workout music

I like to hear songs sung by The Pretty Reckless' Taylor Momsen and Jay sean. These two can actually sing and i am a huge fan of them. during my work outs, their songs boost me up.

Wow people, I think I'm some kinda alien xD why? well, because I DON'T LIKE to listening to music when I work out, I try some times but, I used to start hating the songs my cellphone played u.u My thought was: %&/$% song of $%&/% (for not writing any bad word xD). Maybe this is perhaps I need to concentrate when I weight lifts and music don't allow me that. u.u

I Have Dubba Jonny's filthy Dubstep or awesone DnB when I'm Hyped or Angry.

If Not I usually listen to Assassin's Creed II the Full Soundtrack, it's Wonderful and Relaxing...

[video=youtube;uH1wfrOcvHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH1wfrOcvHg&list=FL7yCr61tpKgfUOI4yedbBOg&index=5&feature=plpp_video[/video]

(weird variety of music)
favourites on my gym playlist are:
- kashmir- led zeppelin
- the ocean - led zeppelin
- till i collapse - eminem ( always, actually really motivating)
- The point of no return - Immortal technique
- harder, better, faster, stronger( deadmau5 remix)
- boom boom pow remix ft kid cudi, busta rhymes, gucci mane
- down with the sickness - distured
- word up - korn
- juicy - biggie smalls
- cowboys from hell, and walk by pantera
- master of puppets - metallica
- RUSH (pretty much anything by them <3)
- bawitdaba - kid rock
- the watcher dr.dre
- the recipe - dr.dre & kendrick lamar
- stairway to heaven - led zeppelin
& plenty more :)

Being a delightlfully pleasant person I train on aggression so listen to the heavy and often offensive rock or metal.
This covers me from weight traing to commuter cycling and comes with a bit of a risk when mouthing the words in public, and the facil expressions are less than friendly when absorbed in such music.
An example to see who knows the song, if you can't guess what fork is in the tune, ask a grown up, if you are a grown up ask a teenager. 'I deserve a reward, cos I'm the best fork that you ever had.'
Looks as though many here liisten to similar tunes so shouldn't be too hard.
Hard and heavy music is good for hard and heavy training, and I am too stupid to be moderate.

Other day I tried working out with no music for once. It was so weird no homo...

But it was cool after all, and it's not as if it really makes THAT much difference in my opinion, it's just nice to have it in the background I guess, maybe it's better as you don't hear yourself struggling/breathing hard?

LoL tonight I might try again :p

I can train without music, and it doesn't make a huge difference as you said. However I prefer to have music if I can, just more enjoyable.
My intro to training was distance running and as Iron Maiden said there is loneliness in the long distance runner, and music helped me maintain a semblem of sanity.

I can train without music, and it doesn't make a huge difference as you said. However I prefer to have music if I can, just more enjoyable.
My intro to training was distance running and as Iron Maiden said there is loneliness in the long distance runner, and music helped me maintain a semblem of sanity.

:)

To me Loneliness and Solitude is the path of a Strong Soul.

:)

To me Loneliness and Solitude is the path of a Strong Soul.

I can understand that one. Times of contemplation and solitude have their value. Spent several weeks nature watching and walking alone when I was younger. Nowadays I have family and they mean to much to seek out time without them.
I compare myself to a wolf in two ways. I can survive alone but choose not to, and have the stamina to complete something once I start. Keeping to the music theme I suppose a third could be 'and i'm hungry like a wolf' too, but that would suck for training music.
I do tend to use music to block out the world when I am training though and it does work. This is especially useful for me as I train at least in part to release aggression and it's probably best that others don't bear the brunt of my mental state when doing so.

I can understand that one. Times of contemplation and solitude have their value. Spent several weeks nature watching and walking alone when I was younger. Nowadays I have family and they mean to much to seek out time without them.
I compare myself to a wolf in two ways. I can survive alone but choose not to, and have the stamina to complete something once I start. Keeping to the music theme I suppose a third could be 'and i'm hungry like a wolf' too, but that would suck for training music.
I do tend to use music to block out the world when I am training though and it does work. This is especially useful for me as I train at least in part to release aggression and it's probably best that others don't bear the brunt of my mental state when doing so.

Man, I feel ya, loved your post man. Same goes for me, about the music and working out, only difference is I don't see any other reason not to be alone anymore.

Man, I feel ya, loved your post man. Same goes for me, about the music and working out, only difference is I don't see any other reason not to be alone anymore.

Fair enough. I was happy alone, but now couldn't think of anything worse. Not because my solitary life was bad, just because I have the good fortune to have a wife and son I love and couldn't bear to be without. The rest of the world can go hang of course, but they are important.
Be happy first and foremost. People will hassle you about going to find someone special and if you are looking you will not find them. The happiest people in relationships weren't looking for one, they were enjoying their life alone. If you find someone who changes your mind, great, if not you're already happy, win, win.
My wife is into weights and heavy metal as well, which is cool. My son likes the metal but knows the weights re off limits for some years yet, though I do see him wanting to do so. His current ambitions in life are to be happily married, cute, and really big, less cute. At 9 years old he is only a couple of inches shorter than I left school at. I was small, he sure as heck won't be, and he has the bredth and width to go with the height, something he gets from mum not me.

It's Great to read your words Sir, and I appreciate and enjoy the chat, Thankyou.
You're right about some things, like finding someone when you're not searching. But no matter what condition I found someone, or was found by someone, it never, ever once worked out. And it never will. And if you want to believe me, trust me, I'm not just saying this in a depressed mood, I am 100% sure of what I say. So now life is kind of like, just living for no reason, I only eat to build muscle and sleep enough to recover from workout correctly, if I ever find a chance to Die for something worth it besides me suiciding, even tomorrow morning, God, I won't hesitate to be honest man.

I wish you all the best, you and your Lovely family, God bless yall.

Last edited:
My Favourite record right now... Magic Tune.

[video=youtube;m4371atJyaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4371atJyaA[/video]

Famas

Having been brought up in a military town and having been excessively into dangerous sports when younger I have been and seen others in your mindset. While this is not true of all and I refuse to preach false hope it is not uncommon for people to find the best things to live for while not caring if they live or die.
I found good friends and confidence I could never have dreamed of before. Average 'relationsip' spanned hours or days, but I didn't care as I would be in a differnt place the next day. I saw the world as I could never have dreamed and learned the dark and light all around me. I saw how much BS I had been brought up and conditioned to believe about the evils of other nations and the purity of mine, and came to see we are all full to the bring of the wonderous and horrendous desires and beliefs.
I saw how much of an ahole I was and what needed to be done about it, though the process is still incomplete, and that a good deed to another tends to come back to help you when you need it, so being helpful and considerate to others can actually be selfish in it's own right, but is still very worthwhile.
I have traveled with virtually nothing making me see life at it's worst and best, and loved it.
At the end of all this I realised that living like there was no tomorrow had made me glad there would be. For the record I am not religious and if you want to see the closest to what I hope to be an afterlife, watch the film Powder. Subsequently I live for this life, not another, and hard as it is I enjoy it enough to consider it worthwhile. I work long hours to provide a life for my son, and he has a good life, and is becoming someone incredible before my eyes, better than me in everyway. That is the most rewarding thing I have ever done, even though I know everything I do is preparing for the day when he leaves me behind to live his own life.
My training is my selfish pleasure, no-one benefits from it as much as I do and I make the most of it. I hate myself when I train, I will never be strong enough, fast enough, precise enough etc. but somehow that adds to the pleasure and only other trainers would understand.

I will check out your tune wehn I am using a PC with a sound card capable of more than an annoying beep, which I have switched off too many times to count, but comes back with several updates.

Famas
Your music is a lot more mellow than most of mine. Good though for the times you need to chill and separate. My calmer times are usually listening to some mellow classical, Carl Orff Carmina Burana being a favourite for times to simply lay back and be taken over.
My training is full of fire and my music often aggressive and sometimes abusive. There is a Nickelback tune Just For that makes me think of my father in law. It has helped me lift more than my body should a few times, if it comes on while I am cycling home, it is not the time to carve me up. Not massively high energy, but the lyrics define how I feel near perfectly toward the man who hurt someone I love and why I am glad I don't have to see him again.
This is part of why I train at home, so this can be in the background and no-one gets offended by my expression of pure unadulterated hatred, most don't realise it's not aimed at them. One gym asked me to leave for the way I made others there feel, totally by accident. I was civil before and after training but between each set I would walk to the water fountain still full of self-aimed frustration at not doing enough, then back full of anger and fury ready for the next set. Never said a word to anyone during this time, but the gym was for those prettier and more moderate than me who were apparently scared by my insular and angry manner, the silence just made it worse.
Aggression never goes away, you either channel it to control it or it controls you.

[video=youtube;aaMZ-PfRPLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaMZ-PfRPLo&list=PLVREtzL9THlaCyGDfRO2Iye0qKdlMS_HI&index=9[/video]

Listening to a bit of Metallica.
For anyone who thinks metal is all about encouraging violence or doesn't understand how being pacifist can often mean being angry, watch the full video for the song One.
The line that hits me hardest is an extract from the film version Johnny get your gun 'For the sake of democracy, any man would give his only gotten son.' I obviously wouldn't.
Those offended by anti-war fiction that's close to fact, would hate it, that's why the book was banned for a while. Anyone not affected by it would have to be inhuman.

Back