Funny things you see in the gym

1000 words, 13 periods. I now have a headache.

You probably shouldn't have tried counting them. You know you get dizzy if you have to count above 10 and can't use your fingers anymore

Yesterday there was a man at the gym on the treadmill in satiny dress pants ( picture one of those DoWop groups from the 50's) a dress shirt, dress shoes and suspenders. He was burning it up at about a 1.5 mile pace. He was visited by a younger woman several times who had workout clothes on but also a very obvious wig- it looked like Barbie doll hair and went all the way down to her butt. It was interesting.

Yesterday there was a man at the gym on the treadmill in satiny dress pants ( picture one of those DoWop groups from the 50's) a dress shirt, dress shoes and suspenders. He was burning it up at about a 1.5 mile pace. He was visited by a younger woman several times who had workout clothes on but also a very obvious wig- it looked like Barbie doll hair and went all the way down to her butt. It was interesting.

Awesomeness in its entirety.

Ever since I have started working out in the morning, I notice stupid people at the gym more and more. There is this group of four guys who are all around the 6 ft range and around 145lbs.

Every day, they do the same workout consisting of ab exercises in front of the dumbbell rack, 1/4 squats and chest press. For the three months that I have seen them, they do not increase weight. One guy even did some kind of exercise in the squat rack where he got down on his hands and knees and started moving his legs back and forth with his ass in the air. lol

Today, I was doing a set of heavy squats on a 5x5 routine and missed the last rep. They all looked at me mortified as one of them said, "You probably shouldn't lift that much."

Some people.....:yelrotflmao:

Here is something that didn't happened yet; but I am fearful it might and would be extremely embrassing. During yoga, there are some poses where you are standing upright and bend over with your head between your legs. Since the class is pretty packed now b/c of the new year, people are pretty packed tight. Now, what would happened if you accidently let out a really LOUD fart. The thought of this just broke my concentration several times when I hold these poses.

Another thing, one of my instructor have issues with left and right. Everytime she says left or right, she HAD to look at her hand. Makes me wonder if she wrote the letter "R" and "L" on them. :) She is an amazing yoga instructor though.

Ever since I have started working out in the morning, I notice stupid people at the gym more and more. There is this group of four guys who are all around the 6 ft range and around 145lbs.

Every day, they do the same workout consisting of ab exercises in front of the dumbbell rack, 1/4 squats and chest press. For the three months that I have seen them, they do not increase weight. One guy even did some kind of exercise in the squat rack where he got down on his hands and knees and started moving his legs back and forth with his ass in the air. lol

Today, I was doing a set of heavy squats on a 5x5 routine and missed the last rep. They all looked at me mortified as one of them said, "You probably shouldn't lift that much."

Some people.....:yelrotflmao:

They're training for 'functionality' dummy

And you shouldn't be squating that much weight either. Heavy squating leads to muscular development and why would you want any of those icky muscles?

This is the WORST thing I have seen to date at the gym and I am hoping nothing tops it but I have to share. It's kind of like asking someone to smell the spoiled milk, unnecessary but you want someone else to understand why you just about puked.

So I am at the gym the other evening, finished with my workout and washing my hands and face in the sink room of the locker room. Out of the corner of my eye I see a woman sort of squat between the toilet area and the changing area with her pants around her knees but her panties pulled up. I look over and see her underwear has a wet spot right on the back where her poop shoot is. First assault to my senses...

So now she comes out of the locker room naked. She has a towel draped over the front of her unconditoned and cellulite laden body and the back half is moving and fully viewable to all, she heads to the TV area of the locker room. People do some light workouts in this room with the Barbie dumbbells but generally do not go NAKED into that room as it's right next to the exit and therefore you could be viewed in there. She gets on the phone and loudly talks to someone who seems to be a "love" interest. Ew.They talk for30 seconds she screams " I LOVE YOU" is a gross sweet voice, hangs up the phone and proceeds to DROP THE TOWEL, STAND IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR AND DO VIGOROUS SIDE LEG RAISES. Appalling. It was a car accident.

I let out a yelp I was so shocked and horrified. I didn't want to look but it was so amazing I found myself unable to look away. Some people are like wild animals, aren't they? What makes someone think that would be OKEY DOKEY? Ew. Ew. Ew. and another ew. Blech. I have need some of the blinders that put on horses for that locker room. All this in the span of 90 seconds.

This is the WORST thing I have seen to date at the gym and I am hoping nothing tops it but I have to share. It's kind of like asking someone to smell the spoiled milk, unnecessary but you want someone else to understand why you just about puked.

So I am at the gym the other evening, finished with my workout and washing my hands and face in the sink room of the locker room. Out of the corner of my eye I see a woman sort of squat between the toilet area and the changing area with her pants around her knees but her panties pulled up. I look over and see her underwear has a wet spot right on the back where her poop shoot is. First assault to my senses...

So now she comes out of the locker room naked. She has a towel draped over the front of her unconditoned and cellulite laden body and the back half is moving and fully viewable to all, she heads to the TV area of the locker room. People do some light workouts in this room with the Barbie dumbbells but generally do not go NAKED into that room as it's right next to the exit and therefore you could be viewed in there. She gets on the phone and loudly talks to someone who seems to be a "love" interest. Ew.They talk for30 seconds she screams " I LOVE YOU" is a gross sweet voice, hangs up the phone and proceeds to DROP THE TOWEL, STAND IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR AND DO VIGOROUS SIDE LEG RAISES. Appalling. It was a car accident.

I let out a yelp I was so shocked and horrified. I didn't want to look but it was so amazing I found myself unable to look away. Some people are like wild animals, aren't they? What makes someone think that would be OKEY DOKEY? Ew. Ew. Ew. and another ew. Blech. I have need some of the blinders that put on horses for that locker room. All this in the span of 90 seconds.

Damn I would have been reporting that **** so fast

Wow I read this stuff and it makes me realize just how tame the locker rooms at my gym are o_O The occasional brave soul wanders through in the buff but most of the adult women here in Connecticut are so repressed they're scared to be seen wrapped in less than two towels haha.

Wow, I just had so much fun reading this thread!!!:yelrotflmao:

I love the one where the guy is yelling at his muscles "come on bicep you can do it bicep!!!" hahaha. Keep em coming.

Ill tell you something that i thinks funny and it happens all the time...When people fart with every rep they push with. LOL it never gets old.

Farts for life.

Yeah we were doing a prac in my Cert III course and we were doing the sit up test (how many situps in a minute), and this guy just went all out and was pumping it from the beginning and he let out this huge fart and everyone laughed, I mean it's normal, but we were all cramped in this lecture room and it stank! it was horrible.

This woman came into the gym today, she was a bit 'older', went to the locker room and I assume she put her bag and stuff in, then came out to the abs and stretching area, got a swiss ball, did some squats with it up against the wall, then went back into the locker room, got her bag, and left.

Just buy a swiss ball!!

I saw a guy trying to hit on a good-looking girl the other day. She was mid-rep on the butterfly machine and he was asking for her number! I think she reported him to management. LOL

There's a girl at the gym nicknamed "Boobs" because they're huge and she wears spaghetti strap tanks with NO BRA .. they don't move by the way. But there is glass separating the pool from the weight machines, and when she walks by all the elderly men wading in the pool line up on the side and watch her, mouths gaping. EVERY time she walks by.

Also, I saw a guy with skin tight jeans and cowboy boots, working out. Also, a mullet. Yikes.

There's a girl at the gym nicknamed "Boobs" because they're huge

People can be so original and imaginative!
I remember a girl from school called 'big tits claire'. I think it started off because there were a few Claire's, so if someone said 'which Claire?' the answer would just be 'big tits Claire'. It must be weird for her as eventually she would just get refered to as that as if it were her name, even friends would address her as big tits

At least she was a girl though, my mate Graeme was also called tits which is far worse

Back