You're Boring And It's Killing You - Fit Jerk

Think about this, why does your job bore you? Why doesn’t your life have excitement? Why can’t you seem to enjoy things that bring joy to others? Why do you have boring friends? Why do you always get sick? Why does your workout suck? Why doesn’t anyone love you? Why don’t you have the body you want? Why can’t you attract the opposite sex?

My job bores me because it's a job. It's not my career, therefore I could care less about it. I enjoy the simple things in life. I have no friends BECAUSE they were all boring losers. My workout sucks only because it's not instant. My GF loves me and I can still attract the opposite sex, although my heart is spoken for already.

… It’s because you’re BORING. Your life has no fire, no excitement, no passion or direction. You’re playing it too safe, you’re not taking chances or doing things that push you out of your comfort zone. You gladly accept mediocrity instead of demanding higher standards from life itself. You’re scared to ask for more, you’re too weak to stand up for your beliefs and you’re terrified to fight in order to win. You’re a ****y and will forever remain one… Unless today, right now you decide to change.

You sound like a teenager here. Responsibility is driving me to do the things you would consider "boring." I don't go hog wild spending money and going out on the town and drinking my ass off and doing all the things I did when I was younger because I am driven towards my future and starting a family and owning my own house. If these desires make me a boring person, I don't want to be exciting. I'll have all sorts of time to do crazy stuff once I meet my goals and even if I lose that ability to having kids, it's a sacrifice worth making.

THE MISSION: Name one exciting thing you’ve done in the past week in the comments below. If you haven’t, go out and DO something exciting then post. Stop thinking, pondering or procrastinating about it and do it. Make **** happen.

-FitJerk

:ironing: My laundry, the dishes, cleaning my car, taking my GF to the mall, and to the movies to see New Moon, getting dinner and beer and spending the night in a motel with my GF and starting my next semester of auto classes.

My question to YOU, how boring is this? How lame do you think my life is that *this* is the most exciting stuff I've done in my life this week?

I may not be the most fun guy out there or the most motivated guy around, but with all due respect, sir, this is the biggest crock of **** I have wasted my time reading. Glad I did read it at work, so I at least got paid to read it. I think this is a bit of a slap in the face, to be honest.

This is a fitness forum, the people here are at least motivated enough to find out what they need to do to get in shape and feel better about themselves. That to me is the first step in the right direction AWAY from this "boring, lame" life you describe. I'm sure 98% of the people on this forum DO NOT fit this lame boring life you describe and those who do, do not view it as boring. Your idea of a good time might be relying on a series of rubberbands to save your face from going splat into a shallow riverbed, then go ahead and enjoy it. My idea of a good time greatly differs. Relaxing at home with my woman, a bowl of popcorn, a can of soda, a warm blanket and a movie is far, far from boring.

Walk a mile in someone elses shoes before you judge them. It'll make you less of an ass in life.:action13:

Emotional intelligence is when you understand that emotions don't come from external events but rather by how you interpret them.

Also, consciousness is what makes us human, not emotions. Sentience comes solely from consciousness.

fitslug, if you need proof that this is true EI, here it is, from your very own words:

And me sounding like the infomercial dude... haha well I duno if that's a good thing or a bad thing but whatever, I'll take it as a compliment. I would look pretty good on TV if I should say so myself

It could have been taken as criticism but you chose to take is as a compliment. The same can be applied to anything else in your life.

Now, knowing all of this, what can you tell me of people who tell others they are boring based on what they do? Sure you can tell me it's boring, but what you are saying, for real, is that it's boring to you. And if you feel you have the need to tell others what they do is boring to you, it's because you are, possibly, angry or insecure. And when I say you I mean any person, including me.

;)

Change the way you look at life and life will change.

The human mind is truly a priceless gift.

I could choose to interpret your posts as garbage, but for your sake, ill interpret them as humor. Thank you :)

Can I expect to find the same level of intellect on your blog?

Out of Character

A few days ago while walking into my spin class I passed the instructor and said,
"I'm feeling good today, you better bring your A game."
She just smiled and made me regret it during the class. I only mention it because I am normally a pretty quiet person and it was out of character for me to just spout off like that. It did give me a bit of a rush and added a little something to that workout. Overall I think it works to change it up and fight boredom.

Am i the only person who saw Matt's reply?
This guy is funny...lol
see below what he said
"I'm stuck in a routine (aka boring & lame) too. I think the most exciting thing I've done in the past week was today, when I used a staple instead of a paperclip..pure evil lol. Good post though

Matt"

Last edited by a moderator:
Want some excitement?? go to friggin Afghanistan. i guarantee you will get your fill!

Back