weightloss advise 10 years after gastric bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

meliss

I had gastric bypass 10 years ago and am still only able to eat a little bit more then I was post surgery. 5 years ago I had some health complications and was put on a medication that made me gain a bunch of weight in a short period of time. I got discouraged by the weight gain and fell off track and just kind of avoided it until recently. I have been going to the gym with a personal trainer 3 times per week and walk at a brisk pace with my dog every night for anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour. I have dropped 15 total inches, but only lost 3 pounds. I am finding myself becoming discouraged again.

I am looking for advise from folks who are years out from bariatric surgery, who eat pretty healthy (I don't calorie count, but I make a lot of my own food using quinoa, hard boiled eggs, roasted veggies. I snack on cheese and low carb crackers) I only eat maybe 2 times per day because I typically do not usually have an appetite and find myself forcing myself to eat (its a social activity for me, if I'm alone I don't even think about eating). My trainer believes I'm not getting enough calories which is why I'm not losing much weight.

Thank you in advance!

(**edit, title should read weight loss advice :) oops!**)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back