BMR Calculator Harris-Benedict equation

Exercise Directory

Other sites and tools

BMI Calculator

Body Fat % Navy Method
Body Fat % visual Estimate

BMR Calculator Miffin-St Jeor equation
BMR Calculator Harris Benedict Equation
BMR Calculator Katch-McArdle Formula, This tool also calculates TDEE and daily macro requirements ketogenic diet

Waist-to-Hip Ratio
Target Weight / Body Composition

Calorie and Nutrition Trackers

MyFitnessPal
Cron-o-meter

Exercise Trackers

Fitocracy

Exercise Directories

ExRx Exercise Directory - Very good directory for viewing correct exercise technique

Other Health Tools

Blood Pressure - Is my Blood Pressure Ok

View attachment 26501

View attachment 26503

Last edited:
hey, the Navy says i'm "acceptable"!
lol... i have a feeling they should add age to THAT calculation.

i really need to get a cloth tape ... fabric store, maybe?

Other Health Tools

Blood Pressure - Is my Blood Pressure Ok

one note about BP... for anyone who has never been in the hospital for more than 2-3 days (i have had three joint replacements), you are probably aware that BP, while making very little change in environment from hour to hour, can be all over the place. just in the past week i have had three Dr's office visit check and it has been as high as 142/82 and as low as 99.67. while i was in the hospital, two readings 4 hours apart when i was merely lying in bed were typically different by 10-20+ points.

i will add, that if you have multiple consistent high, or even low, readings... ok, then be concerned. but never let one reading or even one day of BP readings alarm you.

----------------------------------

on a completely different, but similar topic as far as weight loss aids... are Keto meters (the $60 - $90 type) accurate and/ or helpful?

thanks!

on a completely different, but similar topic as far as weight loss aids... are Keto meters (the $60 - $90 type) accurate and/ or helpful?

They are not essential, if your carb level is low enough (under 50 grams a day for most people) then you will be in nutritional ketosis, I have a glucose meter which also measures blood ketones, it works well but is really only a confirmation of what I already know, however more ketones does not mean more fat loss. Pee sticks are useless, and breath meters are not as accurate as blood meters.

if you haven't noticed, here is a neat little thing Google Maps will do for you if you walk...

View attachment 26715
after clicking on a few points to get your route traced properly, Google will figure out the elevation changes for you. i suspect "358 ft" is elevation above sea level, but it looks like my route climbs and descends through 180' a few times. the steep inclines are due to a set of steps that connect two local streets (most of the time Google picks up walking routes correctly, though it screws up sometimes. if you notice an error, send them a comment. it does work) ... one day i'll have to count them, but there are a LOT.

Last edited:
View attachment 26717
ok, i had it wrong, but now i find it even handier. i checked and my elevation (above sea level) is actually ~80'. the 358' in the above diagram indicates the total route change in elevation... that is, over the 3.3 miles i will have both climbed and descended 358', winding up back at home which makes sense.

i could not get any of the fitness.com calculators to work.
tried with both Firefox and IE, both metric & imperial.

Have you tried installing the newest updates for your browser? I tried Firefox and both worked. If you don't have Google Chrome, try installing it and see if that works. Often times the browsers are the problem. Hope you were able to get them to work.

It did not work for me aswell on Windows 7. Now I am on Win10 and works correctly. There must be some issue with older windows version

It did not work for me aswell on Windows 7...

99.9% of the time, problems on web pages are not due to the web pages you are going to, nor the operating system you are using, they are down to the web browser and issues with the browser. It is the web browsers job to interpret the websites out there, not the operating system. Trust me. I am a web developer and I work in IT. I troubleshoot these things all day long.

I tested the site using Windows 7 machine, it worked fine.

anyone know a source for a simple CLOTH (not like this POS synthetic/ plastic one) tape? not one of those tailor tapes with that big hunking thing at the end, ...just plain, white, 60". i can't believe this one is actually branded SINGER... weren't that a quality product at one time? of course it could be a knock-off, i'll give them that. it didn't lie flat after day one and it was even off (the end) by ~¼".

tape.jpg

Closing this thread as it attracts too much spam.
Tru can edit or open up if needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back