Wanna gain muscle

Hey, im looking to gain muscle and stay toned and healthy. i need a new diet, and a few tips for building a lot of muscle mass. im almost 16, but i want to start getting into shape and eating well. i dont know what u need to know, so i'll tell u all i can. im 6"3 and weigh 170 lbs. give or take a few. i'm pretty skinny and i wanted to know what things i should eat to bulk up. i only usually get a bowl of cereal in the morning b4 i gotta go to school. then about 4 hours later i go to subway where i get the same thing everyday : 6-inch coldcut on wheat with lots of veggies, no onions, olives or spicy stuff and i get cheese too... uhh i dont usually eat a very big supper because i usually have to cook for myself and i cant cook worth ****. i dont have many snacks during the day, but i usually have something b4 i go to bed. i was wondering if any1 knew any fast, easy to make meals? umm i have about 1/2 an hour in the morning to work out and then sometimes i have an hour after school or sometimes i have 5 hours, depends whats goin on that night. hmm i dont know what other info u might need... again heres what i want:

good diet- what to eat and what not to. also should i drink lots of water? protein bars/shakes.. good? or bad?

good excersizes- i want to work out the chest, arms, back, stomach, and whatever else you think i should work out. i want to stay toned as well as build muscle. i only have free-weights available at this time... i hope to be getting more soon.

any other tips you got. whew sorry its that long i thought it would only be like 2 lines. anyways any advise you got i could use it. later.

for exercises stick to the basics: squats, deadlifts, cleans, rows, chins, dips, presses, etc

1-3 sets of 8-12 reps is more than enough to get started. look here for exercise descriptions

www.exrx.net

for food and meals also stick to the basics. heres a good food list

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/stella9.htm

rough ideas are:

5-6 meals a day every 3 hours. for most ppl this comes out to 1 meal before work or school, 3 meals at work or school and 2 meals after.

breakfast: oats and eggs

lunch and dinner: chicken or lean red meat or fish or turkey with sweet potatoes or yams or veggies or brown rice

mid morning and mid afternoon snacks: pop top tuna or chicken, nuts, fruits, sandwiches, jerkey

before bed: cottage cheese with natty or almond butter

i cant cook either thats why i invested in a indoor grill and food steamer. just prepare the food and turn a dial. ;)

Back