Weight Loss Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Exercise and Yoga are the best practices to lose weight...

I don’t know what your current condition might be, but I’d definitely say that cutting out the sugary drinks and improving your diet is the first step. Since you have trouble getting to the gym, there are a few good websites you can go to, to help you create a workout regime that works for you. There’s a list of a few here: go try a couple.

Hi, I am also a newbie here and a mom. My advice in losing weight is to cut on too much fatty foods and have some good exercises that will make you enjoy while staying fit. My usual style is in a form of dancing through the so called Dance Craze Game at Xbox 360 kinect. You may to try it too:)

***apologies***
don't mean to tailgate I just need some direction on how to post my own thread? TIA :)
*blushes & backs out of thread*

Sorry to hear about your weight gaining woes. Changing work/sleep patterns can definitely cause a large fluctuation in weight especially if there is a lack of control over snacks and drinks. One of the first things you should do is change the types of food you're eating. I know that may be a difficult thing, but remember, you DON'T want to gain more weight right? It's time to ditch the sugary drinks and switch to water. There are also other 0 calorie beverages you can look into if water is not for you, but give it a try and maybe you'll even suprise yourself. I have a bottle of water with me at all times and usually will drink 6-10 glasses a day for a total of 0 calories. I could just imagine what 6-10 glasses of soda would do - 900-1,500 calories in beverages alone!

Another important habit to develop is to take pre-portioned food with you to work so you aren't relying on vending machines or take-out. Plastic travel containers should become your best friend. Buy them in various sizes so that after cooking at home (cook extra too so there's lots leftover) simply portion your meals appropriately into the containers then toss in the frig or the freezer for a later date. Don't forget to pack yourself a couple healthy snacks. Fruit slices, yogurt with granola, raisins with almonds, even celery with some peanut butter all taste great and when chased with a large glass of water, should curb any hunger craving in between meals.
After all your healthy eating for the day, exercising on your stationary bike at a moderate effort will burn 426 calories every 30 minutes so try to do that 3-5 times per week along with the weights you purchased. Just be sure after working out you don't "reward" yourself with a soda or potato chips :)

Drinking a lot of water is so key! It will also make your skin look fantastic as well :) Is anyone still struggling for motivation? I read a great book recently called The Miracle Morning by Hal Elron, some GREAT motivation there for all aspects of life really!

I am back to running now...did my first full 5k this morning! But I am four months post op...for ten or twelve weeks, I was limited to very light exercise and if you are used to five mile runs, the calorie burn from walking isn't what you're used to

Well thanks for the reply.

I have started to eat healthier. Well eating less than I usually do and have cut out all the crap like take-aways, pizza's, Coca Cola.

I just need to know for sure about the exercise as I don't want to start something see no results and then give up and become 2 stone fatter in a matter of months. I really need that helpful advice. Losing weight on the stomach and the thighs/butt is really important to me. I just need the exercise regime to do that and lose as many pounds/stones within the next few months. Then continue to eat healthily and exercise to maintain that weight.

Help would once again be great.

the secret to weight lose is to push yourself for example if you could bicep curl 10kg then scrap that and grab 2 kg more than you can handle and trust me you'll see results.

the secret to weight lose is to push yourself for example if you could bicep curl 10kg then scrap that and grab 2 kg more than you can handle and trust me you'll see results.

The secret is there is no secret, advice like this is more likely to cause injury rather than help with weight loss. You have no idea about the ability, health problems or injury history of the members being advised here. The original post is from 2013 and the poster has not been on the forum since that post was made.

Reactions: PLB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back