Whisper's Diary

Hey Tom, I hope you are at the bottom and headed up from here. I know how you feel, I am not happy about my weight gains, just trying to focus on doing the right thing day by day now, like you. Easier said than done... I know.

It doesn't really, you can do it today! I am trying as well.

Yep, just not fair, but its life. Dealing with it one day at a time is all we can do.

Yep, remember that! You will be fine.

Hope your father feels better soon. What's ailing him?

He had issues again this morning - 3AM. My nephew woke me up again around 5am. I watch him all during the day and my nephew stays up and checks on him during the night. When he gets up he feels faint. His color looks good. He isn't running a temperature or anything like that. He says he feels okay other than his head feeling loopy. I ask him if he wants to go to the hospital and he declined. We're just trying to make sure he is eating and drinking regularly. He's been eating really good this past week, but I don't think he is drinking enough. My sister made him a glass of water last night and it hasn't been touched. I explained the importance of him drinking enough water. He doesn't look pale or flushed or anything, no pain or sick at his stomach. He's stubborn. I know my sister when she was dehydrated (because of period twice, sorry for info), she had hallucinations even and felt faint and stuff.

But at the same time, my sister and I are susceptible to weather change especially this time of year. We just had a shift from hot temps down to much cooler ones. I tend toward vertigo and have for the past 7 years and take meclizine as needed. My sister was acting funny the other day at work and a new manager asked if she was on drugs. LOL. She doesn't take anything. But this time of year is bad. Ragweed is bad. This was a headline on September 21, 2021

"Yes, Your Allergies Are Probably Acting Up As DFW Ranks At Top Of Worst Cities For Pollen"​

I have tinnitus and my ears are ringing super loud this morning and that's normally a sign when I get close to vertigo so it's so hard to tell. I don't know that my dad is effected this way or not. I never thought before, but then again I never had vertigo issues until 7 years ago so. My sister and I took after our mom. My mom had really bad allergy issues and so forth. My dad never seemed to have those same problems. He's been one of those people who rarely get sick.

My dad tends to be loosey goosey in his bathroom habits so he's learning toward hydration issues regardless.

Me, I'm nervous and panicking sitting here. I've had these issues my entire life. That's one of the reasons why I wanted to lose weight to help control the symptoms so I wouldn't worry so much. When I moved here, I had just lost 5 people that I was extremely close to in a 9 month period as well as losing my job of 34 years. I'm nearly 57, but I still don't feel ready for the future lol.

Winning the lottery would help.

LaMaria

I always say if I was lucky enough to win big in the lottery I'd be lucky enough to get the winning ticket gifted to me as well. If your dad doesn't drink well could you maybe give him more liquids through his food? Adding or thinning out soups and such can sometimes be helpful.

I always say if I was lucky enough to win big in the lottery I'd be lucky enough to get the winning ticket gifted to me as well. If your dad doesn't drink well could you maybe give him more liquids through his food? Adding or thinning out soups and such can sometimes be helpful.

Yup most definitely can try that. He's drank one bottle of water so far. I'm trying to get him to at least drink 2 more. that'd put him up around the 50 oz mark.

alligatorob

Respected Member
That's one of the reasons why I wanted to lose weight to help control the symptoms so I wouldn't worry so much.
I have found that losing weight helps with some things, but not everything. I have had tinnitus most all my life, losing weight made no difference. The biggest improvements I find with weight loss are mobility and reduction in aches and pains, though my bottom is not so comfortable to sit on now. A cushion helps.
I'm nearly 57, but I still don't feel ready for the future lol.
I'm older than you and no more ready!
Winning the lottery would help.
Me too, but it would have to be that special lottery for those who never buy a ticket...

Keep at it Tom, you have made progress with your weight and can continue to. It won't solve all problems, but it will make your life better. And as you know from my diary I struggle with this also. I think most of us do. Just keep on trying and things, some of them anyway, will get better!

I have found that losing weight helps with some things, but not everything. I have had tinnitus most all my life, losing weight made no difference. The biggest improvements I find with weight loss are mobility and reduction in aches and pains, though my bottom is not so comfortable to sit on now. A cushion helps.

I'm older than you and no more ready!

Me too, but it would have to be that special lottery for those who never buy a ticket...

Keep at it Tom, you have made progress with your weight and can continue to. It won't solve all problems, but it will make your life better. And as you know from my diary I struggle with this also. I think most of us do. Just keep on trying and things, some of them anyway, will get better!

I have had tinnitus most of my life too as far as I can remember. It never goes away and I don't think about it much. Some days are worse than others. In the past month or two, my dad and my sister started getting it. My sister's comes and goes and my dad has had it the last week. So it's unusual for them, but not for me. I've tried "exercises" and stuff like that before. If it goes away, it goes, but if doesn't, it doesn't. I really don't care either way. I'm used to it.

Cate

Support crew
Hi, Tom. I'm sorry you're struggling with your Dad. I'm glad you have some support from your nephew. LaMa's suggestion of adding extra water to food is good. Does your Dad like fruit? Watermelon would be good.
From https://www.sharp.com/health-news/eat-your-water.cfm
"Fruits and vegetables that are high in water content include:
  • Melons such as watermelon, honeydew or cantaloupe
  • Strawberries
  • Pineapple
  • Peaches
  • Oranges
  • Bell peppers
  • Broccoli
  • Celery
  • Cucumbers
  • Lettuce