Tic's Reflection

7/20 Monday

wt in morning = 165.8 lbs 6 am
wt postworkout at = 168.8 10am

Starting to re-carb up again. Also tried some wax-maize, has 40g of carbs from corn derative at 160 calories and ZERO sugar. Not sure if it's the heat or Waxi or the carb-reloading but my mouth feels dry. The workout was just full upper-body pumping workout, nothing powerful or special to write home to. Going to eat all you can sushi for lunch with nephew :eating:. Going to try to rest as much as I can all day today. Hopefully this lack of power is from lack of carbs and not muscle lost.

I am happy to hit 165 (will round down, LoL). Hopefully my weight range will be between 166-171 lbs once I reload.... This reloading bussiness sure does make me tired :sleeping2:

wt in morning = 165.8 lbs 6 am
wt postworkout at = 168.8 10am

Starting to re-carb up again. Also tried some wax-maize, has 40g of carbs from corn derative at 160 calories and ZERO sugar. Not sure if it's the heat or Waxi or the carb-reloading but my mouth feels dry. The workout was just full upper-body pumping workout, nothing powerful or special to write home to. Going to eat all you can sushi for lunch with nephew :eating:. Going to try to rest as much as I can all day today. Hopefully this lack of power is from lack of carbs and not muscle lost.

I am happy to hit 165 (will round down, LoL). Hopefully my weight range will be between 166-171 lbs once I reload.... This reloading business sure does make me tired :sleeping2:

Your weight should increase a few pounds during and post the re-load/re-feed Tic.

What does this re-feed/re-load look like? :)

With what I have in bold:

This fitness forum is rough and tough, there is no room for this shiaaaaaat:

Cry-Baby.gif

Your tissues are sandpaper. Got that?!

And there is none of this when you return to calorie deficits:

oh-poop.jpg

Got that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Best regards,

Chillen

Last edited:
Your weight should increase a few pounds during and post the re-load/re-feed Tic.

What does this re-feed/re-load look like? :)

With what I have in bold:

This fitness forum is rough and tough, there is no room for this shiaaaaaat:

Cry-Baby.gif

Your tissues are sandpaper. Got that?!

And there is none of this when you return to calorie deficits:

oh-poop.jpg

Got that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Best regards,

Chillen

I've seen these pictures before bud. Maybe, I have been reading your threads too much. Me think you need new mats. Funny either way.

When I refeed, I know it's really bad but I go to a buffet and binge. Yesterday, was my buffet of choice sushi. Lot's of carbs and some protein with moderate amount of fat. During re-feed, I eat tons of carbs like from Ulitmate Diet book suggest while keeping fat intake low b/c high carbs + high fat = fat person fast. During this refeed day, I find myself sleepy; really sleepy the whole eating phase which Mr. McDonald said would happen. What he suggest was to eat a 10-12 bagels over a period of 24 hours in UD 2.0 for my weight. All said and done I gain about 5 lbs over this 24 hour period; LoL

Wt in morning = 172.0 (9 am)

haha yesterday was only 165.8 lbs....

7/22 Wed

wt in morning = 172.0 at 7:30 am

Did yoga only and took day off, no weight or cardio beside. Well, some swimming / floating in pool to cool off.

Tic, in Lyle's book UD does he address women specifically as well or is everyone the same? Does he do it based only on weight?

Tic, in Lyle's book UD does he address women specifically as well or is everyone the same? Does he do it based only on weight?

I think it was more general stuff but there may have been some paragraphs concerning women's issues as you gals have different hormones and such.

As for the second questioon: "Does he do it based only on weight" what do you mean? Carb reloading or dietary breaks, I am slightly confused. If I recall properly, he does it on Lean Body Mass and from that you multiply by a factor to get the amount of carbs that you need to intake to re-carb back up from depletion.

Here was my note back in January:
*5.46-7.27(g of carb) / (lb of lean body mass, LBM)
Mine : 176 lbs * (0.86=saying bf is 14%) = 151.4 lbs
6*151.4 = 908.4 grams of carbs needed to reloard carbs
*avoid large amount of sucrose and frutose carbs
*starch is great here (bagels, milk, pasta)
*each meal should be 100-150g of carb

What he suggested was more 12-16 g (of carbs) / kg of LBM or 7-8 grams of carbs/lb of lean body mass. I used 6 b/c if you do the math from kg to lbs, its comes out more like 6 to 7.5ish....

What he does suggest those on another diet to do before going into trying out UD is to eat at maintaince for 7-14 days to reset the system though. I am just taking his work and math and modifying it to my regime.

7/23 Thurs

wt = 174.0 at 7 am.
wt after working out (lots of water) = 177.4 lbs

Went hiking for 2.5 hours for 6 miles. Then, went to Coco and ate Cinnomon French Toast meal which had 1610 calories... WTF... oh well but I only ate 2/3 toast so it's more like 1200 calories; still.... oh well, I need to watch what I eat more even though I am NOT on a diet... The body wants fatty food; dang it.

7/24

Did 1 hour of yoga. going to take things easy for next week or two so the right shoulder will heal up. Something does not feel right. On the flip side, due to all this eating stuff, I've been sleeping lots and great. Mentally refreshing. Yoga class was awesome so decided against lifting afterward and enjoy the relaxation and light feeling of yoga... ahhh... life is wonderful. :) go go yoga.

7/25 Saturday.

hiked for 3 miles (1.5 up and 1.5 down)
did bicep mostly with 3 sets of squats at 225lbs for 12 reps.
Fit in planks for 25 minutes at 1 minute increment.

On a side note, I found an error in my training regime... Over frequency which might have cause my minor shoulder injury. Either way, will try to reduce shoulder workload for the next week (or will try). It's hard for me to reduce / stop going to gym.

7/26 Sunday

Took older brother and his family for a 9 mile hike which took about 4 hours to finish. They went really slow and weather got really hot (90 degree in the sun).

Going to play 2 hourish of half court basketball later. Using today as a weight lost switch again. I do not like the way how the body has gotten flabby last week.

7/27 Monday

Well, I played basketball pretty much nonstop yesterday from 5-7:45 pm. Afterward, I felt like CRAP and it's about as close as I've gotten to heat exhaustion yet. Cold shower made me feel better temporary but then I started to get the shivers at dinner. Had a slight tummie ache. I even took some waxi-maize + whey combo right after basketball to get some fuel back into me. Fortunately, I was able to go to bed pretty early.

Did not weigh myself this morning but I was 168.4 after basetball yesterday. Did 1 hour of yoga in the morning which felt GREAT. Started out really stiff but progressive got much better. Then went and workouted in the afternoon for about 80 minutes at fast pace and did reps of 10-15 (mostly 12 reps) for 3-4 sets per machine. It was fun and crazy which helped me sweat up a storm.

From the Maximum Muscle book that I've been reading, he gave an idea of Fat Free Muscle Index (FFMI) which is the maximum muscle that the average person should be able to carry NATURALLY. At my height of 5'7.5'', my max Lean Body Mass (LBM) is only 158 lbs; which means that at 10% bodyfat I should be at 173.8 lbs. He suggests that most people are miscalculating their bodyfat percentage; ie when they think they are 12%, its actually more 20%. This just means that I've been miscalcuating my bodyfat percentage b/c I should not be anywhere near my maximum muscle potential or else I hope not. It is kinda sad to know that I can only get to 170 lbs and 7% bodyfat is my ideal body structure...

Here is to seeing the bar and breaking the record, I will get more LBM.

7/27 Tuesday

Wt in morning = 169.8 lbs
wt after tkb = 171.0

Went to my FIRST TKB (Turbo Kick Box) at 24 HR fitness. Went at about half pace to learn the movement kinda. I suck horribly but it was fun and I have not thrown a punch or kick in a long time; avoided voilence along with quitting other stuff. It was weird to be the ONLY guy in the class. If the girls think that TKB is martial art training, it's not but a good cardio workout with great music. The instructor said that according to her watch, she burns 2,000 calories during the class which last for 1 hour (more like 55 minutes). I HIGHLY doubt that anyone can burn 2,000 calories in one hour; but it is a nice saling point to get people to go to her class, I guess.

I was not surprise by my weight gain and am glad to see that I am still under 170 lbs. Going to try continue my weight lost goal for next couple weeks but not as hardcore or devoided of carbs though, since I am not going to hike Half-dome in Yosemite (no hotel available for rent). Will try to use short burst of excercise to subside the appetite.

Going to try and drink a whole gallon of water for rest of today; already drank like 50 oz but will not include it.

7/29 Wed

wt in morning = 170.2 lbs

no bigge that I am over 170 lbs, feeling bloated. My back is still super sore and I cannot lift my left arm over my head. This dynamic / fast pace workout is crazy and extremely difficult on the muscle; I like it. Go go Workout density.

Did fast pace workout on legs for about 1 hour keeping reps from 10-15 per set except for calves where I went 20-25 reps. This is crazy fun.

7/30

Wt in morning = 169.8 lbs.

Tried to do quick pace bench press + close grip bench for tricep and finished with bicep but wow my body is just worn out. I tried it but not as effective as other 2 days b/c I just workout leg yesterday and my back is actually still SORE from Monday's workout. This dynamic / speed workout is kicking my rear. Loving it. Going lighter weight to help me recover / unload.

Tomorrow, I will try to do 1 hour of yoga to help stretch out the muscle and then it's going to be a long day of moving stuff around and steam cleaning carpet at my mom's house; this is the reason why I lifted today instead of resting and lifting tomorrow.

Will not be able to write journal note until like Sunday nite or so. Until then, have a good weekend and peace.

8/3 Monday

wt = 170.8

Even with all the basketball / working that I did the past week; I felt decent with lifting today. It could be the hugh buffet that I ate after basketball yesterday (~5 full plates of food; mostly protein aka rare sushi). Took some waxi+creatine mono before working out to help the boost. Trying to reduce coffee intake b/c it have a lot of caricenogen.

Workout shoulder mostly with 3 sets of DB curl + shrugs and 5-6 sets of abs crunches. Rating Percieved Excertion (RPE) = 8. I am not sure what I am really doing atm; except resting / deloading. Can't tell if I am gaining muscle or losing fat or what-not but main goal is to deload / restore for another week I guess. Good news is that I've been sleeping like a baby and doing lots of it.

8/5 Wed

Wt in morning = 170.2 lbs

Surprising that I am still 170 lbs considering all the food that I've been eating. The shoulder is recovering decently and probably at 80% recovered, I'd guess. Feel like I want to throw out some really heavy weight again but I know better. Workouted BACK mostly and some tricep/abs/calves (1 machine each). One more week of recover and then decide on what to do next week, either weight lost again or power workout.

8/6 Th

wt in morning = 170.6 lbs

Finished reading Maximum muscle and really interesting. What I learned is that I need to cycle from "light-medium-Heavy-medium-hvy-light-etc" I do need to allow my body to relax and rest instead of pushing it all the time. Being on a weight lost diet is not considered "rest." At least, I don't think so. I am considering going on one of two program after my next diet.

1) Program one:
week(1) Heavy Tu+Th(or F) and rest the rest of the week
week(2) dynamic (m) - light(w)- medium (f)
repeat btw the 2 weeks.

Or the other program is just standard bodybuilding workout (light-hvy-med) (m-w-f)... I will see. On a bright note, the shoulder is recovering nice and I've been eating a ton of fruits (blueberry, rasphberry, and watermelon). Yes, it's a lot of carbs and trying to keep the fat intake low. I cannot want to start lifting "normal" again.

great job reading the whole e book. i am going to finish it soon too. :D i m only half way done. but anyway, good job recovering. i feel for you dude.
im glad to see you are still logging your activity and keeping up the journal. i like seeing what you have to say, and whwat you do at the gym. :]

Thanks a lot PB, Jon. Recovering / de-loading workout is boring to blog about. I went back in the gym and did some deadlift and squats. WTF, I am so backward; my deadlift is by far my weakest lift. I struggled to push out 10 reps of 225 lbs deadlift... omfg. My lower back is super weak b/c I do not perfer to train it and get it strong b/c it would make my waist line look bigger (ya... I know....). Btw, I printed out the book, I cannot stare at a computer screen. I like the book a whole lot; good to see things from a powerlifter's perspective. What do you think about Maxium Muscle?

Back