Daniel's trip to Hell and back

Hey everyone, been feeling pretty good lately.

Yesterday i ran 7 miles in 55 minutes. I'm going to try and work my way up to a half marathon in the next month or 2. I'm getting pretty pumped.

Today a road a bike for 40 minutes. Pretty easy going but seeing as it's my day off i figured it's no biggy. Gonna swim tomorrow, not looking forward to it.

night

Hey everyone, had a pretty productive day today. Went something like this:

morning
swim
-800 yards, 200 yard cooldown
65 pushups, 65 situps
15 leg levers, 50 flutter kicks, 15 leg levers
45 pushups, 45 situps
side planks and front planks
40 pushups, 40 situps
25 pushups, 25 crunches
25 pushups
200 total pushups

afternoon
tennis practice 2.5 hours
1 hr lift, with 36 pullups & more abs

When I was into martial arts I could do a fair few push ups, I thought three to five sets of 30 was good! Anyhow, I also used to handstand push-ups, give it a crack man!

Just interested is all, keep up the good work mate, and hope you make it into the ARMy (they don't call it the ARM - y) for nothing lol.

lol, thanks for the encouraging words backspace. I'd definately try the handstand pushups if i thought i could balance..

Workout today:
morning
7-8 mile run-54 minutes
4x25 pushups
4x25 situps
2x12 3 way crunches(3 directions)
lots of stretching....

afternoon
tennis practice 2.5 hours (horrible)
airdyne bike 40 minutes

Hey everyone, gettin late. quick post here goes.

morning
1.5 hr full body lift.

afternoon
1 hr tennis practice
pullups 4x8 superset dips 4x10
pushups 4x25 superset situps 4x25
50 flutter kicks(2 count) 15 leg levers 50 flutter kicks(2 count) <-superset
3 way planks
3 way crunches x 12
25 toe touches
swim-
100 y warmup
800 y warmup
25 y with an underwater front flip to start..
75 y cooldown

Thats the last time i do pullups and dips before my swim. Felt like my arms didn't work very well. Made the swim really difficult.

Sorry mate

You do it against a wall! I think you could do okay. I got it from training in martial arts.

It is not that hard, I will have a crack tonight and report back, I think I might be able to push out 5 or 6.

I'll bring my workout folder home after tomorrows lift. Unfortunately it's not really up to me what i do. I work out with my tennis team so everything we do is set up by our trainer.

My workout today:
morning
30 minute stationary bike
6x25 pushups/6x25 situps
3 way planks.

afternoon
2.5 hours tennis practice
40 minutes wind sprints

tomorrow is weights and a swim. i'm looking forward to the swim.

Didn't write yesterdya so i'll try and remember all what i did.

yesterday morning
45 minute lift
4 300 y shuttle sprints

yesterday afternoon
swim:
100 y warmup
800 y swim
2x25 y underwater swims
50 y cooldown
6x6 pullups (wide, close, under)
3x40 pushups
lots of abs..

Todays work
4.5 mile run-33 minutes
4x25 pushups
abs

I read today that muscle endurance is the most important thing in the military. During training they don't make you do lots of pushups in a row, but they do for example 20 pushups every 5 minutes all day. With that in mind i'm going to do less pushups but more sets.

Face away from the wall, just do a handstand against the wall, get your hands level with each other, and slowly come down, using the wall to brace you.

You have been doing heaps of stuff, so you shoul;d be fine, I was training every day in a bunch of martial arts when I used to do them, just as a bit of fun now and again.

Gotya, i'll give it a shot tomorrow. Hopefully i won't break my neck..

Today i just rode a stationary bike for 40 minutes at an easy pace. It's supposed to be my day off but if i don't do something i feel guilty.

Hey everyone, had a lot of energy today and all and all had a good day of working out. Really proud of my pushup, situp, and pullup progress..

morning
30 minute stationary bike
10x20 pushups/10x20 situps
6x6 pullups wide/closed/under (2 each)

afternoon
light lift 45 minutes

I was planning on swimming this morning but the old ladies had water aerobics this morning. As you can imagine i wasn't happy..They had all the lane lines down and were only using about 1/10 of the pool.

Lol, i hope not..I was swimming there the day after.

My workout this morning:
swim-
100 y warmup
500 y freestyle 8:15
4x50 (underwater 25/sprint 25)
250 y freestyle cooldown
10x20 pushups
superset with lots of abs

afternoon
short run.

I got a tournament this weekend so our strength coach is going easy on us. It's annoying but i'll still be getting my personal workouts in.

Hey everyone, had a good workout today. Finally i'm home and about to go to sleep. It's been a loooong day. Two tests this week don't make things any easier. Here was my workout day.

morning
light lift 45 minutes

afternoon
tennis practice 1 hr
7 mile run 54 minutes
ankle rehab
10x20 pushups
10x20 situps
6x6 pullups (wide, closed, under)

Next workout when i do pullups i'm gonna raise it to 6x7. I think i can do it because my last 2 sets are getting easier. The wide grip pullups are the most difficult for me and if i get through those i'm sure i can get all 6 sets.

Gonna be quick, gotta get to bed here.

this morning
swim
100y warmup
500y free
4x50 underwater/sprint
200y warmdown
pushups 40/40/30/30/20/20/10/10
bunch of abs

afternoon
tennis practice 1 hr

Ran 4 miles slowly this morning. Played a match for the tournament and won. Did 10x20 pushups with 10x20 situps. Did 2x6 wide grip pullups, 2x7 closed grip pullups, and 2x7 undergrip pullups. Not a bad day of work considering i had to compete.

Ya, i rest once a week. Sunday i don't do anything at all. It's hard for me to just take a complete day off, i feel guilty really easily. I try to see it the most important day of the week because i know my muscles need the rest.

I did a very slow bike ride today for about 30 minutes. I don't see any harm in that as it's not much more strenuous then walking. I didn't post yesterday so here is what i did.

4 mile run-32 minutes
200 pushups
200 situps
3-way planks

I'm going to do my maxes tomorrow. pushups, situps, and pullups. I'm hoping to see some gains as i haven't maxed in about a month. Even just a 1 rep on my pullups would make me happy.

-Daniel

Back