Weight Loss + Health Conditions Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLB

We've started this forum to help centralize some of the discussions out there that people are having regarding weight loss and those often complicating factors such as Type 1 or 2 diabetes, PCOS, fibromyalgia, etc.

*This is absolutely NOT a place to give out medical advice. Just like the rest of the Weight Loss forum, it is a place to share personal experiences and high-quality information.

*Any information that you find here should NEVER replace the advice of your medical doctor or healthcare team.

*The same rules as the rest of the forum apply regarding spamming, linking, and insulting other members

There is a sub-forum started for Type 2 diabetes as this is a common condition related to those that are overweight.

For now, start a thread with the Health Condition in the Title, so that others know what the thread is about. Commonly discussed conditions will likely be made into sub-forums in the future.

We live in an information overloaded society. There has not been a moment in history when information has been this available, right at our fingertips. By typing one simple phrase, we now get hundreds, thousands, sometimes even millions of answers to our most desired questions. And now it seems, because of the abundance of information available to us, that a lot of us are confused.
Just a thought:
1. Eat REAL Food.
2. Live Life Actively.
3. Get outside.
4. Constantly strive to improve in order to see change.
5. Get some sleep.
6. Practice Active Recovery .
7. Use Natural Movements.

By just living with these 7 rules in mind, you’re sure to become a healthier, happier and more fulfilling life.

Then tell me if they do work :)

Growth Hormone Deficiency

I had a brain tumor for 10 years which ment that everytime i did any physical activity i would get a head ache and stop. This ment that i never did alot of excercise when i was younger because it hurt.

Because of my tumor i now have Growth Hormone Deficiency which i take injections for. I have recently put on alot of weight which means i have gone up 2 dress sizes and it is noticable which is depressing me lots! my boyfriend has noticed it and mentioned it too me which upset me and caused an arguement.

The thing is because of my hormone deficiency it means that i am always tired and i am very weak. It is very difficult for me to do excercise because i have not done it all my life and i dont have the stength to do much or the motivation.

But i need to loose weight because i am very unhappy and emotional and i do not want to keep putting on the weight. I need to talk to someone about this and maybe some advice for something i can do to help my weight. My legs, arms and stomach are the problem.

Please help me!

Hey chocolatefudge, welcome to the forum!

The first thing that you should do is to get your doctor's clearance for exercise. Ask them what level of intensity would be appropriate given your medical history and whether they are OK with you doing cardio, strength training, or both. Ultimately, a combination of cardio and strength training is optimal for weight loss, but starting with one or the other is just fine. If your doctor clears you for exercise, you will likely have to start very slowly... possibly with only 10 mins per day a few days per week. You most likely will experience more fatigue than usual; it takes time and patience for your body to build up strength and endurance, so expect more than 'normal' fatigue at the beginning. Once you feel that 10 mins is manageable, very gradually increase your exercise time.

For both diet and exercise, it may be a good idea to record what you eat and what you do for exercise. This way you can look back and see what works and what doesn't work. The weight loss diary thread is here:

Weight Loss Diary - Weight Loss Forum

I would suggest looking through to see what others are doing in terms of a healthy diet... and you're more than welcome to start up your own thread!

First things first, you need your doctor's approval for exercise before you start any program.

You do not NEED to exercise to lose weight. A lot of people lose piles of weight just but cutting their calories and switching to healthier food. Maybe that is the way for you to go as well?

I agree with this post. There are even products you can use to help you lose weight without exercising if you are unable to (I know because I currently use some).

Plus exercise does not have to be rigorous. People saying that walking is one of the best exercises as you use your whole body. Going for a 20 minute walk once a day or even breaking it up into four 5 minutes walks if you find the 20 minutes straight too much.

Good luck with your weight loss. :)

please help.....

So here's my dilemma... im a 21 year old female who has been living with a serious heart condition since i was 12. i suffer from an abnormally high heart rate. i also have an implanted Defibrillator :(. i have basically been told i cannot do any cardio what so ever so at the age of 12 i had to stop being active. im allowed moderate walking and easy swimming but that is it. because of this i have become severely depressed and over weight and im tired of it ill admit i don't eat well seeing as all i want to do is just sit here because im afraid to do anything. but i have no decided to change that ive been cutting back on the nasty foods and walking a little more but i cant seem to loose a single pound. does anyone have any ideas of what i can do to actually loose some weight and tone my belly?? i just want to be happy with myself for once and move on with my life. i also dont want to become more sick then i already am. i have consulted my doctor but they just said a lil walking easy swimming and better food but it is not working...

please help :S

So here's my dilemma... im a 21 year old female who has been living with a serious heart condition since i was 12. i suffer from an abnormally high heart rate. i also have an implanted Defibrillator :(. i have basically been told i cannot do any cardio what so ever so at the age of 12 i had to stop being active. im allowed moderate walking and easy swimming but that is it. because of this i have become severely depressed and over weight and im tired of it ill admit i don't eat well seeing as all i want to do is just sit here because im afraid to do anything. but i have no decided to change that ive been cutting back on the nasty foods and walking a little more but i cant seem to loose a single pound. does anyone have any ideas of what i can do to actually loose some weight and tone my belly?? i just want to be happy with myself for once and move on with my life. i also dont want to become more sick then i already am. i have consulted my doctor but they just said a lil walking easy swimming and better food but it is not working...

please help :S

I think that if you're patient and stick with it, you WILL see results. But you need to be consistent for a long time. I'm sorry to say it, but you will have to put in extra time walking and swimming simply due to the fact that you're not permitted to do anything but 'light' intensity.

Do you have a max heart rate that you've been given for when your defibrillator will go off? And do you wear a heart rate monitor for when you're active?

waking up

Waking up early morning when the rooster starts to crow ( I like to live in the county) is my favorite time of the day. How can it help you lose weight? For me frankly, it helps you to be emotionally stable. Waking up 10 or 15 mins early allows you to focus and reflect on just about anything that you want to think of. It also allows your body to adjust to the environment and allows you to choose healthy food choices.

If you wake up on the dot or just in time, you tend to be emotionally haggard so you are already stressed out and you will tend to grab just about anything that you set your eyes on (including that bar of chocolate! ) and you would be craving for carbo foods but will not be satisfied (because your body is not yet adjusted) so you will eat more just to have that sense of fullness.

:troll:

Waking up early morning when the rooster starts to crow ( I like to live in the county) is my favorite time of the day. How can it help you lose weight? For me frankly, it helps you to be emotionally stable. Waking up 10 or 15 mins early allows you to focus and reflect on just about anything that you want to think of. It also allows your body to adjust to the environment and allows you to choose healthy food choices.

If you wake up on the dot or just in time, you tend to be emotionally haggard so you are already stressed out and you will tend to grab just about anything that you set your eyes on (including that bar of chocolate! ) and you would be craving for carbo foods but will not be satisfied (because your body is not yet adjusted) so you will eat more just to have that sense of fullness.

:troll:

In all honesty, that makes no sense to me whatsoever.

When I wake up in the morning, the last thing on my mind is food. Even thinking about food until at least 3 - 4 hours after waking up makes me feel sick.

Also, I would rather get the 15 minutes of extra sleep than to lie there, stare at the ceiling and worry about this, that and the other thing. I do that all the time during the day, I don't need to take time away from what little sleep I get to do some more of that. So no...don't see the point in getting up earlier at all, and it certainly wouldn't do anything for my weight loss.

I think keeping slim or even weight loss, exercise is necessary. I don't agree that just diet can sucess.. Exer is so important for health..weight loss must be healthy as a precondition.JUST only a few minutes .it's ok. I have been doing this and i like the way to weight loss,, Not so fast but safty and health. experice, like jogging,skipping,hiking?all OK. As for diet , it's just normal. more fruit vegetables.. How do you all think for my thought? PLEA give me a reply.thax

Weight loss is a health issue which cannot be sidelined as it will end up with some serious diseases like obesity, diabetes, heart risks, and joint problems. So here we are discussing the basic causes and the difficulty in losing weight. I always look for topic related things that is weight loss, things that can improve my diet plans, help me in reaching my goals.

We live in an information overloaded society. There has not been a moment in history when information has been this available, right at our fingertips. By typing one simple phrase, we now get hundreds, thousands, sometimes even millions of answers to our most desired questions. And now it seems, because of the abundance of information available to us, that a lot of us are confused.
Just a thought:
1. Eat REAL Food.
2. Live Life Actively.
3. Get outside.
4. Constantly strive to improve in order to see change.
5. Get some sleep.
6. Practice Active Recovery .
7. Use Natural Movements.

By just living with these 7 rules in mind, you’re sure to become a healthier, happier and more fulfilling life.

Then tell me if they do work :)
These are really good suggestion ,I am already maintaining my daily routine including "YOGA" in my execise and using | garcinia cambogia as a drink.Its highly recommended for weigh loss and really helpful drink for weight lossing.

Their are many option to reduce weight.But diet And exercise work fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back