = 172.0 --- 171.2 (morning)

Taking the day / diet break even though I do not deserve it as I have not really lost weight the last few days; however, I think this may be caused by water retention or body holding onto extra junk. Go go BBQ day!!!!

Last edited:
7/6

7/6 Monday
Wt in morning on empty stomach = 172.5

This was expected actually because of all the food that I ate yesterday. I knew that my weight would go up from carbs and salt. Not bad considering that I was 176.0 when I went to bed. Had a GREAT night's rest; might be from all the food and carbs. :)

Skipped out on yoga this morning, slept in b/c I can. Workouted bicep and shoulder today. Shoulder is feeling better. Will not include routine as I am just depleting but total workout time is over 2 hours from 1-3 pm.

12 minutes ellptical
1+ hrs weight
18 minutes ellpytical
12 minutes rowing machine.

7/7 Tuesday

Wt in morning = 171.5 lbs

Did leg workout, nothing impressive to write home to except for that fact that I am Weak as heck so depleting is working!!! LoL.

Did yoga in the evening this time, very interesting. I like it and the instructor; she pays very close attention to her class; awesome. Will try to attend more of her classes which is every Tuesday at 7:30 PM. Btw, it's in an old 24 hour Active gym. OMG, that is not a gym; its like a garage with weights. Some guy took a crap in the bathroom and you can smell it in the cardio section; LoL. During the time there, I was pretty sure that I was the strongest person in the gym which is not saying much for a tiny gym. The gym that I normally go to is a Sports which is much larger and Newer.

Trying to hit 170.0 or lower this week at some point in the morning; hopefully but Jury Duties on 7/9 might hurt my workout plan. Hopefully I am not selected or needed as I am making that day my rest but if I am select it will affect my Friday's routine.

7/8 Wed

wt in morning = 170.8 lbs

Did only weight training today without cardio; didn't have the time. Workouted chest,back, forearm, abs for total time of 80 minutes.

7/9 Th Off day

Wt in morning = 172.4

I have NO clue why my weight jumped so I pretty much went on an extremely low carb diet the whole day. Jury duty summon was dismissed early so I went to the gym and did 50 minutes of cardio. Wow, I was/am depleted of energy and any consumption of carbs feels great. Making mental mistake left and right unless I eat a little carb to perform brain intensive task. Must hit 170 lbs, until then I will stick to hardcore diet w/o much carbs.

Most likely I will hit 169 Sunday or Monday to be honest b/c of basketball over the weekend.

7/11 Friday

Weird weight day.

Wt at 5:45 am = 171.4 lbs

decided to skip yoga and went back to sleep.

Wt at 9 am = 169.5 lbs

Interesting that I dropped that much weight just by sleeping for a few more hours... LoL. I might just skip on workout out and sleep off the weight. j.k.

Did tricep, some bicep, and some abs. Total worout time = 75 minutes and then did 20 minutes of ellpytical w/ arms to finished.

Then hiked ~ 1.9 miles up, 1.5 miles down, and jog 1.1 miles
Total distance ~ 5 miles in about 90 minutes. Pace was slow b/c I am soo carb depleted. I am excited to push this weight lost through the weekend while I play basketball!!! Hopefully I will be consistently below 170 next week. In the meantime, am consuming mostly protein with occasional carbs; think Atkins here but I personally am NOT a fan of atkin's diet. Just keeping protein intake high to hopefully reduce muscle lost.

btw drank tons of coffee and tried nano-vapor which caused me to be slightly jitterly but not bad at all.

7/11

Wt in morning = 170.0 lbs (7:45 am)

AFter gym and bathroom #2 but decently hydrate = 169.4 (11 am)

Did 25 minutes on ellyptical w/ arms. Then proceeded to do deadlift 225x3x6-8; bench 225x2x(12,10), squat 225x6+135x6... Man, my deadlift is pathetic; not sure for the depletion or if I am really this weak. Weird thing is that my bench is still strong but I did hike for 90 minutes yesterday. Will work more on deadlift and get form better. Finished with rowing for 10 minutes.

Going to play basketball for ~ 2 hours (if you take out break, it might be more like 90 minutes half-court in the sun).

7/12 Sunday

wt in morning = 168.4 at 6:15 am

I thought it might be lower as I was only 170.2 last night at midnight. Oh well. This semi-atkin's diet is killing me mentally but the result is awesome. Just keeping the carbs low and eating tons of protein and minimal fat. Most of my carbs come from Fruits / veggies and fat calories from milk or cottage cheese or almonds.

Hiked at a very easy pace for ~ 100 minutes for distance of about 4.5 miles. Then did 15 minutes of light weights and yoga for 75 minutes. Back feeling a tad better.

Lower back is hurting from doing deathlift that was semi-good morning. Good thing it's only a muscle sore and not something more serious.

wt at 8:30 pm after shower = 169.0.

This was after a few hours of basketball, which preceeded a BBQ where I consumed about 1,200 calories (diet break / refeed for the week).

Last edited:
7/13 Monday

Wt at morning = 168.3 (6 am)
wt at noon = 170.4 (12)

Waist in morning = 30.75 and navel = 31.75''

Going to be rest day today; really tired. Might and will most likely go practice yoga this evening!!! Ya ya, yoga in evening!!!

7/14 Tuesday

wt in morning = 171.4 lbs

Weight trained:

Flat bb bench with varying grip at mid/inner/outer for 2 sets each
seat cable flies (4 sets)
Military press 3-4 sets of 10 at 100 lbs
lat raises, cable style

The weight is not really surprising from yesterday's rest day. What was odd is how lethartic I was. No matter how much coffee that I drank, I was tired and could not do any cardio at all today. Had no energy to do cardio... oh well, will hit it up hard tomorrow on cardio (will try and superload on coffee).

7/15 wed

wt in morning = 168.8 lbs

Did some weight training for about 75 minutes; sweating most of the time. Stairs for 15 minutes warmup and ellyptical w/ arms for 45 after weight training.

Time for my weekly pictures update:

This was taken at 12:15 Noon on 7/11/2009 about 40 minutes after eating brunch and 2 hours of light workout.

You are growing into a beast, tic. You are making some good gains, and progress is looking good.

In a few weeks, I 'd expect you a bit leaner, is this correct?

Best wishes,

Chillen

7/16 Thursday

Did not take weight measurement in morning; instead went on a 6.5 mile hike which took roughly 3 hours b/c I am depleted and went slow. Skipped on breakfast as well to keep my body in catabolic state.

Thank you Chillen. I am actually getting lean already by the weight dropping from 175ish to 170ish. Going to break the diet after this weekend of physical activities. Being carb-deplete is too hard on me mentally. Going to try and do maintaince diet for a week or 2 starting next week. Have been muscle gaining / leaning for awhile and time for a break. Considering on going on high carb, moderate protein (~ 130g ish) and lowfat diet to reverse this low/no carb diet.

wt at noon after hike and lunch = 168.4 lbs.

Last edited:
7/17 Friday

Wt in morning = 168.4 lbs 7 am
wt at noon = 170.4 noon

Did 45-48 minutes of cardio (stairs for 24 minutes + ~24 minutes ellyptica)
Did bodyweight squat 0x6x25 = 150 total while stretching for another 20ish minutes.

Afternoon did chest workout+tricep+some bicep for 65 minutes.
Squat 0x10x25= 250

So far did 400 squats and will do another 100 by end of tonight to meet that Friday's challenge.

7/18 Saturday

Did not weight myself today at all. Workout moderate in the morning but just did not have the mental reserve or energy level to push very hard at all. Just drained. Played moderate basketball for 90ish minutes. Overall, I think I balance out or very minor weight lost b/c I ate too much; well too much on a diet but maintaince otherwise.

7/19 Sunday

Wt in morning = 167.0 at 9am on empty stomach
wt at noon (post yoga+pwo shake) = 168.8

Still energy deprived and the right leg is slightly tight. Feels like cramping most of the time. Hopefully, it will get better. One more day of weight lost and tomorrow is re-feed after morning workout(maybe, see how I feel and what time I get up).

Back