Whisper's Diary

She did go outside and was out for over an hour. It is a little warmer today although it doesnt feel much like it. She is drinking really good.
That's good to hear.
I went out and worked on some limbs. Got about 95% over the fence. I can put them over the other fence and on the curb starting tomorrow
Great job! As much as I'd like global warming to slow down I wish you a mild winter so you can be outside more.

I know how much my dog loves going out for a walk on a lead & I thought it might brighten up her life. I’m glad she’s drinking well. Well done working on those limbs, Tom.

The dog has taken a turn for the worse. My sister took her to an emergency vet and the vet said she looks like she is dying. We are just heart broken. Right on the heels of my dad. I am waiting on a phone call to see what will be next. They are running a lot of tests. We need to win the lottery. Surely, something good can still happen.

Oh no! Poor doggo, and poor you guys.

Well the results are in. She had leukemia and obstructions in her intestines. She can't eat on her own. The only thing that could have been done was to put her in the hospital with no guarantees. So my sister had to put her down. She will be cremated. What a life.

What a life? Looking for a better day....

Well I was hungry this morning. I had:

1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1 piece of toast with butter
1 fried egg
2 pieces of small sausage

I went to the store yesterday with my sister. Wow. Just Wow. You need 12 jobs to buy a piece of bread. Things are way so much more expensive. I'll be cooking some spaghetti today. It's cheap per se. I only use 1/2 pound of turkey and a thing of pasta so it makes about 8-10 servings for me. It's not the best but gotta do what we gotta do right now.

I sold some football cards and one autograph baseball signature for a whopping $15 yesterday. Ugh. I was hoping for at least $50. On pick 3 lottery, I won 4 times yesterday on paper (well excel). I bought a couple of numbers last night for real with real money but didn't win. Isn't that the way it goes???????

To cut cost we are changing internet providers. the one now is around $175 a month and that includes cable tv which hasn't worked in a long while. New service is internet only for about $59 a month so definitely a win-win on that.

When my older brother moved out, the electricity dropped $60 a month. My dad wanted every light in the house on plus his tv 24-7 because he couldn't see, so it should drop a lot more. My brother is blaming us for everything of course. But he supposedly lived here 10 years. I guarantee you he didn't do squat or paid for squat. I am so tired of this.

So I'm trying to get my mind on other things....try and live...that sort of thing.

Yesterday, I wrote down all of the plant stuff my sister bought and looked at the instructions for planting and so forth. Most of them say from Mid Feb to Sep, while a few like basil say Mid Feb to Jun. Problem is that it is still cold at times. Friday's low is supposed to be below freezing. So we are in that up and down category.

Last night it rained cats and dogs and today is mostly the same so I'm doing indoor activities. The roof leaks everywhere. I don't want to hear how great they were when they lived here. I am a total idiot to them, but I know better. Their idea of caring is how much they can use someone and get away with it. All they have to do is blame someone else.

I like to write or at least have the idea I like to write. Today, I am going to watch a vid or two on AI helping to write a novel. I've written a couple of throw-away novels before and like to write something with more substance. So I'm going to give that a whirl. Worst, it will help me get things organized a little better maybe? It will be original for me as far as ideas, characters, plot, etc. This is just an experiment. More than likely I'll either end of tossing it or rewriting the entire thing.

Anyway, small goals today.

A creative outlet is always a win, so go you! Things like basil can't handle any frost so if you're going to sow/plant it already it has to be in pots you can bring inside on cold nights. Here you can't really plant outside until mid May.

So I'm trying to get my mind on other things....try and live...that sort of thing.
That's the attitude! I think life must get better for you & it sounds like you are thinking of ways forward. Writing will be a good outlet. Is there a space in the house where you can look after plants & move them out when the weather warms up?

>Llama - A creative outlet is always a win, so go you! Things like basil can't handle any frost so if you're going to sow/plant it already it >has to be in pots you can bring inside on cold nights. Here you can't really plant outside until mid May.

>Cate - That's the attitude! I think life must get better for you & it sounds like you are thinking of ways forward. Writing will be a good >outlet. Is there a space in the house where you can look after plants & move them out when the weather warms up?

I don't know how to quote two different posts so created my own. The way we are planning on planting so far is to use pots indoors. My sister bought starter kits. Not sure how good they will be, but it's a start.

The problem is that it isn't really all that warm inside. We taped up some holes and windows, but then all the drama started and it's been really rainy so that "dampers" outdoor activities. Indoors, even yesterday while I was cooking in the kitchen, I could see my breath as I breathed out. When I sleep I use a fleece blanket, then a comforter, then another fleece blanket on top of that. I also sleep in my clothes - wool socks, pants or sweats, t-shirt, and hoodie, and / or a sweatshirt. These say it should be about 68F. It's going to be a while before that happens. So the trick is waiting long enough to warm up, but still have time to plant and hopefully harvest.

Again, we don't know much. We're just trying to get something going.

On my projects yesterday:

Pick 3 Lottery. I won on paper again, but last night I went to the store and bought a couple of tickets and while really close again, lost.

Writing - the website was down so I didn't get anything done. I also read that amazon was banning the use of AI for books. don't know if true, but I wasn't planning on using AI to write it anyway. I'm just using it to make the organization process a little easier. I have a blurb of what the book is about. I'm going to flesh it out more today. I also came up with some other ideas. I need to come up with a detailed chapter description. I find this process way better than the actual writing part.

I don't think we get rain today. The high is going to be in the mid 50sF so I should get a walk in or two.

We did change internet providers yesterday and that looks like a success so the other one should be cut off today. I need to pay car insurance.

It rained a lot the past couple of days. Here is a pond that showed up in the back part of the lot the past couple of days. I thought I saw a bass jump at one point.

Attachments

• 20230209_090403b.jpg
    20230209_090403b.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 1
That sounds annoying but it looks pretty!
Generally as long as you don't get close to freezing the only effect of lower temperatures for plants is that they grow very slowly. The bigger problem inside is generally lack of light.

That sounds annoying but it looks pretty!
Generally as long as you don't get close to freezing the only effect of lower temperatures for plants is that they grow very slowly. The bigger problem inside is generally lack of light.
Yeah due to using heavy curtains to try and block the wind, it is generally dark in here.

I agree with LaMa. It's probably best to wait another month to plant the seeds.
You are sounding a bit better, Tom & looking at ways forward. I hope you get out for a couple of walks :grouphug:

It's cold today. Yesterday was about 55-60F and today it will be around 45F. I did go for a walk 3 times yesterday. Today, it will depend. I woke up about 3am and it was raining. I wasn't expecting that. So we'll see how it goes.

We're still working on trying to do things to move forward. I didn't write yesterday at all. I did got to the AI website but it was busy so didn't do anything. I put some ice trays in the fridge. That may not sound like much, but we haven't had ice trays in the 6 years that I have lived in this house. My sister said she wanted some ice and bought some trays so I filled them up.

My sister was supposed to call and cancel cable company and do income tax. However, on the way home, her brake line burst in her car. She was going to come straight home, but I persuaded her to go straight to a mechanic, which she did. Her brake fluid was spilling out and was about half gone when she got there, all the while not having much brake pressure at all. She made $261 in tips yesterday. She is a food delivery driver. The brakes cost $252. Today she has a delivery for a potential $200 tip. I was afraid if she had come home first, she needed to go to the restroom, that the brakes would fell completely and then she wouldn't have the ability to go anywhere or to work this morning. I'm glad she went straight there and took care of it. It is always something. I'm trying to think things through to make it better for all of us.

I ate horrible yesterday. I was just eating to eat. That's not a good thing. Stress eating at it's finest.

I need to work on mirror defense. Every time I am attacked, put the mirror up and have it reflect right back at the person. It's amazing how people are these days. So if someone accuses you of something, more than likely it is what they are doing. Ugh. It's all so stupid.

Well I didn't get out as many limbs this week due to the rain and so forth, but I did manage some. I noticed this morning that the grass is getting kind of bushy so I need to mow either today or tomorrow. It is supposed to rain on Tuesday. More than likely it will be tomorrow.

Yesterday, my sister got a call from the vet. She can go and pick up her dog's urn. I will go with her. Also, I reminded her to turn off the cable company yesterday which she did. The sick part. She has been paying for cable TV for several years even though her file is marked no TV. They've charged her the entire time. The lady she talked to said "If you decided to come back." Why would she? She should get a refund. I have anger issues about the unfairness of everything especially when it comes to my sister lol. I know.

I did manage to use the A.I. a little bit yesterday for writing. It is interesting. I'm going to see if I can do some substance today. I'm trying to work on my cyberpunk novel. At any rate, I need to write down all of the new ideas that I've gotten over the last couple of days before I forget everything or something comes along to try and stop the process.

I'm still sleeping horrible. I need to workout. That will help muscle tension. I'm still walking quite a bit. At least, 2 to 3 times a day. That helps some.

Gonna go and make breakfast for my sister and nephew. Y'all have a great day/night!

I have anger issues about the unfairness of everything especially when it comes to my sister
That makes sense given that she seems to be the only person who treats you decently. Decent people getting mistreated feels all the more unfair.

Good job getting some walking in regardless of all that's happened!

Back