Vegetarians/Vegans:Unite!

I am in the process of becoming vegetarian, though it has been rough so far. I want to ultimately go vegan because milk makes me very congested and I despise the taste of eggs. Mostly my reason for going vegetarian is because I have noticed when I don't eat meat I am almost always in a better mood. I feel better and more energetic and less crabby and sleepy. I seem to sleep better too. The hardest part right now is trying to find the money to buy vegetables and fruits to eat, since usually my mother does all the grocery shopping, since I am on a very limited budget. Anyway, any tips would be appreciated!

hi jweeks22,
im a vegan :) i would suggest buying fresh broccoli and beans and rice if you are on a limited budget- its cheap and its really tasty if you season it with cumin and other spices and add some tomato sauce.

angel light, I totally understand where you're coming from! About a year ago I tried to become vegetarian, but my mom absolutely would not let me. Little did she know, I was vegetarian for about 2 months and she never even noticed. Anyways, now we're both vegan! Her personal trainer suggested she try it for her health, and it's been awesome. It is SO difficult for minors to do a vegetarian/vegan diet without the support of their parents.

I honestly don't have much advice for you. That's a really difficult place to be! You probably wont' be able to convince your parents to consider a vegan/vegetarian diet, and if your situation is like mine was, then you are expected to eat what's put in front of you for dinner! I'd suggest eating as vegetarian as you can for now. When you move out, you can eat however you want! :] I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer.

Hi there,

I am new here. I want to get to this site as i have seen a lot of people concerned about there health especially on their nutrition. I am pro-vegetarian. i want to get to know other people who are fond of eating veggies rather than those meats.

I am more inclined in eating raw veggies. I have been doing this for several months now. Anyone who eats raw? I want to solicit some advices or any information that would be of help in my pursuit of having a healthy and happy life.

Where did all the plant based eaters go?
I prefer to call myself plant based because I tend to cycle on and off of being vegetarian.
There is also too much that goes into each name.
I really enjoy trying new recipes and since I got my vitamix I am a smoothie bowl lover. I also enjoy juicing anything with ginger in it.
Honestly I feel best when I eliminate meat from my diet.

i know it's an old joke, but i just heard it again a few days ago and it's still always funny...

How can you tell if someone is a vegetarian?
Don't worry, ...they'll tell you.

:)...?

i'm not a vegetarian, but i've definitely gotten away from a hunk of meat being the main part of a meal. when i shop, i first see what vegetables look good. i tend to consider meat as a side dish.

I am glad that I found this topic!
I am vegan almost from my childhood (except my mom's soups based on bones)
Then I started to work out hard and I started to eat meat.. and It was a mistake because I become fatter than I was and my body didn't work well...
It took me a few years to come back to the right vegan path :) Today I feel really good, and I don't have problems with my body weight :hurray:

Back