Weight-loss Questions...

Hi, I've got a few questions if anyone can help, would greatly appreciate it :)

I'm new to exercising, not really new but trying to do it more seriosly now instead of every now and then....

Well my questions are....

1. I'm 110 and 5'2, I'm not really over weight (I don't think), I'm petite and I'm skinny but I want to lose some weight around my buns, theighs, and lovehandles/tummy area....

Are pilates right for me?

Is their a more effective way other than pilates to lose this weight?

If I stop eating junk food all togather and just eat healthy food will I lose this weight?

I don't want to lose any weight I need and I want to be healthy still. I like to walk and run in the evenings and I talk the baby I babysit on walks during the mornings, I know this can't be enough though.

I just want to tone up and lose some weight in my mid-section/buns.... I need help lol :)

Any suggestions/help?

losing weight is really just a matter of burning more calories than you consume. each meal should consist of complete proteins, complex carbs and health fats. small meals should be eaten roughly every 3 hours. a steady stream of nutrients will keep your metabolism chugging along.

i'm not familiar with pilates but most ppl do run to help burn more calories. one idea that many use is HIIT (high intensity interval training). thats simply going all out then taking it down a notch then repeating a number of times.

another item that helps is weight training. this helps to burn calories and to maintain lean muscle. when you lose weight, you want it to be bodyfat.

hope this helps in some way. :)

Back