Why are people choosing the Keto diet?

Montreh

I can’t speak for everyone, but it’s mostly because it works, to be frank. Myself and many others have found keto is simply better for most people’s life goals and lifestyles.

Let’s look at a few examples:

• -Weight loss​

-Energy levels​

-Hunger regulation​

-Health benefits​

Most people hear about keto because of its weight-loss qualities. The reason why keto works so well is that our bodies are, at their core, fat-adapted.

The standard American diet is packed full of processed carbohydrates.

That disrupts your body’s natural weight regulation. It causes your body to overproduce insulin, which stops your body from burning fat and makes you highly dependent on sugar for energy.

This is also why your energy and hunger levels are so much better on keto. When your diet is high-carb, your body can’t use your fat reserves for energy. It is utterly dependent on carbohydrates and sugars, and so it makes you hungry.

All of your energy comes from outside your body, not inside.

Keto has many underreported health benefits. Doctors used to think fat was to blame for every problem under the sun. Thankfully, they’ve slowly come around to the idea that sugar is actually to blame.

I tried a couple of diet plans, but only one worked for me, the Spam Link Removed

They give you:

-An eight-week meal plan

-Meals that are based on personal food preferences to make your diet enjoyable and help you stay on track with your plan.

-Detailed recipes with step-by-step instructions to make meal preparation super simple (no prior cooking experience needed).

And the list goes on...

So, in fact, keto pretty much covers everything you’d want from a diet. What’s not to like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy answer
Cause this is the most popular diet in the world
Is it? I wonder what sources you used to come to that conclusion. And while you're at it I'd like to see some evidence for your implied claim that people automatically follow what's popular, regardless of merit. Because you seem to be saying that keto has no merit beyond popularity. Since you're a new member do note that you can only tell us what the studies are called, who the authors were, and in which peer-reviewed journal they were published, no posting links.

I clearly have a more positive view of keto than you do: I think it works if you can keep it up. The problem is that most people aren't willing to go THAT low on carbs for the rest of their lives - and of course if you go back to the "normal" way of eating that got you fat in the first place you'll get fat again. Possibly more than before if you missed carbs so much you start to binge on them once you reach goal. Come to think of it: in all the years I've been aware of the keto diet existing Trusylver here has been the only person I've known who stuck with it long-term.

I haven't personally followed the keto diet myself since as a bodybuilder I care about eating enough carbs. I agree with LaMaria that the best diet is the one you can stick to it in the long run. Otherwise, you'll encounter weight coming back once you're off the diet you've followed.

It's interesting to read the real reviews of other people, as I'm still not sure if this will suit me. I think it will work if you do it all the time instead of trying it for a week, it didn't work, and you eat again like before. I do not like what it limits in many ways.

It's interesting to read the real reviews of other people, as I'm still not sure if this will suit me. I think it will work if you do it all the time instead of trying it for a week, it didn't work, and you eat again like before. I do not like what it limits in many ways.

you are right, it is not for everybody and it needs to be a long term commitment, there is almost always a big drop in weight the first week, however it is not fat, it is water weight. It also take time for the body to fully adapt to burning fat for energy. It is this adaption period when people will feel weak and lack energy, however keeping up electrolytes can mitigate this problem. I have been keto for a long time now, staring before becoming a National lifting champion. I also know a few ultra marathon runner who once adapted describe having lot of energy to finish and win races but as someone who hates running, it is something I have no personal experience of.

Back