What I saw during my walk today

i suppose on a scale of 1 to 10 where Taco Bell is a zero, Don Tommy's is as close to a 10 as i've seen. no table service with a big menu behind the counter is my only criteria for FF... i also think the sign might have had a better design as i believe it should read, "Hand Made Flour Tortillas"... still a good "sign"... :)

first time out for a walk since my foot surgery... got a lot of catching up to do...!

IMG_0357.JPG
when i see something like this in retrospect i should probably consider how nice it is to live in a relatively large city and still find something like this parked on the street with not much fear of coming back to find it jacked up with the tires gone.

IMG_0358.JPG
something is always blooming in SoCal.... :)

Lovely! I'll have to see what I see next time I'm out. :)

(I meant the jasmine, but the car is pretty good, too. What make is it?)

:smilielol5: No, this unlearned woman wasn't kidding - and I'm glad to know now what a car I'm sure I've heard about in movies etc looks like! :D

Walking is a fantastic form of exercise during your weight loss journey, and many people like to take pictures of locations and things seen while out walking, so this thread is for showing off those pics while you were out getting some great exercise.
This is a great idea. I walk all the time and will post on on my walk tomorrow

This wasn't from my walk this morning; it was a walk last Sunday, around big trees and places run to seed on the edge of town, where I found someone’s beginning of a secret vegetable garden – peas or beans I suppose. I didn’t go close, because I didn’t want them to think someone had been poking about.

1583367974631.png

funny... that's the same question my nephew, the National Park Ranger & avid birder, asked.

these guys are so used to the pedestrian traffic on the pier, they're slightly fearless. plus i think they're aware of their size. i've seen a few snap at people who get too close. what you also don't see is the fisherman off to the left who threw a fish over to this scavenger a few minutes before.

it was an amazingly low tide yesterday...
IMG_0429.JPG

i don't think i've ever see so much of the shore bed before.

88360906_10221471760372103_6321096617281716224_o.jpg

Swamp Banksia, in the swamp at Uni in the pouring rain, 2 hours of botany and bird identification

Great picture, you live in a beautiful place!

Back