Uk attitudes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fit40

AHi. I'm obese but very fit. I walk everywhere. I can run a 5k and 10k and an 8 min mile. I eat 600-800 cals weekdays and up to 1200 weekends. Whenever I visit the drs they tell me to eat less fat. And walk 30 mins a day (I avg 4 miles a day). They don't ask me what I eat or how much exercise I actually do. They assume I eat fatty food and don't exercise. I prob ex more and eat less than them! not everyone can eat and not exercise and stay thin. After 3 months with a pers trainer and no wloss my trainer said well at least your fitness has increased - true. He had no bad comment about my effort or food diary. At the wloss clinic after analysing my food diaries the nurse said just keep doing what your doing yet no wloss? I've been checked. I have no medical problems and apart from obesity I'm healthy. Yet I want to reduce my risk of diabetes. Stroke. High cholesterol. High blood pressure. I eat protein bars as meal replacement (200 cals each). And a protein and veg meal of avg 400-500 cals. I occasionally eat carbs as well.

In a year I've lost 5lbs but gone from size 18 to size 14. I'm 4ft 11 and weigh 11 stone. My bmi is 31. My waist is 32. I AM alot fitter but I want my bmi to come down. I really don't know what to do.

I'm fed up and would like support if anyone can give advise or encouragement. I started serous wloss last may and would've expected better results with all I'm doing. If doctors can't help where does that leave me?

Hey...Glad you joined our October challenge

Still time to have a good week one!

AOur hometown is the "Rural Capital of Food'. Famous for pork pies and Stilton cheese. On the plus side we have fresh fruit n veg markets twice a week?

No excuse then for fresh healthy meals? Plus I'm vegetarian so no worries about the calorie laden hot crust pastry????????

Less eating help you stay healthy. If you are eating too much junk food then it is making problem for you , heart issues etc, you have to listen to your doctor.If he is asking for exercise and saying to eat less then he know that you can get in trouble ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back